News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The Self-Serving Verses of the Qur'an

Started by Comrox, May 01, 2016, 10:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comrox

Peace all,

I thought it would be a good idea to collect and post all the verses claimed to be self-serving in some way to Muhammad. (If I'm missing any, post below. ;D)

I see the claims people make about these, such as, "Muhammad said these verses for his own personal gain, so the Qur'an cannot be divine." I still have some trouble with these verses, particularly 33:50 and 33:51 (I read the other short threads on 33:50, and they didn't really help).

What did Muhammad really gain from all these verses? When some of them are so particular to Muhammad and his life, why are they included in the book?

Insight into any of the below would be appreciated.

--

8:41: "And know that anything you profit, one-fifth shall go to God and the messenger, and the relatives, and the orphans, and the poor, and the wayfarer. You will do this if you believe in God and in what We revealed to Our servant on the Day of the Criterion, the day the two armies clashed; and God is capable of all things."

24:62: "The believers are those who believe in God and His messenger, and when they are with him in a meeting, they do not leave him without permission. Those who ask permission are the ones who do believe in God and His messenger. If they ask your permission, in order to attend to some of their affairs, you may grant permission to whoever you wish, and ask God to forgive them. God is Forgiver, Merciful."

24:63: "Do not let the calling of the messenger between you be as if you are calling each other. God is fully aware of those among you who slip away under flimsy excuses. Let those who oppose his command beware, for an ordeal may strike them, or a painful retribution."

33:6: "The prophet is closer to the believers than themselves, and his wives are mothers to them. And the decree of God to the believers and the emigrants is that before they help their relatives, they have taken care of their own families first. Such has been decreed in the Book."

33:21: "Indeed, in the messenger of God a good example has been set for you for he who seeks God and the Last Day and thinks constantly about God."

33:25-27: "And God drove back those who disbelieved with their rage, they left empty handed. God thus spared the believers any fighting. God is Powerful, Noble. And He also brought down those who helped support them from among the people of the Book from their secure positions, and He threw terror into their hearts. Some of them you killed, and some you took captive. And He made you inherit their lands, and their homes, and their money, and lands you had never stepped on; and God is able to do all things."

33:33 (speaking to the prophet's wives, as shown in 33:32, and the beginning of the verse sounds like the prophet's wives should be locked in their homes as much as possible): "You shall be content in your homes, and do not show off like in the old days of ignorance. You shall hold the contact prayer, and contribute towards purification, and obey God and His messenger. God wishes to remove any taint from you, O family of the Shrine, and to purify you completely."

33:36: "It is not for a believing male or believing female, if God and His messenger issue any command, that they have any choice in their decision. And anyone who disobeys God and His messenger, he has gone far astray."

33:37: "And you said to the one who was blessed by God, and blessed by you: 'Keep your wife and reverence God,' and you hid inside yourself what God wished to proclaim. And you were concerned with the people, while God was more deserving that you be concerned with. So when Zayd ended his relationship with his wife, We had you marry her, to establish that there is no wrongdoing for the believers in marrying the wives of their adopted sons if their relationship is ended. And the command of God is always done."

33:38: "There is no blame on the prophet in doing anything that God has decreed upon him. Such was the way of God with the people of old. And the command of God is a determined duty."

33:50: "O prophet, We have made lawful for you the wives to whom you have already given their dowries, and the one committed to by your oath, as granted to you by God; and the daughters of the brothers of your father, and the daughters of the sisters of your father, and daughters of the brothers of your mother, and the daughters of the sisters of your mother?those who emigrated with you. Also, the believing woman who had decreed herself to the prophet, the prophet may marry her if he wishes, as a privilege given only to you and not to the believers. We have already decreed their rights in regard to their spouses and those who are committed to by their oath. This is to spare you any hardship. God is Forgiver, Merciful."

33:51 (I see many people using this verse as an example of Muhammad's sexual attitudes towards his wives): "You may postpone whom you will of them, and you may receive whom you will. And whomsoever you seek of those whom you have set aside then there is no sin upon you. Such is best that they may be comforted and not grieve, and that they may all be pleased with what you give them. And God knows what is in your hearts. And God is Knowledgeable, Compassionate."

