News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Were did everyone go away?

Started by Maha, July 30, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maha

Free-minds used to have a lot of activity in the past, but now the forum is almost dead :&

Where did all the users vanish? Admin, you should recruit new members so we can get some activity  :)
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

The Sardar

Quote from: Maha on July 30, 2017, 02:00:33 PM
Free-minds used to have a lot of activity in the past, but now the forum is almost dead :&

Where did all the users vanish? Admin, you should recruit new members so we can get some activity  :)
Im here very often but i dont make comments much i just watch thats all.

imrankhawaja

its called the high and low of a natural system same like boom and peak and recession in business..

bold forum is not a human its alive becoz the posts are still coming posts works like a breath

hahaha this is forum not a military base where they will recruit new members

Amra94

Didnt know this was lit at one point

good logic

It is summer.some are taking holidays?!!!!

Or may be it is like fashion,When a new fashion becomes available the old one is disregarded by some?

Or may be some signed under few user names when it was a single user?( You know some people are very good in pretending to debate themselves!!)

Or may be all religions are getting out of fashion and talking about them is becoming redundant?

Or may be....There could be many other reasons.

But do not despair,new takers will be lining up to join when we least expect it?

All I know is that sister huruf ,myself.... and many other dear members are still here,this is like our home.

Sister Maha,GOD bless you and keep you here with us for a long time at least.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

A Submitter

Many new members join, though mostly for advice.

I think the reason there are less people is because real Islam is becoming more established and more people have their own "bases". Two-three decades ago, I think the only website was Rashad Khalifa's in the 90s, and in 2002, I think, FM started. So more people are aware, and they make their own media sources, such as websites, blogs, Youtube channels; Free-Minds isn't the only internet source any longer. And more people are seeking information on their own (make their own translations, their own interpretations).

It doesn't mean FM will remain in "lows" permanently. If FM wants to reach "highs", it should begin using other tools of the internet, and have more debates with rejecters, polytheists, sectarians and so on.

Also, the younger generations don't like to read stuff, they like to hear and watch things instead, such as someone making videos explaining the many interesting articles on Free-Minds.

Lastly, many people come to connect with believers on Free-Minds. When meeting with believers in "real life", they might be less likely to connect with believers on WWW, except for occasionally.
A question; if you knew a group of believers and you could meet up anytime anyday and talk and study and do other things, wouldn't you also decrease the time you spent connecting with believers on the net?

Rekkd

I started to open my eyes and see the inconsistencies and contradictions similar to the way I saw Sunni Islam.

I've read so many threads and opinions and found nothing but circular reasoning to justify anything here.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Rekkd on July 30, 2017, 11:26:33 PM

I've read so many threads and opinions and found nothing but circular reasoning to justify anything here.

threads and opinions belong to human beings hence no need to treat them as perfect and immaculate..

truth is truth

God created all things / contradiction in opinions so that people do their own home work..

but either the home work belong to school or job ,God or religion, we appeared very lazy doing it..
our wish is always , like this...

sister do my homwork
father do my homework
brother do my homework
scholar do my homework
wiseone scholar do my homework
priest do my homework ..

what is the use of that homework when you learn nothing .. so God make it in such a way(3:7) that everybody make sure he have to do his own homework without relying on others(17:36)..

he gave you everything what you need for your homework.. now if you see different homeworks from different students whats so astonishing in it...?

even in billions of people u cant see similar handwriting in homework...

thats the work of God the supreme intelligent being who left his design in your hands i.e ur fingertips are different from eachothers even the twins have different finger prints.  :yes

this forum is a learning place treat it like learning place.. otherwise in sunni islam you dnt even have a choice of asking questions or make different opinions from complex things.. just try it once when you say them there are only two time salat and one central al salat is there in quran , you wil get a label rejector without any critical thinking..

different opinions make learning better than single opinion

Rekkd

Imran you keep stating the same things over and over again. You take the Quran as something that cannot be wrong as its God's words but you forgot that Arabic is a man made language, the interpretations you know are man made.

