News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

No God Exists: Why Should I Be Good to humans?

Started by reel, September 29, 2015, 01:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Guided One

Quote from: reel on September 29, 2015, 01:25:39 AM
I would like to see a world without God. Don't be surprised. Its just a case study of whether we can control the animals we have within us without religions/deen.

Okay, for a second let's say God doesn't exist. Belief has gone down the drain and all religions are banned. There is nothing called afterlife. There is no reason to believe in anything called karma because just like God it cant be measured in some lab. We can do whatever we like as long as no law is broken! You know in that case, government can punish us. Keeping this in mind and the idea that I am an atheist (just pretending), tell me why should I be good to certain people who provide nothing useful to me?

the specif group of people not useful to me in economic sense:
not my teacher or employer
don't provide me any products
can't sell my own products to them
they don't live in my country

Lets start from here. Give me rational reasons and moral values for which I should be good to them. Please, do debunk anything you deem illogical here. I am trying to see if a peaceful world without belief in God is possible.

If there is no God then we would not be here, there would be no earth, there would be nothing, Allah created us to worship him and this life is a test.
Peace is Love. Hate is destruction, both created by Allah. Even a religious human can get crazy or mad and full of hate start destroying. And the baddest man in the world can stop destruction finding Love. Even if religion is banned, God is still present, but you can not take religion out of your hart. So this is not possible what you are asking, a world without God, it is just not possible.
The Words and Signs and Mercies of Allah are in all Creation, and can never be fully set out in human language, however extended our means may be imagined to be.

reel

Quote from: Recluse on May 09, 2016, 03:52:20 PM
Dogmatic atheism definitely can be just as irrational as dogmatic religions. I'm constantly being attacked and insulted personally by adherents of the cult of atheism and adherents of the three Abrahamic cults. What I clearly see is that people generally argue not based on reason or knowledge, but on their emotions and certain presuppositions and dogmas. For some people, the Bible and the Qur'an are absolutely above any criticism, they don't even want to consider the possibility of their hearsay "holy book" not being revealed by the Creator. And for many atheists, the very thought that there is intelligent design in the universe, in the DNA or in the cell amounts to "blasphemy".
I do not see any problem with what someone believes about God, but it is hurtful to me to see the belief to be a guiding force for the physical elimination (killing and snatching rights) of innocent groups.

However, although due to certain experiences and reflections, I have come to conclusion that Quran is from God I do welcome wise criticism of it. It works like check and balance while forcing us to see if the interpretations are correct or not.

Quote from: The Guided One on May 10, 2016, 02:44:47 PM
If there is no God then we would not be here, there would be no earth, there would be nothing, Allah created us to worship him and this life is a test.
Peace is Love. Hate is destruction, both created by Allah. Even a religious human can get crazy or mad and full of hate start destroying. And the baddest man in the world can stop destruction finding Love. Even if religion is banned, God is still present, but you can not take religion out of your hart. So this is not possible what you are asking, a world without God, it is just not possible.
Jafar had the same opinion. Seeing the ideologies of atheism I do agree with both of you.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Man of Faith

QuoteHowever, although due to certain experiences and reflections, I have come to conclusion that Quran is from God I do welcome wise criticism of it. It works like check and balance while forcing us to see if the interpretations are correct or not.

That is wise.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Recluse

All of us have personal experiences. The problem (for me) is, even if the Qur'an is from God (none of us can know with absolute certainty), the Qur'an contains obvious inconsistencies, mistakes and mythology. Why would God say things that are untrue or make no sense at all? I will create a new and interesting thread about what I find a shockingly absurd verse in the Qur'an :hypno:

Man of Faith

Recluse,

Quotenone of us can know with absolute certainty

Not that I intend to brag, but it is possible to know.

Quotethe Qur'an contains obvious inconsistencies, mistakes and mythology

Yes, that is obvious when one fabricates an interpretation and puts it on top of some (innocent) writing, in order to make it as according to themselves.