33:53: "O you who believe, do not enter the homes of the prophet unless you are invited to a meal, without you forcing such an invitation. But if you are invited, you may enter. And when you finish eating, you shall leave, without staying to wait for a narrative. This used to bother the prophet, and he was shy to tell you. But God does not shy away from the truth. And if you ask his wives for something, ask them from behind a barrier. This is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not for you to harm the messenger of God, nor that you should marry his wives after him. This is indeed a gross offense with God."

66:1-2: "O prophet, why do you make unlawful what God has made lawful for you, seeking to please your wives? God is Forgiver, Merciful. God has already given the law, regarding the cancellation of oaths. And God is your Lord, and He is the Knowledgeable, the Wise."

66:3-5: "And when the prophet confided a narrative to some of his wives, then one of them spread it, and God revealed it to him, he recognized part of it and denied part. So when he informed her, she said, 'Who informed you of this?' He said: 'I was informed by the Knowledgeable, the Expert.' If the two of you repeat to God, then your hearts have listened. But if you band together against him, then God is his ally, and so are Gabriel and the righteous believers. Also, the angels are his helpers. It may be that he would divorce you, then his Lord will substitute other wives in your place who are better than you; submitting, believing, devout, repentant, worshiping, pilgrim, mature and youthful."

--

And then this one I'm just confused about:

22:52-53: "And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet, without having the devil interfere with his wishes. God then duplicates what the devil has cast, and God secures His revelations. And God is Knower, Wise. That He may make what the devil has cast as a test for those who have a disease in their hearts and those whose hearts are hardened. And the wicked are far away in opposition."

--

(Bold emphasis is added by me. All translations are by Free Minds.)

:peace:
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

Man of Faith

Indeed giving Muhammad an arrogant touch.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Comrox

Quote from: Man of Faith on May 02, 2016, 01:01:29 AM
Indeed giving Muhammad an arrogant touch.

Have you investigated these verses yet in your research Man of Faith?

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

imrankhawaja

jealousy is a nasty thing, it was due to a reason last prophet was arabic, the disease in the heart of christian and jews they was thinking last prophet will come within themselves, but Allah plan is superior than human being,

all these verses are fully logical and if these verses were not there then it would be very easy to eliminate the personality of prophet,

a group of jews and christian try to do it with historical books what stupid muslim call hadith and they manipulate the characters inside it and most funny thing the hadith talk about the bible and tales of old new testament which is a clear evidence what  people try to do, i m not blaming any religion i m telling you what people try to do to distract innocent people,

they changed their teachings at first  place and when quran come it was impossible for them to change it so they divert it to sharia law, but common sense is a common factor in every common human being,

so use it plz

peace

Man of Faith

Have you investigated these verses yet in your research Man of Faith?

Unfortunately not, 'Muhammed' the word has not come up yet in the project. However, just like many other names, many Semitic names could both be used as a normal word and a name. محمد (Muhammed) is not impossible to use as a standard word in a phrase.

Be well
Amenuel
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Man of Faith

There is no last prophet :-)

The Arabic word for prophet (nabi) means insightful one and anyone seeking sufficiently will also find. A deeper insight means greater nabi.

Be well
Amenuel

Comrox

Quote from: imrankhawaja on May 02, 2016, 02:35:09 AM
jealousy is a nasty thing, it was due to a reason last prophet was arabic, the disease in the heart of christian and jews they was thinking last prophet will come within themselves, but Allah plan is superior than human being,

all these verses are fully logical and if these verses were not there then it would be very easy to eliminate the personality of prophet,

a group of jews and christian try to do it with historical books what stupid muslim call hadith and they manipulate the characters inside it and most funny thing the hadith talk about the bible and tales of old new testament which is a clear evidence what  people try to do, i m not blaming any religion i m telling you what people try to do to distract innocent people,

they changed their teachings at first  place and when quran come it was impossible for them to change it so they divert it to sharia law, but common sense is a common factor in every common human being,

so use it plz

peace

What the Internet says about Muhammad is terrible. They use these verses to claim that Muhammad was looking for special protection and exemptions.

I have not yet found a clear explanation for these verses that put to rest all my uneasy feelings about them. I've tried. I read it multiple times, I look it up, I try to understand. I come across an answer of sorts that I can agree with, but it doesn't help me fully. I continue to come back to these verses, still uneasy about them. That's why I made this thread. If these verses were fully logical, why doesn't there seem to be good explanation surrounding them, when many people are using these exact verses to attack the divinity of the Qur'an? What is being missed that is so clear to you?