You quote verses from the Quran that are extracted and explained/interpreted/introduced/taught by humans.

When you see inconsistencies and contradictions you should not be stubborn just because you believe it's God's words. Humans throughout history have deceived each other especially in this matter!

The truth lies beyong the Quran only. I believe Man of Faith is right about the interpretations of every book from the Abrahamic religions as being misinterpreted.

God does not contradict himself yet the Quran contradicts itself. How is that so?

I'm tired of so much misinformation about our reason for being here and being stubborn about it will not lead to an answer. I refuse to be we were created to for the sole purpose of worshipping/serving/submitting to God for his own amusement. Our purpose must be greater, God created us for a REAL reason, to benefit in some way or another and that is the only logical conclusion. However I do not know what he gains or how do we benefit him yet.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Rekkd on July 31, 2017, 01:03:58 AM
Imran you keep stating the same things over and over again. You take the Quran as something that cannot be wrong as its God's words but you forgot that Arabic is a man made language, the interpretations you know are man made.

BOLD correct it message of God from the lips of messenger under the observation of super computer (gabi)

about language yes its man made becoz its only man who use language as communication so whats the point telling me that info?

do you wanted that quran in alien language or the language mode of angels? what you possibly not understand

You quote verses from the Quran that are extracted and explained/interpreted/introduced/taught by humans.

wrong ... becoz الرحمن He is the One Who has made known and taught the Qur?an. ch 55 v 1-2
he also taught us how to distinguish

When you see inconsistencies and contradictions you should not be stubborn just because you believe it's God's words. Humans throughout history have deceived each other especially in this matter!

i tried it hard to find any contradiction in quran but i only find one here..
4:82 Do they not reflect on the Quran? If it were from any other than God they would have found many contradictions in it  only this red .. even as literal lol :hmm

BOLD humans are expert in doing this , but alhamdulliah i dnt trust on them , this verification done by myself and my nature is to accept the truth of matter , and i find this book cannnot be possibly generated by any human being.. so nobody can cheat or lie within ownself..

The truth lies beyong the Quran only. I believe Man of Faith is right about the interpretations of every book from the Abrahamic religions as being misinterpreted.

exactly now you understand MOF is built in with super human mind , more than angelic forces and he also have authority from God that his claim is faultless  :yeah: in that case we have to accept him as prophet of modern age who repeat the history in this age and he bring a message from God.. becoz rest of the messages are corrupted , honestly if all the previous messages are corrupted then the prophet is due by laws of God...

God does not contradict himself yet the Quran contradicts itself. How is that so?

share evidence?

I'm tired of so much misinformation about our reason for being here and being stubborn about it will not lead to an answer. I refuse to be we were created to for the sole purpose of worshipping/serving/submitting to God for his own amusement. Our purpose must be greater, God created us for a REAL reason, to benefit in some way or another and that is the only logical conclusion. However I do not know what he gains or how do we benefit him yet.

BOLD you will never know that ..(with provided equipments during stay in planet earth)

a primary math student will never able to understand the thesis of phd math.. how hard he try..

the angels also never knew the purpose untill God make them satisfied

you will never know what you cant know isnt it?

i remember once a student was fighting with teacher , he actually wanted to know something but teacher was kept quiet
in the end he start shouting at teacher ... teacher remain quiet

i asked what he is asking and why are you not telling him dnt take piss with him.. then teacher told me , i m just saving my time becoz even if i try to tell him what he is asking  he will never understand so let the time come , he will understand this without my help..
same like car start from first gear not from fourth

good logic

Peace Rekkd.

