About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Bakka is here

Started by tlihawa, February 24, 2012, 02:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jafar

Quote from: tlihawa on February 24, 2012, 02:35:57 PM
And that rites is:

22:34   And for every people (ummah) We have established rites that they may mention the name of God over what He has provided for them of the animal livestock. Your god is One god; submit to Him and give good tidings to those who obey.
Once again, the rites is for every people (ummah), means everyone which likely coming from many different beliefs.

Please see 22:67 which contains similar theme...
22:37 and 22:67 both shows there are MANY varieties of 'mansak' (tasks / things to do / doing) for MANY people (Ummatin). Don't argue with them regarding the 'mansak' but invite them to your Rabb..

The japanese do their thanksgiving ceremony in a place near mount Fuji, the Indians in Ganges river, the native americans in Niagara falls, etc.. etc.. etc...

So the verse will be:

3:96 Indeed, something that originated from monotheism (baytin) is a proper place for people who in the difference with another (in beliefs), which is blessed, and guidance for whole worlds.

This translation makes sense to me because it's in line with the purpose of hajj. But since I'm not good enough in Arabic, especially in grammar, any comments and input, really appreciated.

The purpose of 'hajj' (festival) should be a 'thanksgiving ceremony'. And 'thanksgiving ceremony' existed in nearly all cultures around the world, the meeting place and ceremony might be different, but the objective is the same.

Having said that, don't put too much emphasize / weight on 'monotheism'. Monotheism alone is not enough..
Even the devil is a monotheist... Yet that is not enough to be considered as 'good'...

Salam / Peace

siwto

ASS Al,

Quote from tlihawa:

" lalladhī = those who"

The pronoun "lalladhi" cannot stands for those who, but rather for "bayt".

Allah SW knows better.

Peace

NOMAD

Salaam

This is the some of the most Counscious answers, Lets keep folklore out of AQ  :bravo:
(2:26) Allah is not shy to strike a parable whatsoever a gnat or larger. Those who believe know that it is the truth from their Lord. As for those who disbelieve they ask: 'What could Allah mean by this parable? By it, Allah misleads many and guides many. ' But He misleads none except the evildoers

Kaiokenred

Quote from: NOMAD on February 29, 2012, 11:51:43 AM
Salaam

This is the some of the most Counscious answers, Lets keep folklore out of AQ  :bravo:

Yep, rites and translations affected heavily by hadiths and religionists are the most Conscious answers.

Maybe you should read those links I posted
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

dawngorgeous

Peace Tlihawa,

This is extremely interesting and makes sense.  Thanks for going to all the trouble to do the translating etc., especially for those of us who have only the smallest amount of Arabic - or, indeed, none at all.

I am still left wondering though, what is Hajj?  Where are people going?  What is the challenge?

Dawn.

Kaiokenred

Quote from: dawngorgeous on March 01, 2012, 10:53:06 AM
Peace Tlihawa,

This is extremely interesting and makes sense.  Thanks for going to all the trouble to do the translating etc., especially for those of us who have only the smallest amount of Arabic - or, indeed, none at all.

I am still left wondering though, what is Hajj?  Where are people going?  What is the challenge?

Dawn.

Just read the links I posted. THAT makes sense, not rites.
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

tlihawa

Salam
Quote from: Jafar on February 29, 2012, 01:23:35 AM

The japanese do their thanksgiving ceremony in a place near mount Fuji, the Indians in Ganges river, the native americans in Niagara falls, etc.. etc.. etc...

The purpose of 'hajj' (festival) should be a 'thanksgiving ceremony'. And 'thanksgiving ceremony' existed in nearly all cultures around the world, the meeting place and ceremony might be different, but the objective is the same.

Jafar, thanks for your info.

Quote from: siwto on February 29, 2012, 04:05:42 AM

The pronoun "lalladhi" cannot stands for those who, but rather for "bayt".

Allah SW knows better.

Siwto, I don't get the point. could you please re-translate the verse with your understanding? So I can see the big picture? Thanks

Quote from: Kaiokenred on February 29, 2012, 06:38:29 AM
What about: http://mentalbondageinthenameofgod.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/bayta-is-a-system-not-a-house/
http://mentalbondageinthenameofgod.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/bayta-according-to-the-reading/
http://mentalbondageinthenameofgod.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/bayti-ya-in-the-reading/
http://mentalbondageinthenameofgod.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/haram-is-not-%E2%80%98sacred%E2%80%99/

What do you think about these?

I have read the book. Very inspiring. Thanks for the link.

Quote from: dawngorgeous on March 01, 2012, 10:53:06 AM

Dawn.

Peace Dawn,
As far as I know, Hajj is calling the people to monotheism (represent by Bayt or Buyut). And how we can do it? By inviting them to have a kind of celebration together, in a specific place (locally) and specific time.

22:27  And announce to the people in Hajj, they will come to you on foot upon every gift that is not hope for the return <dāmirin> . They will come to you from far and widely separated area.
22:28 So that they may witness benefits for themselves, and mention the name of God in the appointed days over what He has provided for them of the animal livestock. So eat from it and feed the needy and the poor.

that's all I can say right now, I must admit that it's not my final conclusion. I need to find another verse, to link as much as possible the explanations (bayyinatin) of the guidance (hudan) about Hajj. And please let me know if you found something. Thanks.

tlihawa

Salam,
about 2:196. Here is the reason why we should avoid sex during devoting.

First, devoting here means to :

2:187  ... and seek what God has written for you..

What was God has written to us?

2:185 Scorching/heat month, in which the Qur'an was revealed; as a guide <hudan> to the people and clarities from the guidance <bayyinati> and the Criterion.

Yep, it's Al Quran.

When we should perform devoting?

at night:

73:20 Your Lord knows that you rise a little less than two thirds of the night, and half of it, and one third of it;

especially on :

2:185 Scorching/heat month, in which the Qur'an was revealed;

and

2:187   ....and do not approach them (women) while you are devoted <ʿākifūna> in the masajiid.

Why?

2:196 ...If you are abstain from sexual intercourse <uh'sir'tum>, then it will be easier for the guidance <hadyi> ; and do not disturb your heads until you reach the guidance (to be focus).

and here is another explanation:

5:6 O you who believe, if you rise to hold the salat, then wash your faces and your hands up to the elbows, and wipe your heads and your feet to the ankles; and if you have had intercourse, then you shall bathe <fa-iṭṭahharū>. And if you are ill, or traveling, or you have excreted feces, or you have had sexual contact with the women, and you cannot not find water, then you shall select from the clean soil; you shall wipe your faces and your hands with it. God does not want to place any hardship on you, but He wants to cleanse you <liyuṭahhirakum> and to complete His blessings upon you that you may be thankful.

it just because:

56:77 It is an honorable Quran.
56:78 In a protected Book.
56:79 None can grasp it except those purified <muṭaharūna>.

Both 5:6 and 56:79 using the same word 'tahara' means purified.

Can you see the relationship between those verses above?

So with all this connection, I think 2:196 clearly talked about avoiding sexual intercourse to make it easier for the guidance (hudan) and its explanations (bayyinati).

Peace..

siwto

ass al tlihawa;

In your traduction of 3.96 upward, you pproposed "those who = lalladhi".
I then introduced my opinion stating that the word lalladhi does not stand for "those who", rather for "bayt". The word itself is pronoun that may mean "is the one that". Thus the verse comes: Indeed the first house meant for people is the one that at Bakkat...
In your case where lalladhi=those the entire   meaning of the verse is lost.

Allah S W knows better.

siwto