News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Imam Mahdi?

Started by pacification, February 16, 2009, 08:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacification

Thanks, I've read them. That cleared it up!  :)

liquiddharma

It sounds like, from 4:159, the 'People of the Book' are only Christians.

raginggaijin

Peace be unto you, brothers and sisters,

Jesus, Mary, and Muhammad (pbut) are all dead and rest in sheol. It says so in the Quran. Surah 5:75,117, 16:20-21

The Mahdi comes from hadith, with the only reference in the Quran found in Surah 75:9 according to hadith. Yet by reading Scripture and the prophecies, when 'man knows not the hour', is also a reference to the phase of the moon where the Hebrew nation would watch for a 48 hour period for the start of the new lunar month. (See 'Believe or believe not' for the video outlining Daniel's Timeline of the End of Days in the Christian/Judaism/other section.) At that time there is a solar eclipse predicted as well in 2016.

I am in the party that thinks the Mahdi will be a servent of the deceiver, who will assist in destroying MYSTERY, GREAT WHORE BABYLON according to Scripture; servants of satan will turn on the WHORE and destroy her. Already we can see Arab newscasts and Imams preaching the fall of Constinople and Rome by their extremist hand.

Hope this helps in your studies.

Peace and blessings.
Explanation is not proof.
[url="https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thereading"]https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thereading[/url]

I do not endorse the teachings of [url="//free-minds.org"]Free-Minds.org[/url].

progressive1993

The "Mahdi" is a man-made concept. In all of the hadiths talking about that, Prophet Muhammad is reported to have talked about the future coming of Imams and the Mahdi. This is totally false, since Prophet Muhammad DID NOT KNOW the future. There is also no mentioning of the "Mahdi" in the Quran, so basically, it is not paart of Islam.

10:41 If they deny you, say: "My works are for me, and your works are for you. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do."

M_Mehdi

Quote from: raginggaijin on February 23, 2009, 01:38:46 AM
I am in the party that thinks the Mahdi will be a servent of the deceiver, who will assist in destroying MYSTERY, GREAT WHORE BABYLON according to Scripture; servants of satan will turn on the WHORE and destroy her. Already we can see Arab newscasts and Imams preaching the fall of Constinople and Rome by their extremist hand.

okay....   ::)

hey... from what I see.. it appears that the concept of the Mehdi (look at the name definition) is usually misunderstood as we see in this thread.... extremist thoughts usually lack understanding...  like ones of so called "quranists" who act like reality exists if it is only contained in the Quran... Quran is not an end all... it even says in the Quran itself that even if all the oceans where ink it still would not exhaust the word of God...

"Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid."" - Surah 18:109

but hey... what can you do about those who wish to form their own lil especial clubs.. lol!

good luck with all that.. :)

M_Mehdi

Quote from: progressive1993 on April 21, 2009, 04:10:33 PM
The "Mahdi" is a man-made concept.

Funny.. so is being a Quranist.. sunni.. muslim... jew.. christian.... janitor... doctor..
well.. you get the point...
maybe. probably.. not... ?
:nope:

progressive1993

Quote from: M_Mehdi on April 23, 2009, 10:42:14 AM
Funny.. so is being a Quranist.. sunni.. muslim... jew.. christian.... janitor... doctor..

? do you not get my point? I am saying that the Mahdi is an invention that sunnis and Shias get from the hadiths - not the Quran
10:41 If they deny you, say: "My works are for me, and your works are for you. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do."

nsws1988

Quote from: M_Mehdi on April 23, 2009, 10:42:14 AM

Don't worry M_Mehdi, Progressive wasn't talking about you when he said that Mahdi is a man-made concept.
We all know you're real  ;)

liquiddharma

Quote from: progressive1993 on April 28, 2009, 05:21:00 PM
? do you not get my point? I am saying that the Mahdi is an invention that sunnis and Shias get from the hadiths - not the Quran

I think our resident Mehdi is is protesting that this doesn't matter, as Quran-only Islam is also man made, and just because something is man made doesn't mean it isn't true. Btw, his name *might* suggest he's a Shi'ite.

Meteora

...isn't "mahdi" the arabic word for pre-ejaculate? :laugh:
Quote from: Anonymous (Free Minds)Ignorance is of course the most prized possession of any cult.
Quote from: Anonymous (Submission)Quran alone is too much for those who had too many years of corrupted Islam.
Quote from: Edip Yuksel on December 23, 2007, 04:20:01 PM