News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Heck Yeah Doritos

Started by Meemz, July 31, 2012, 10:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulf

I'm not eating it! But even with halal meat, there'll be some blood escaping the piece of meat when it lies there in the shop waiting for a customer to take it home.
If you name me, you negate me.

scaredmuslimah

Quote from: es on September 12, 2012, 05:22:01 PM

I thought we can't eat blood?  I am seriously confused. I think I'm going to have to go back to being a vegan like I used to be. Ah, the good old days!!

ES,

I understand not eating blood as in raw meat...maybe even a rare steak.  With the risk of food-borne illness, who would want to?  When you cook meat, it will still have some blood in it, but you end up cooking it which kills any bacteria at that point.

Peace,

Amina

Karimah

How I miss marshmellows. Been on a quest to find halal kind but no luck so far.
...O my Lord! Lo! mine own folk make this Qur'an of no account.

Abdul-Hadi

Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

Quote from: Karimah on September 14, 2012, 01:03:54 AM
How I miss marshmellows. Been on a quest to find halal kind but no luck so far.

If one feels the need...

http://www.halalco.com/marshmallows.html

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

Abdul-Hadi

Also, if memory serves, many marshmallow cremes/fluffs (comes in a jar) are gelatin free.  If one's understanding leads one to avoid gelatin, this may be a viable and widely available option.

There are vegetarian marshmallows, kosher marshmallows, halal marshmallows, and regular marshmallows.  In any case, marshmallows are available for most any diet.  It is even possible to make your own marshamallows. 

~Abdul-Hadi

scaredmuslimah

Quote from: Abdul-Hadi on September 14, 2012, 01:38:18 AM

Also, if memory serves, many marshmallow cremes/fluffs (comes in a jar) are gelatin free.  If one's understanding leads one to avoid gelatin, this may be a viable and widely available option.

There are vegetarian marshmallows, kosher marshmallows, halal marshmallows, and regular marshmallows.  In any case, marshmallows are available for most any diet.  It is even possible to make your own marshamallows. 

~Abdul-Hadi

Peace,

You are right, and I wanted to point out that the marshmallows in most cereals (Lucky Charms, etc.) are NOT made with gelatin.  They are sugar...so if you were like me and avoiding the sugary marshmallow filled cereals you enjoyed as a child, you can breathe a sigh of relief.   

Oh...and I listened to my husband tell me for an entire year that jell-o pudding had gelatin in it...it doesn't.  Only the actual jell-o (jiggly stuff) does.  The pudding is made with cornstarch.  You can best believe I indulge in my pudding now... ;)

IAMOP

Breaking news: poop factory sprays cologne on poop

"I never thought I'd be saying this, but that poop smells pretty good" - Anonymous customer
As you fall asleep and wake up to a new day
So shall you enter your grave and arise to the last

"Now no person knows what delights of the eye are kept hidden for them - as a reward for their deeds" (32:17)

Indelwyn

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was pregnant with Adam, I had no idea pork was in Doritos and of course I craved them. I was chowing them down in the masjid and a sister almost tackled me...lol I was so bummed. It was my craving and I could not have them. I am doing the happy dance now. About time, I was getting so tired of seeing everything with pork in it.
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness."- Saladin

scaredmuslimah

Quote from: Indelwyn on September 18, 2012, 04:45:45 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was pregnant with Adam, I had no idea pork was in Doritos and of course I craved them. I was chowing them down in the masjid and a sister almost tackled me...lol I was so bummed. It was my craving and I could not have them. I am doing the happy dance now. About time, I was getting so tired of seeing everything with pork in it.

:rotfl:  Oh my goodness!