QuoteThe problem (for me) is, even if the Qur'an is from God

Quran is, but not the accompanying available mainstream interpretation of it. This causes it to contain logical inconsistencies, factual errors and pure mythology such as paranormal Jinn MADE of fire (nothing can be made of fire even if it would be "smokeless") or God having a throne, and myriad other things that would be obvious with simple logic.

QuoteI will create a new and interesting thread about a shockingly absurd verse in the Qur'an :hypno: If this doesn't blow people's minds away, then probably nothing will.

You need to bring some alternative, that will have a stronger effect on people. The contrast brings potency when someone has something sound to offer in return of breaking their glass house by too much noise. You do not seek to make people faithless, do you? It is important to have faith in something, to live for something.

Be well
Amenuel
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Recluse

Quote from: Man of Faith on May 12, 2016, 08:51:42 AM
Recluse,

Not that I intend to brag, but it is possible to know.
Maybe because you are a prophet yourself? ;)

Quote from: Man of Faith on May 12, 2016, 08:51:42 AM
You need to bring some alternative, that will have a stronger effect on people. The contrast brings potency when someone has something sound to offer in return of breaking their glass house by too much noise. You do not seek to make people faithless, do you? It is important to have faith in something, to live for something.

I have faith in God. Why would I want to make people turn away from the Qur'an, isn't truth the most important thing in life? To me it is, but if I see some falsehood in the Qur'an, I will say it without reservation. God gave me a brain after all. I must really hurry now.

Peace

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Recluse on May 12, 2016, 08:34:43 AM
I will create a new and interesting thread about what I find a shockingly absurd verse in the Qur'an :hypno:

i will be waiting for that thread, and that verse

peace

Noah Stout

Quote from: huruf on September 29, 2015, 03:36:15 AM
Sorry, reel, it is not what you have asked, but I am going to answer:

There cannot be such a world. People who are atheists, who do not bleieve in an after life, can be very, very, moral, why? Because God made us that way and because even without those "beliefs" people are decent and acknowledge that there are criteria, values who transcend them. I know people like that. They may not know that they believe in God because they are nto interested in that concept, but they do believe in justice, in kindness, etc. You cannot ban goodness from humanity just as you cannot ban evil from humanity.

Decent people love their mothers even when their mothers are no more useful but a charge, they do. And even when they don't they do not feel that they can treat her like garbage no matter what they do believe in or think they believe in. In fact I have seen such unbelievers cry real tears when remembering their very beloved grandmother.

So that world you attempt to explore I think does not exist nor will exist, although with proper induction we may get something very close.

I congratulate you on the question, however, because it is very interesting and worthwhile studying.

Salaam

Smart people have morals but lots of dumb traditional religious people haven't. These people might do some bad stuff if being atheist

reel

Update: I mentioned last time about gruesome crimes by atheists. I am leaving a link here just in case anyone wants to know what I was talking about.
Warning: This is very disturbing. Almost similar to 120 days of Sodom. So be careful.
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~cama20z/classweb/worldpolitics/thepitestiphenomenon/experience.html
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Adam The Warner

Quote from: reel on September 29, 2015, 01:25:39 AM
I would like to see a world without God. Don't be surprised. Its just a case study of whether we can control the animals we have within us without religions/deen.

Okay, for a second let's say God doesn't exist. Belief has gone down the drain and all religions are banned. There is nothing called afterlife. There is no reason to believe in anything called karma because just like God it cant be measured in some lab. We can do whatever we like as long as no law is broken! You know in that case, government can punish us. Keeping this in mind and the idea that I am an atheist (just pretending), tell me why should I be good to certain people who provide nothing useful to me?

the specif group of people not useful to me in economic sense:
not my teacher or employer
don't provide me any products
can't sell my own products to them
they don't live in my country

Lets start from here. Give me rational reasons and moral values for which I should be good to them. Please, do debunk anything you deem illogical here. I am trying to see if a peaceful world without belief in God is possible.

"A world without God"?

There is no deity except that of God.
May He the Hearer grant us victory in the worldy life, and Hes abundance of Light on the Day of Judgement, and may He the King of kings grant us the eternal Paradise. Peace.