News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Masjid Alharam vs. Masjid Al Aqsa

Started by Batura, February 02, 2024, 03:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batura

According to "The Natural Republic", both the location of Hajj as well as Qibla direction is Temple Mount/Dome of the Rock.

If we refer to verse 17:1, we clearly have two mosques, Masjid Alharam and Masjid Al Aqsa. If we accept that the place for Hajj mentioned in 3:96 is Temple Mount (Masjid Al Aqsa) as "The Natural Replublic" argues, the Qibla verses in chapter 2 make it clear that Qibla is towards Masjid Al Haram (2:144, 2:149, 2:150).

1. This seems to be a contradiction which the The Natural Republic does not address. The Natural Republic implicitly implies that Dome of the Rock is both Masjid Al-Haram (Qibla Direction) as well as Masjid Al-Aqsa (location of Hajj), which cannot be possible.

2. If Temple Mount is Masjid Al-Aqsa, where is Masjid Al-Haram? As clearly established by historiagraphers (Crone, Cook, Hoyland, Tom Holland etc), Makkah did not exist before the end of 7th century. So where was the واد غیر زی ذرع located?

shukri

Quote from: Batura on February 02, 2024, 03:27:56 PM

2. If Temple Mount is Masjid Al-Aqsa, where is Masjid Al-Haram? As clearly established by historiagraphers (Crone, Cook, Hoyland, Tom Holland etc), Makkah did not exist before the end of 7th century. So where was the واد غیر زی ذرع located?

Maybe this thread can give you some enlightenment:
https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9611307.0

For the time being, I fully believe that the original/authorised Masjidil Haram was located at Petra, Jordan and NOT at Makkah Al-Mukarramah, Saudi Arabia.
Unless someone can give me better proof to supersede the facts given by the thread starter.
My Reply #15-17 on this thread is referred to!

Just my take.
Thank you.

"My Lord, pardon me if I have forgotten or erred"

Wakas

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]