A Quranist and Quran translation tampering QXP

Started by Leoxyz, August 24, 2007, 01:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leoxyz

Dear brother/sisters.
QXP 2nd Edition 2005
Author : Shabbir Ahmed ,M.D  (Florida)
Actual Aya:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ إِذَا قُمْتُمْ إِلَى الصَّلاةِ فاغْسِلُواْ وُجُوهَكُمْ وَأَيْدِيَكُمْ إِلَى الْمَرَافِقِ وَامْسَحُواْ بِرُؤُوسِكُمْ وَأَرْجُلَكُمْ إِلَى الْكَعْبَينِ
Further Reference
http://www.islamicity.com/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/5/5_6.htm
Traslated by Shabbir Ahmed :
5:6 O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! When you congregate for Salat, wash you faces and your forearms ,hands to the elbows. Lightly rub you heads and your feet to the ankles

I challenge to Prove this translation from the Quranic Text .
Another Explicit example of  Tanslation Tampering

jankren

I think I have to agree on this one.

I believe QXP is the worst among a few Quran translations I have ever read. It is full of conjectures by the author. Countless words can be found in it which do not even exist in the actual Arabic texts.

"We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians."
- Nelson Mandela

"Hesitation leads to masturbation."
- Socrates

Arnold Yasin

Peace,

Dear Jankren, please read the preface before making such ignorant claims:

QXP is a Tasreef-based understanding of the Qur?an presented in contemporary English that is easy enough even for teenagers. It is not a literal translation.

Tasreef is the Qur?anic process where verses in one part of the Qur?an explain or provide deeper understanding of the verses in other parts of the Book. Concisely, it means looking at the Qur?an in its Big Picture. The Qur?an,thus, lets us look at its terms and concepts from very diverse vantage points.This is how special care has been taken to explain every verse from within the Qur?an itself.

The respected reader should expect to find ?The Qur?an As It Explains Itself?different from the prevalent translations and explanations because of the use of Tasreef and the Quraish dialect, and for rejecting extrinsic sources.

The work although close to translation, is more of an understanding from within the Qur?an itself. This Divine Writ calls itself An-Noor (the Light) and light needs no extrinsic sources to show itself. Therefore, I have based my presentation on two principles:

Focusing on the language in which the Qur?an was revealed.
Making use of Tasreef, that is, how the Qur?an repeats its messages from very diverse vantage points.
A diligent study of the Book using Tasreef helps us look at the Qur?an in its Big Picture, and this method gives us a phenomenal advantage toward its understanding.

Leoxyz

Quote from: Arnold Yasin on August 24, 2007, 04:04:06 AM
Peace,

Dear Jankren, please read the preface before making such ignorant claims:

QXP is a Tasreef-based understanding of the Qur?an presented in contemporary English that is easy enough even for teenagers. It is not a literal translation.

Tasreef is the Qur?anic process where verses in one part of the Qur?an explain or provide deeper understanding of the verses in other parts of the Book. Concisely, it means looking at the Qur?an in its Big Picture. The Qur?an,thus, lets us look at its terms and concepts from very diverse vantage points.This is how special care has been taken to explain every verse from within the Qur?an itself.

The respected reader should expect to find ?The Qur?an As It Explains Itself?different from the prevalent translations and explanations because of the use of Tasreef and the Quraish dialect, and for rejecting extrinsic sources.

The work although close to translation, is more of an understanding from within the Qur?an itself. This Divine Writ calls itself An-Noor (the Light) and light needs no extrinsic sources to show itself. Therefore, I have based my presentation on two principles:

Focusing on the language in which the Qur?an was revealed.
Making use of Tasreef, that is, how the Qur?an repeats its messages from very diverse vantage points.
A diligent study of the Book using Tasreef helps us look at the Qur?an in its Big Picture, and this method gives us a phenomenal advantage toward its understanding.

Does tasreef allow one to tamper the translation and commit "Tahreef bil Mahna" تحريف بالمعنى
The Holy Quran warned us
مِّنَ الَّذِينَ هَادُواْ يُحَرِّفُونَ الْكَلِمَ عَن مَّوَاضِعِهِ
(4:46) Among those who have become Jews ,there are some who alter the words from their context,

OPF

^

If you are correct, then I would advise that people be mindful of 3:78 also.

Leoxyz

Quote from: OPF on August 24, 2007, 03:07:05 PM
^

If you are correct, then I would advise that people be mindful of 3:78 also.
Thanks a lot that you agreed to my point of view:The aya referred by you :
وَإِنَّ مِنْهُمْ لَفَرِيقًا يَلْوُونَ أَلْسِنَتَهُم بِالْكِتَابِ لِتَحْسَبُوهُ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَمَا هُوَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَيَقُولُونَ هُوَ مِنْ عِندِ اللّهِ وَمَا هُوَ مِنْ عِندِ اللّهِ وَيَقُولُونَ عَلَى اللّهِ الْكَذِبَ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ﴿3:78﴾
(3:78) And there is a party among them who twist their tongues while reciting the Book to make you think that it is part of the Book when in fact it is not.  They say: 'It is from Allah', when in fact it is not from Allah. They falsely fix a lie upon Allah, and do so wittingly.

This is what I am saying "Tahreef" in Holy books is a crime

Tay

Peace,

It might be relevant if the text claimed itself to be a translation. Fortunately for the authors, it does not. Please refrain from baseless accusations, particularly in thread titles.

Peace,
Tay
And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while they are passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do. [27:88]

Leoxyz

Quote from: Tay on August 24, 2007, 06:06:42 PM
Peace,

It might be relevant if the text claimed itself to be a translation. Fortunately for the authors, it does not. Please refrain from baseless accusations, particularly in thread titles.

Peace,
Tay

Dear Brother:
How can you call it as "accusation".I provided the proof.
Accusation is when it is false.
What I have pointed out if this is wrong,I will apologize to the author and all of you.
But first prove that author's translation is correct.

Wakas

Quote from: LeoxyzBut first prove that author's translation is correct.

That is the point - it is not a translation. More correctly, you should say "prove that author's interpretation/explanation is correct". For this, you'd have to ask the author, who as far as I'm aware is not a member of the forum, so asking here is pointless. His email is on the ourbeacon.com site.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Leoxyz

Quote from: Wakas on August 24, 2007, 06:56:57 PM
That is the point - it is not a translation. More correctly, you should say "prove that author's interpretation/explanation is correct". For this, you'd have to ask the author, who as far as I'm aware is not a member of the forum, so asking here is pointless. His email is on the ourbeacon.com site.
Dear Waqas:
I do not want to know why he has done.This is expected.I just to let the readers know what is there.
Don't you bash the traditionlist interpretation ?
If not aware read whole of Literature by G.A Perwez.
The Holy Quran says:
كَبُرَ مَقْتًا عِندَ اللَّهِ أَن تَقُولُوا مَا لَا تَفْعَلُونَ﴿61:3﴾
Is this not so??