Quote from: Man of Faith on May 02, 2016, 02:57:59 PM
Unfortunately not, 'Muhammed' the word has not come up yet in the project. However, just like many other names, many Semitic names could both be used as a normal word and a name. محمد (Muhammed) is not impossible to use as a standard word in a phrase.

Be well
Amenuel

Good to know. :) I would love to hear about what you find when you get to it. ^^

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Man of Faith on May 02, 2016, 02:57:59 PM

Be well
Amenuel

most funny thing :rotfl:

its not unfortunate , thats what you say defeat,

the so called project is on the book of God by the the lips of muhammad, the main character between human and God to convery message, so this main characxter is noot investigated by project people, strange,

its same if am making sugar in my project the main ingredient sugarcane i will not research on it, hahahaha

mof if you think its fool written on our forehead than keep thinking, you are free to think whatever you like,

peace

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Comrox on May 02, 2016, 03:39:42 PM
What the Internet says about Muhammad is terrible. They use these verses to claim that Muhammad was looking for special protection and exemptions.

what internat say i dnt give a shit about it, what God is saying thats important and to be ponder. whatever they say its their desires from last 1400 years to beat the challange of allah let them try , internat is just a tool like, hadith, news, media, history, these sources depend on source maker, and i cant beleive any source maker claim on their own ideas, sorry your logic is not working here, and you know very well its media who makes somebody star and somebody villan,

Quote from: Comrox on May 02, 2016, 03:39:42 PM
I have not yet found a clear explanation for these verses that put to rest all my uneasy feelings about them. I've tried. I read it multiple times, I look it up, I try to understand. I come across an answer of sorts that I can agree with, but it doesn't help me fully. I continue to come back to these verses, still uneasy about them. That's why I made this thread. If these verses were fully logical, why doesn't there seem to be good explanation surrounding them, when many people are using these exact verses to attack the divinity of the Qur'an? What is being missed that is so clear to you?

advice , this time just this time read full topics of these verses from start to end i mean chapters , then see what Allah is saying and what is the purpose of these verses, as far i concern these are important verses should be there , so that we got some hint about the last prophet, but if you also beleive there is no such person exist, than you are contradicting quran and teachings of quran.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Comrox on May 01, 2016, 10:31:00 PM
33:37: "And you said to the one who was blessed by God, and blessed by you: 'Keep your wife and reverence God,' and you hid inside yourself what God wished to proclaim. And you were concerned with the people, while God was more deserving that you be concerned with. So when Zayd ended his relationship with his wife, We had you marry her, to establish that there is no wrongdoing for the believers in marrying the wives of their adopted sons if their relationship is ended. And the command of God is always done."

for making u understand i m just picking one verse from all of your verses, becoz its impossible for me to expalin all of them here, i need a lot of time anyway, look into this verse.

three main points,
1 you can free to marry with adopted son wife.
2 a person in the era of last prophet name zayd is mention
3 and when God gives you permission of something society dosent matter,

this verse is prevailing lot of veils , this part is for my brother moF who was zayd, if there was no prophet exist. and at the time when this verse come , everybody know who zayd is and who Allah adressing, if you need more deatils check history.

in short he was the slave boy of khadija(prophets first wife) and then our beloved prophet adopted him ,becoz prophet was always against slavery. and he married with prophets cousin zainab i think. after some time they seperated and God was aware that prophet want to get married with her but due to the traditions of not gettting married with adopted son he was afraid,so Allah said him in this clear verse . interesting zayd is the only person mention by name in quran, in the prophet life time.

more over the people who try to say muhammad never exist their claim hold no water when this event took place, if it was a ficticious charatcer early people must arise questions about this issue, of zayd hence from this single verse i proved two things
muhammad was not ficticious,
and he was the same muhammmad what we know per history of mekka,

if there are some errors in the history books of hadith its not mean every single thing is lie, i filter this through quran anyway, in my beleiving , muhammad is our last prophet. and final as well.

@ language, i think zayd also got some root meaning of arabic if not a case of accepting him due to language lol

they need to interprete this verse in very hard long way,lol