If the Tauwrat, Zabur and Injeel are corrupted, why does the Quran say...

Started by SeekingThePrayer, August 26, 2017, 05:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeekingThePrayer

An English translation of the Quran - 5:47 And let the people of the Gospel judge with what God has sent down in it. And whoever does not judge with what God has sent down, then these are the wicked.

5:68 Say: "O people of the Book, you are not upon anything until you uphold the Torah and the Gospel and what was sent down to you from your Lord." And for many of them, what was sent down to you from your Lord will only increase them in transgression and rejection. So do not feel sorry for the rejecting people.

How can we be so ignorant. The Quran told us to let the people of the Injeel judge with it. It told us to uphold the Torah and the Injeel.

How can they be manipulated if God is telling us to uphold them and believe in them and judge with them? Would God ask us to uphold manipulated books and commit shirk, or do you follow people who lie?

More verses on this topic, 2:285, 3:3, 4:136, 5:43, 29:46 etc.

Abdul-Hadi

Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

People of the Book is used to refer to other monotheistic systems/religions, that is, other than islam (which is really a deen and not a religion). The Almighty has sent down Guidance to all nations...and many nations have adulterated the Guidance. It should be obvious that we should in no way uphold the additions of people.

Examples follow:

Does the Almighty teach falsehood?

Rabbits chewing cud, bats are birds, etc...

Does the Almighty change Guidance throughout time?

Shellfish are expressly allowed in the Qur'an and expressly disallowed in Old Testament.

The KJV of the Bible even inserts verses, including one referring to a trinity that is not found before.

https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/justintaylor/2010/08/23/why-does-the-king-james-bible-have-some-different-verses-than-modern-translations/

I can't uphold what is known to be false, and I can't in good conscience tell anyone else to uphold it either.

I don't deny that the core of the Books is good...but the Books have had additions and bad translations twist them beyond what was sent down. Even the Qur'an has had its share of bad translations. Then hadith and Concordances and canon and Sunnah and Catechisms and traditions all bog the entire thing down even more. It takes some effort to separate what is real from what is fantasy, and to accept it all without critical analysis will essentially mean that garbage in equals garbage out.

Different people have different traditions and different laws. There is no compulsion in the deen, and we are not to dispute over rites. It is entirely okay for other people to judge where they have power according to their traditions, rites, and laws.

May ALLAH see fit to Guide all seekers.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

Abdun Nur

Because Tauwrat, Zabur and Injeel do not reference religious books, that is the corruption, to claim they do.

Man of Faith

Quote from: Abdun Nur on August 26, 2017, 12:04:21 PM
Because Tauwrat, Zabur and Injeel do not reference religious books, that is the corruption, to claim they do.

I can agree with that.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

SAJ

Quote from: Abdun Nur on August 26, 2017, 12:04:21 PM

yes, absolutely. What do you believe Tauwrat, Zabur and Injeel are actually referring to? thank you.

owlwithbow

Quote from: Abdul-Hadi on August 26, 2017, 11:03:04 AM
Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

People of the Book is used to refer to other monotheistic systems/religions, that is, other than islam (which is really a deen and not a religion). The Almighty has sent down Guidance to all nations...and many nations have adulterated the Guidance. It should be obvious that we should in no way uphold the additions of people.

Examples follow:

Does the Almighty teach falsehood?

Rabbits chewing cud, bats are birds, etc...

Does the Almighty change Guidance throughout time?

Shellfish are expressly allowed in the Qur'an and expressly disallowed in Old Testament.

The KJV of the Bible even inserts verses, including one referring to a trinity that is not found before.

https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.org/justintaylor/2010/08/23/why-does-the-king-james-bible-have-some-different-verses-than-modern-translations/

I can't uphold what is known to be false, and I can't in good conscience tell anyone else to uphold it either.

I don't deny that the core of the Books is good...but the Books have had additions and bad translations twist them beyond what was sent down. Even the Qur'an has had its share of bad translations. Then hadith and Concordances and canon and Sunnah and Catechisms and traditions all bog the entire thing down even more. It takes some effort to separate what is real from what is fantasy, and to accept it all without critical analysis will essentially mean that garbage in equals garbage out.

Different people have different traditions and different laws. There is no compulsion in the deen, and we are not to dispute over rites. It is entirely okay for other people to judge where they have power according to their traditions, rites, and laws.

May ALLAH see fit to Guide all seekers.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

Not all Laws sent down to a nation should also be uphold by other nations. So there a specific Laws for specific people.

You say that the Scriptures we have now contradict themselves? Well, how good is your Hebrew and Greek? Or are you assuming, based upon a translation that you have read?

About translations, they can be very dangerous. Not only people among the Christians play with translations but also among the Arabs different sects are playing with translations. So my point now is: We can't make conclusions based upon a translation only. We need to know the language of the Book and study it for a while and ask God alone for understanding before we might even think about if it's true or false.

Don't be like those people who can't read a single letter of Arabic, but claim that the Quran is false.
One God, many different Messengers, but One Message.

Stardusx

almarh0m

Peace

Al Qur'an is definitely not a book of religious instructions but rather a user manual for all human in how to live in/on this earth of the creator. As for all the previous scriptures or user manuals mentioned in the Qur'an, they are all Qur'an in non Arabic languages.

Peace to all
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

centi50

Quote from: SeekingThePrayer on August 26, 2017, 05:55:31 AM
An English translation of the Quran - 5:47 And let the people of the Gospel judge with what God has sent down in it. And whoever does not judge with what God has sent down, then these are the wicked.

5:68 Say: "O people of the Book, you are not upon anything until you uphold the Torah and the Gospel and what was sent down to you from your Lord." And for many of them, what was sent down to you from your Lord will only increase them in transgression and rejection. So do not feel sorry for the rejecting people.

How can we be so ignorant. The Quran told us to let the people of the Injeel judge with it. It told us to uphold the Torah and the Injeel.

How can they be manipulated if God is telling us to uphold them and believe in them and judge with them? Would God ask us to uphold manipulated books and commit shirk, or do you follow people who lie?

More verses on this topic, 2:285, 3:3, 4:136, 5:43, 29:46 etc.

God is Telling the people of the book to uphold the Torah and injeel. I am wondering now if those two the Torah and injeel we (I mean majority of traditional Muslims) say is corrupt why would God still tell the people of the book to uphold it and judge by it.

Please someone explain this to me.

So far I haven't understood the discussion on it

God bless you all

God bless