About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Placing pbuh after prophets name

Started by Zara, August 09, 2006, 09:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idolfree1

Peace be upon you M Mehdi,

QuoteIF1:
The point I was making is that sectarians are taught to say (pbuh) after Muhammad and (SWT) after Allah. But most often you dont see the (SWT), but always the (PBUH). I used to point this out to people in the very forum, and they would adress it by adding (SWT) after Allah for a few posts, but then fall back into thier "programming" after a day, if not sooner.

MM:
This again does not make much sense here brother, because if in fact you wish others to stop the practice of uttering such sayings after the name of a Prophet or Allah, then why would you remind another to continue?

Where did I say I reminded someone to continue?  :) I said I pointed out to them how they were INCONSISTENT in what they decided to do. But instead of them seeing the underlying idolization (that I once had as well) and refrainig from adding PBUH, they choose to ad SWT behind Allah. But the proof of the imitated idolization is that after a while, they go right back to only doing it after Muhammad.

QuoteQuote
Is it out of fear that you should be doing it? Thats what you have to ask yourself.

Why would it have to be out of fear that one would say," Muhammad(pboh)"?

Because sects are run off of fear, fear of eternal hellfire for not blindly believing in seas being split, sticks turning into snakes, giant ark's filled with animals, and saying PBUH after Muhammad.

QuoteI would have taken your question to be sincere question to find out where Zara is coming from

It was sincere for Zara.

Quotehowever you added, "Thats what you have to ask yourself." Isn't this a bit presumptuous? It appears to say more of your mind set, than of the subject at hand.

Yes, that is what I had to ask myself and based on life experience, I urge her to do the same. But as I also stated which you have not taken the time to also add is that there is no compulsion and her decision is respected.

M_Mehdi

peace be on you Idolfree1,

Quote from: idolfree1 on August 16, 2006, 03:34:05 PM
Where did I say I reminded someone to continue?  :) I said I pointed out to them how they were INCONSISTENT in what they decided to do. But instead of them seeing the underlying idolization (that I once had as well) and refrainig from adding PBUH, they choose to ad SWT behind Allah. But the proof of the imitated idolization is that after a while, they go right back to only doing it after Muhammad.

Because sects are run off of fear, fear of eternal hellfire for not blindly believing in seas being split, sticks turning into snakes, giant ark's filled with animals, and saying PBUH after Muhammad.

Thank you for making more clear about your observations. Your observations appear to be very much like the observations of brother Edip. This raises in me the curiosity. Although the behaviour you both present is true by your observation, one cannot deny that the examples which you both bring forth, are only a portion of the whole. If one takes into account the Universal Message of our Deen, we can understand that there is much more to the society of Believers than just reformists and traditionalists. Therefore again, it's understandable the observations which you bring forth, but not completely acceptable.

Quote from: idolfree1 on August 16, 2006, 03:34:05 PMIt was sincere for Zara.

Good to hear.

Yes, that is what I had to ask myself and based on life experience, I urge her to do the same. But as I also stated which you have not taken the time to also add is that there is no compulsion and her decision is respected.

Yes brother, I did leave that out and it was with intent. I believe your comment about compulsion with a sense of approval and therefore respect of someone elses decisions was even more presumptuous than the question you presented, given the whole of the comment. I only meant to hide it and focuse more on the subject at hand. So please do not take offense in this matter.

idolfree1

Peace be upon you M Mehdi,

I am not quite sure I understand your response, but the points have been made so we can bring this to a close. Any other question I would ask you would be of a different topic not for this thread, such as the curiosity that has been raised for you, etc.

M_Mehdi

Peace be upon you Idolfree1,

As you wish brother. Please feel free to start a new thread if you like in hopes for understanding. (insha_Allah) :)

lovelymoslems

Quote from: Samia on August 15, 2006, 09:19:35 AM
ُExactly!! Maybe you also experienced saying, for example: Allah commands or says so and so, no one will say anything. The moment you say Mohammad or the messenger/prophet said so and so, everyone would interrupt you with "salla allahu 3alaihi wa sallam"; and that's everytime you mention him!!
We use to respect traditions, habits. dogmas that not in Al Quran. Conjecture become a habit whreby according to Allah no distinguish between prophets just even in calling  of their names. We have to respect all prophets similarly because they were sent by Allah,  with similar task and obligation i.e. establish the deen ! (QS.42/13) If you call Muhammad by SAW then Ibrahim, Musa, Isa and others by AS, you mean to underscore them inferior to Muhammad. The real conjecture !!!
Rasuls are sent to save men from slavery of men's idiology. Life without rasul is imposible to have Islam as true ad diin.

M_Mehdi

Quote from: lovelymoslems on August 17, 2006, 11:13:03 AM
We use to respect traditions, habits.

Peace,

Who are you refering to when you say "We" in your post above?

lovelymoslems

Quote from: M_Mehdi on August 17, 2006, 11:38:22 AM
We use to respect traditions, habits.

Peace,

Who are you refering to when you say "We" in your post above?

Men who claim as moslem
Rasuls are sent to save men from slavery of men's idiology. Life without rasul is imposible to have Islam as true ad diin.

M_Mehdi

Thank you kindly lovelymoslems for your response. Please let me relay to you that there are Muslims , men and women, as my wife and myself who do not therefore fit your description of "we":

We use to respect traditions, habits. dogmas that not in Al Quran. Conjecture become a habit whreby according to Allah no distinguish between prophets just even in calling  of their names.

It would be conjecture to think we, all Muslims, have come from the same background as Sunni, Shia etc.. traditionalism which as you say "respect traditions, habits, dogmas that not in Al Quran." Please do not let my birth place be the basis of conclusion based on guesswork and please never associate me with a sect, past or prersent.

If one takes into account the Universal Message of our Deen, we can understand that there is much more to the society of Believers than just reformists and traditionalists.

Peace be on you... May Allah guide us all... ameen