News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Do you have young children? Give them this test...

Started by Wakas, March 17, 2009, 07:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakas

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

jankren

WOW!

The black little girl is so funny. Ha ha ha!

"We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians."
- Nelson Mandela

"Hesitation leads to masturbation."
- Socrates

SarahY

Haha I could try it on my niece, I think she would resist it she's been trained enough not to take anything unless offered
We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

nsws1988

progressive1993

Quite interesting. Especially the end, when the reporter says that those who can resist sweets, etc. do better in school and do better in life (higher IQ as well? not sure) - another benefit of fasting found.
10:41 If they deny you, say: "My works are for me, and your works are for you. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do."

SarahY

I did the test to my niece though i was in the room with her. she held out but she kept asking is it time yet so i guess the results might not be 100% accurate
We all have blind spots.

nsws1988

Peace

Because the house was so noisy (mainly because of the adults) I told everyone to be silent for only one minute. We did this a few times but then the adults couldn't take it after a while. But my two little cousins (8 years old and 3 and a half) enjoyed it! We went to the other room and stayed silent for about an hour or so. Talk about self-control!

God bless

Wakas

I think if you were in the room with the child, that would affect it. I would assume one of the key points in this experiment is self-control, and when there is an element of disapproval from another, this will affect one's level of self-control. As we all know, when we feel people are not watching or 'out of sight out of mind' then people tend to have less self-control.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

SarahY

true true true. i'm trying to think of an environment to do it in because the room will be distractive oh well i cant find an accurate results but its funny to watch 
We all have blind spots.

nsws1988

Quote from: Wakas on June 10, 2009, 07:47:37 PM
I think if you were in the room with the child, that would affect it. I would assume one of the key points in this experiment is self-control, and when there is an element of disapproval from another, this will affect one's level of self-control. As we all know, when we feel people are not watching or 'out of sight out of mind' then people tend to have less self-control.

Yeah that is true