News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Hatred is the razor, that shaves away the deen!

Started by shaikhrafique, October 30, 2022, 06:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlihawa

Salaam Wakas,
Quote from: Wakas on October 31, 2022, 03:15:26 AM
Misconception: Must be "Muslim" or you will go to Hell
https://misconceptions-about-islam.com/misconception.php?id=3

Background: Some think that a person must be a Muslim to enter paradise/heaven, and if not, they will go to Hell once they die.

The Quran repeatedly states the criteria for success as monotheism, recognition of accountability and being righteous:

I believe one must be a Muslim to enter Paradise/heaven.

3:85   And whoever follows other than ISLAM as a DINAN, it will not be accepted from him, and in the Hereafter he is of the losers.

ISLAM = Submitted
MUSLIM = Who Submitted

The problem is who are Muslims?

I'm sure the characteristics you mentioned are Muslims regardless of their creed.

Muslim : The ones who believe in one God, being righteous and believe in hereafter (2:62)

22:78   And strive for God a genuine striving. He is the One who has chosen you, and He has made no hardship for you in the Diin- the creed of your father Ibrahim. He is the One who named you 'those who have submitted' <MUSLIM> from before and in this;

Muslims are not dominated by followers of the Prophet Muhammad alone. But all people who worship the God alone who created the earth and the heaven, be righteous and believe in the last day.

5:111   "And I inspired the disciples (of Isa): 'You shall believe in Me and My messenger;' they said: 'We believe, and bear witness that indeed we are Muslims.'"

The disciples of Isa Son of Maryam are Muslims.

10:84   And Musa said: "O my people, if you believe in God, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims."

Musa's people were called Muslim if they believe in God.

And many other verses which state that people before us are also called Muslims if they believe in one God.

Quote from: good logic on October 31, 2022, 09:15:55 AM

Something about 5:69 that I used to get  wrong or did not really ponder before is this,:
Who are"THOSE WHO BELIEVE-" at the beginning of the verse?  Do they already believe in GOD, the last day and do good works? Why is GOD then saying to them later in the verse "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN GOD,THE LAST DAY AND DOES GOOD WORK" if He is addressing those who already do?

Also GOD in other verses of Qoran addresses "THOSE WHO BELIEVE" and instructs/ask them to believe in GOD, His messengers and books...etc.
The context and words of GOD s verses are never placed out of place. or contradict.

Salam Good Logic,
Continuing from the explanation above, we understand that the term Muslim cannot be used specifically for us, the followers of the Prophet Muhammad.

Therefore in some verses, Allah calls us "Those who believe".

We've been addressed as "Those who believe" to distinguish to other Muslims such as Muslims of Jews, Muslim of Nazarene, or Muslims of Sabeean..

Let's take one example,

2:183   O you who believe, fasting has been decreed for you as it was decreed for those before you, perhaps you may be righteous.

This verse contains a specific commandment to us, followers of the Prophet Muhammad, to fast (in the month of Ramadan). Of course, this commandment, although it was also given to other peoples before us, may differ in the timing of its implementation. They can fast at different times according to the instructions of their respective books.

And here, we are called as "O you who believe" or "yāayyuhā alladhīna amanu".  You will never find a verse that says, "O who you submitted"

There's no "yāayyuhā alladhīna aslamu".  Since this would be confusing, which Muslim is God referring to?

You can imagine Islam as a "large corporation" which oversees "various subsidiaries" that share the same "company values" with different "standard operating procedures".

The "company values" are,

2:62   Surely those who believe; and those who are Jewish, and the Nazarenes, and the Sabians, whoever of them believes in God and the Last Day and does good works; they will have their recompense with their Lord, and there is no fear upon them, nor will they grieve.

Islam is the "holding company", and the true monotheist among the Mukmin (prophet Muhammad's followers), Jews, Christians, Hindus, Sabians, etc are "its subsidiaries".

Even though we are all Muslims, our "standard operating procedures" or ways might be different,

5:48. And We have sent down to you the Book with the truth, affirming what is between your hands of the Book and superseding it. So judge between them by what God has sent down, and do not follow their desires from what has come to you of the truth. For each of you We have made a law, and a clear way; and if God had willed, He would have made you all one nation, but He tests you with what He has given you; so race to do good. To God you will return all of you, and He will inform you regarding that in which you dispute......