I can feel your frustration with religions. I can also feel  your frustration with Qoran.
The bottom line is ,you are disappointed with these folks who cannot provide your answer. Fair enough,move on and go where your instinct take you.
I am not implying from here ,this forum,I am implying from where your understanding is.
Of course you are welcome here as a brother.
Also,when you say ,quote:

One can only take what is best or nothing ,it is a choice. Expecting anything in life can lead to disappointment.
For me, if I go seeking the truth,I am only expecting to be challenged to check everything and do a lot of research and keep going at it.Blaming anything else is futile,one still needs to find his/her truth.
Best of luck to you in your endeavour.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

hanslan

Our purpose must be greater, God created us for a REAL reason, to benefit in some way or another and that is the only logical conclusion. However I do not know what he gains or how do we benefit him yet.

He created us to develop ourselves with attributes to be like him (but not him), and in the end he gains a friend who is like him, a perfect friend but one who remains an individual apart from him; God creating gods but because his creation is still not him, his uniqueness remains unchallenged.  Essentially nothing benefits God except fulfilling what his attributes warrants.  Creation is fulfilling god's attributes.

Its the answer to the question whether god can create god, and yes he has created gods but creation cannot be the same with creator, if the two merges, creation gets destroyed into creator.

Layth

Salam Maha,

The forum and the website are merely platforms for study and debate and improved understanding. My experience has been that many people, once they have the understanding they need, move on to implementation in the real world.

Also, the forum does have ups and downs depending on the people and the passion involved.

Finally, I agree with "A Submitter", the younger generation are possibly more into short messages and videos rather than reading.

Happy to help with this as a project if we can get a volunteer... 
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Wakas

I would also add that people tend to use facebook a lot more and there are many Quran based islam groups on there with thousands of members etc.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Neptin

Salaam.

The posts are still disappearing. Please moderators and Forum Admin, something drastic has to be done.

OP and brethren, this forum is long past its heydays and the reason for this being the after so many years it has lost it novelty. There seem to be no new topic to debate and inquire on nowadays. Almost every aspect has been covered. Unless someone shed new light on the existing topics, threads would not run beyond a couple of posts.

Another important fact that must not be overlooked is the departure of intelligent members like Edip Yuksel, Farouk Peru, Ayman and other popular, respected Qur'an alone voices whose presence attracted more Muslims to the forum. At the height of the forum, these brothers were regular posters but today they've vanished with none filling the vacuum left behind.

Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
[url=http://flamesoftruth.wordpress.com]Flames Of Truth[/url]

Abdun Nur

Peace,
I can only say why I very rarely post or read posts on this site. The general attitude of the participants of the forum is not to think or evolve, but to seek verification of invested dogmas, generally reasoning is rarely expressed or presented, instead, the uninvestigated and authority based mindset dominates, this leads those who have taken the time to actually investigate to become despondent, contemptuous and uninterested in further casting pearls before what prove themselves by their replies to be swine.

Man of Faith

QuoteThe posts are still disappearing. Please moderators and Forum Admin, something drastic has to be done

Karma.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Comrox

Quote from: Abdun Nur on August 06, 2017, 10:03:42 AM
Peace,
I can only say why I very rarely post or read posts on this site. The general attitude of the participants of the forum is not to think or evolve, but to seek verification of invested dogmas, generally reasoning is rarely expressed or presented, instead, the uninvestigated and authority based mindset dominates, this leads those who have taken the time to actually investigate to become despondent, contemptuous and uninterested in further casting pearls before what prove themselves by their replies to be swine.

I'm heard something similar before, unfortunately.
10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

good logic

In general,one staying away or rarely posting is  a worse situation towards changing  the attitudes of participants.
Is n it better  to increase your posts of "changing attitude materials" to eradicate dogmas?

I just think sometimes we do the wrong thing thinking it is the right thing?

Not that it matters,but a lot of things we do and say do not make sense..
GOD bless.
Peace.

