News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

My Reasons to be Christian Forum and Website for Debate and Discussion.

Started by XavierSlaveofGod, August 27, 2023, 09:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XavierSlaveofGod

Dear Friends, recently I started a website blog and forum for Religious Debate and Discussion. Those interested in studying Christianity and Islam or debating and discussing whether Jesus Christ is the Prophet of God or the Son of God can sign up. Multiple Articles on these and other issues. I aim for it to be a generic site including debate between (1) Atheists and Theists (2) Monotheists and Polytheists (3) Between Jews, Christians and Muslims, on whether the Messiah or Christ was supposed to be Divine or a Man.

https://reasonstobechristian.com/blog
https://reasonstobechristianforum.createaforum.com/index.php

God Bless.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).

Fusion

I hope this message finds you well. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your new website blog and forum here. I appreciate your invitation and the effort you've put into creating a platform for religious debate and discussion.

While I understand the value of engaging in open conversations on these important topics, I must respectfully decline the invitation to join that forum which is actually named on the christian pretext unlike free-minds.org.  As you know, my personal beliefs align closely with the teachings of Islam, which differ from some of the central themes being discussed on the platform, such as the nature of Jesus Christ. I believe it's important to honor my faith and engage in discussions that are in harmony with my beliefs.

I truly hope your forum becomes a space where diverse perspectives are respectfully shared and understood. I wish you all the best in your endeavors and hope that your discussions lead to greater understanding and empathy among participants.

Thank you once again for considering me for this opportunity.

Chapter:19:Maryam
Verses:
87. (On that Day) No one will have (the benefit of) intercession by anyone else; except only those who have conformed with the Laws of Ar-Rahman
88.       Amongst them are also the people who say that Ar-Rahman has a son (Jesus, son of Mary) who will atone for their sins?
89.       (Tell them that) Undeniably, by this assertion, you have concocted something very serious.
90.       (This is such a terrible thing that)  It will split apart the skies, tear asunder the earth and mountains will crumble in utter ruin (42:5).
91.       (Just think about what they are actually saying.) They also say that Ar-Rahman has a son.
92.       That He should take a son for Himself is certainly not worthy of the Almighty.
93.       (He does not need a son to help him.  His sovereignty is such that) There is nothing in the universe that does not bow before Ar-Rahman in complete obedience.
94.       His sovereignty is all-encompassing.  His Law of Mukafat has taken into account every one of them. (Nothing escapes His authority.)
95.       (As has been narrated above in verse 19:80) On the Day of Judgment, everyone will appear before Him alone.  (Individuality of self necessitates that no one will be able to seek any intercession by anyone else; everyone will be responsible for his own actions ~ 6:95.)
Best Regards,

XavierSlaveofGod

Brother Fusion, thank you for the kind response. I want to note that the Structure of the Forum is such that Muslims are already on Level 2 by default just by being Muslims. What do I mean by that? Level 0 are Atheists. Level 1 are Theists who believe in God but wrongly think there are "many gods". Everyone who believes in One Almighty God goes to Level 2, and they can help, with Kalam Cosmological Arguments, Fine Tuning Arguments etc those on the lower levels gradually come to see the Truth there is One God. Now, after you've come to Level 2, we study the Prophets, and we see they declared (this includes King David and King Solomon), that God would become Flesh one day in Jesus Christ.

Now, as to what you posted, you should know, the entire Bible, and the New Testament especially, testifies plainly and repeatedly that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Here are some examples:

1. "16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. (Mat 16:16-17)

2. "The beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God." (Mark 1:1)

3. "15The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.

16They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." 17This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea and the surrounding country."
(Luk 7:15-17)

4. "28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God! 29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:28-29)

5. "13This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16And so we know and rely on the love God has for us." (1 John 4:13-16)

Response to your Objection: Jesus Christ is the Eternal and Spiritual Son of God. The mistake the author of the Quran makes is that he thinks Christians are speaking of son born through begetting; no, we are speaking of a Spiritual Son born through Eternal Generation in the Mind of God. Jesus Christ is the Word of God (Jn 1:1-3), by Whom all things were made. The Holy Trinity is already clear in Genesis, where God says, not let me, but "Let Us make Man in Our Image" (Gen 1:26), and in Daniel 3, many years before Christ was born, the Divine and Pre-Existent Son of God saves Daniel's 3 Friends from the Fire, which foreshadows the Gospel, by showing us only Jesus Christ, the Divine, Pre-Existent Son of God can save from Hell-Fire. Here is the Passage: "He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." (Dan 3:25), This sufficiently shows the Son of God is an Eternal and Spiritual Son, not what the author of the Quran claims about Christian beliefs. The Son of God was Divine and Pre-Existent before Mother Mary. To this the Prophets of God testified. God Bless.

Another focus of the site is Peaceful Relations between Christians and Muslims and ending all Religious Persecution. There are nearly 3 BN Christians and some 2 BN Muslims in the world. If we all live in Peace and love one another, it will be beautiful. That's how we should live as we seek for the Truth. The Bible exhorts Christians, as far as possible, to be peace-makers and strive to live in peace with all, loving our neighbor as Christ loved us. God Bless.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).

Wakas

The evidence you brought for Jesus being the son of God did not disclose that others have also been called  the "son of God" in The Bible. I'm sure you know this already.

Poor preservation.
Many errors/contradictions
Inconsistent/illogical theology
barbaric practices in the name of God

e.g.
https://mypercept.co.uk/articles/errors_mistakes_bible.htm
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]