Of course most people don't know this, and not necessarily that the true monotheism from Christians and Jews will understand if they are "Muslims"

Therefore we, as the readers of the Qur'an who know about this, we be witness over the people, and the Messengers be witness over us,

22:78   ....so let the messenger be witness over you and you be witness over the people.....;

2:143   And as such, We have made you a community (ummat) of the middle way so that you may be witness over the people, and that the messenger may be witness over you.

Hope it helps.

Peace

tlihawa

Salam shaikhrafique,
Quote from: shaikhrafique on October 31, 2022, 03:57:43 PM

So, the righteously companions R.A. and the scholars of Islam made some rules to judge the hadith whether this is acceptable or not. And based on this principle, neither every hadith should be rejected and nor is accepted, but should be examined in the light of these principles and also by the secret research that have been made about the narrators?

Did Allah give permission to your "righteously companions R.A. and the scholars of Islam" to make rules that determine what to believe in as laws other than the Quran?

Can you show me a verse of the Quran that gives them the authorization to set the rules like they did? Does Allah mention their names, especially this "righteously companions R.A"  in the Quran?

If you can't, then they are just invented rule that doesn't come from Allah.  And all that results from that rule of course cannot be considered as the Word of God.

Let me remind you again,

5:44 .....And whoever does not judge with what God has sent down, then these are the KAFIR.

5:45 .....And whoever does not judge with what God has sent down, then these are the ZALIM.

5:47 ....And whoever does not judge with what God has sent down, then these are the FASIQ.

Have you decided whether the Quran is enough for you?

Fusion

I would like to share my opinion on this subject of hadith and appreciate your comments.
I am neither defending the people of hadith nor saying all hadiths are fabricate but take them as historical books which tried to capture the events from different people perspectives. and history most often is a lie.

I feel the reliance on Hadith books by the muslims comes from the following main issue:

Concept of established prayer (Salat), fast, Hajj. Where Quran does mention these acts of worship but did not elaborate further YET Quran gives "User Guide" on how to perform ablution:
[Quran 5:6] O you who believe, when you observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), you shall: (1) wash your faces, (2) wash your arms to the elbows, (3) wipe your heads, and (4) wash your feet to the ankles
I mean this verse is very unique in itself as these acts could have been passed on by just saying Oh you believe approach prayer with cleanliness and every one in all times what cleanliness means...
I think if Quran also talked about in the similar fashion how to mechanically perform the "contact prayers", and similarly Fast or hajj , then I believe hadith followers would not have any more to defend their arguments..

Hence people who follow Quran resort to different interpretations of what is Salat and there are so many discussions already and i dont wanna go there.

However I just want to be guided on why God felt to dictate the process of Ablution in such a detailed manner and when it comes to prayer etc. the verses only mentioned things like stand, bow down with those who bowed down and not provided a mechanical sort of user guide.

I know some of the people who regard Quran alone, when it comes to prayer they also pray like traditional muslims in the very act of worship.... not sure why they do that when such an act is not mentioned in Quran but mentioned so clearly in Hadith books...?

Best Regards,

shaikhrafique

Reply to Wakas... (1)

QuoteBackground: Some think that a person must be a Muslim to enter paradise/heaven, and if not, they will go to Hell once they die.

The Quran repeatedly states the criteria for success as monotheism, recognition of accountability and being righteous:

Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Nazarenes*, and the Sabians, whoever believes in God and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear upon them, nor shall they grieve. [2:62]

Those who believe, and those who are Jewish, and the Sabiens, and the Nazarenes*; whoever of them believes in God and the Last Day and does good works, then they will have nothing to fear nor will they grieve. [5:69]
*commonly translated as "Christians" but more likely refers to the followers of Jesus of Nazareth, hence Nazarenes.

The Quran also states that there are some of "the people of the book" (i.e. followers of previous revelations) that are righteous and will be rewarded:

And if the followers of the Book had believed and guarded (against evil) We would certainly have covered their sins and We would certainly have made them enter gardens of bliss.