TheNabi

Peace

I can't say why I've been basically inactive. Yet I will say anyways that it's probably mental problems.  :confused:

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

almarh0m

Peace

I couldn't agree more, most people here even the veterans looked like running on treadmill they clocked up a lot of mileage, but they got nowhere. Perhaps, time to restart progressive muslims site?

Peace

alamrh0m

ps. I am referring to Brother Abdun Nur's post above.
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

almarh0m

Quote from: Abdun Nur on August 06, 2017, 10:03:42 AM
Peace,
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

Rilum

Salaam,
there are still some users active here.

Peace/Salam all.

Novice

Quote from: Rilum on August 28, 2018, 09:08:26 AM
Salaam,
there are still some users active here.

Peace/Salam all.

Salaam,
Well said brother. God bless you.

si di

at the Bottom it Counts over 10thousand members but it seemed to me that only 10 are "writing"

and you will hardly see more than 100 user online

huruf

I think the golden age of forums is over. Now the facebook, twitter and others have taken over and that is a real pity because the kind of exchange that can take place in those new places is no match to the kind of exchange that can be had in forum. On the other hand, those newer settings are more appropriate to rally people who more or less agree and do not so much allow a sustained exchange.

In some respects well maganed forums are like a free school. I have learnt too much in froums not to be grateful for it. A pity but there it is.

Salaam

The Sardar

Quote from: huruf on December 25, 2018, 02:17:45 PM
I think the golden age of forums is over. Now the facebook, twitter and others have taken over and that is a real pity because the kind of exchange that can take place in those new places is no match to the kind of exchange that can be had in forum. On the other hand, those newer settings are more appropriate to rally people who more or less agree and do not so much allow a sustained exchange.

In some respects well maganed forums are like a free school. I have learnt too much in froums not to be grateful for it. A pity but there it is.

Salaam
I think 2008-2014 was Free-Minds.org was in it's prime. But right now i see a lot activity here.

si di

Maybe you are Right that People are more social Networking instead using Forums,but i know about Forums who survived this trend by having added more Options and like a Chat or sounds by receaving Messages and and

this Forum is still in 90?s style and thats why People dont join or leave

kaltun

Quote from: huruf on December 25, 2018, 02:17:45 PM

Salaam

SLM Huruf,

I think that almost everything allready asked (about religions)  , and if you (new members) search this forum , you will come across some ( most ) of your question.

i have many ( getting lesser and lesser  :sun: ) questions but i dont want ask the same question again and again.... here are alot different threads  from salat to zakat , from atheist to theist .....

i really hope this site will online for a while , i am daily searching for anwers and learnings things .....

dont get me wrong , not everything whats being said (here on this forum) is the truth ... but it can help you to find the truth with help of Allah ....

i am blessed to  know this site ( among with other sites).

QuoteMaybe you are Right that People are more social Networking instead using Forums,but i know about Forums who survived this trend by having added more Options and like a Chat or sounds by receaving Messages and and

this Forum is still in 90?s style and thats why People dont join or leave

not agree with this .... if your a real truthsearcher ( in general) you wont/dont check the design of the site , but you are going to check the information on his riablity.. no need for fancy things .... not relevant...  check the Quran not one picture or drawings in it ;) ....

May Allah Guide Us To The Straight Path...
May Allah guide us to the straight path

imrankhawaja

there is a start & end  of everything what we can observe.
activities on things depend on seasons. time impact not only on seasons but on everything.high and lows of everything exist in this TIME space.

si di

Quotenot agree with this .... if your a real truthsearcher ( in general) you wont/dont check the design of the site , but you are going to check the information on his riablity.. no need for fancy things .... not relevant...  check the Quran not one picture or drawings in it  ....

May Allah Guide Us To The Straight Path..

For instance one could make online quran here which have footnotes linked to forumposts About the word in the ayat.You know what i mean like a link for example you read an aya "bismi" "Allah"...and there is a link to the word bismi and Allah.

Or when a subject is over and over discussed it should be qualified to get in a wikilexicon.