And if they had observed the taurat* and the injeel* and that which was revealed to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from above and beneath them, there is a party of them keeping to the moderate course, and (as for) most of them, evil is that which they do.
[5:65-66]
*commonly translated as Torah and Gospels respectively.

"Some think that a person must be a Muslim to enter paradise/heaven, and if not, they will go to Hell once they die.
[/size]"

Peace!
Respected Wakas,
You gave a detailed commentary to my article by above caption and
you mentioned a Qur'anic verse along with it, it means that, "Islam is not necessary to go to Paradise but if some people are Jews, and the Nazarenes*, (commonly translated as "Christians") and the Sabians, they also will be entered Paradise."
So, here are three questions as: -
(1)   Why does a man will be entered the Hell-fire if he is not a Muslim?
(2)   Whether Jews, Christians and Sabians will be entered Paradise also?
(3)   Whether the liked and chosen religion for mankind in order to worship Allah Almighty, is only Islam or there are other religions also along with it?

So, the holy Qur'an makes mention,
Al-Imran 3:19" Lo! religion with Allah (is) the Surrender (to His Will and Guidance). Those who (formerly) received the Scripture differed only after knowledge came unto them, through transgression among themselves. Whoso disbelieves the revelations of Allah (will find that) lo! Allah is swift at reckoning."

Ar-Rum (The Romans) 30:30 "So set thy purpose (O Muhammad) for religion as a man by nature upright - the nature (framed) of Allah, in which He hath created man. There is no altering (the laws of) Allah's creation. That is the right religion, but most men know not."

Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread) 5:3" This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam."

Al-Imran 3:67" Abraham was not a Jew, nor yet a Christian; but he was an upright man who had surrendered (to Allah), and he was not of the idolaters."

All these verse are  the clear proof that the liked and chosen religion of Allah Almighty is only one i.e. Islam (the Surrender (to His Will and Guidance), and from the holy Prophet Adam PBUH to the last holy Prophet Mohammad PBUH, there was only one deen and that is Islam.

Not any Rational and Deductive Argument can prove that there are some other religions were also revealed from Allah Almighty in order to worship Him except Islam under this verse,

Az-Zariyat 51:56" I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. I seek no livelihood from them, nor do I ask that they should feed Me."

The holy Prophets Moses and Jesus (May peace and mercy of Allah be upon them) invited their people to the religion of Islam, and not to any other particular religion i.e. Judaism or Christianity.

Because the religion of Islam has three fundamental beliefs i.e.' tauheed' (Oneness of God),' Risalat' (Prophethood) and 'Akhrat' (the Last Day i.e.The Day of Resurrection), and these are common in the invitation of every Rasool and Nabi (Peace be upon them), including in the Tawrat, the Zabur (Psalms) revealed to Dawud (David) and the Injeel (the Gospel) revealed to Isa (Jesus).

However, the Jurisprudential orders were different in them according to the requirements of the time, this is the clear proof that all the holy Messengers PBUT invited their people to the religion of Islam.

Best Regards

(To be continued)

shaikhrafique

Reply to Wakas... (2)

"Some think that a person must be a Muslim to enter paradise/heaven, and if not, they will go to Hell once they die"

According to the per-mentioned verses in the first part of this article, it is clearly proved that, the liked and chosen religion for mankind in order to worship Allah Almighty, is only Islam.

Now the question is: whether Jews, Christians and Sabians will be entered Paradise also?

So, according to the holy Qur'an, the Jews and the Christians made distortions in the Torah and Gospels
The Qur'an explains those ugly distortions by the Jewish and the Christian religious functionaries of divine scriptures this way:

"O you who believe! Many among the rabbis and monks do indeed consume the wealth of people in legally invalid, wrongful ways (such as changing the Book's commandments in return for worldly benefit, bribery, and using religion as a means of worldly gain) and bar them from God's way." (At-Taubah, 9:34).

The holy Qur'an reveals, "If only the People of the Scripture would believe and ward off (evil), surely We should remit their sins from them and surely We should bring them into Gardens of Delight. If they had observed the Torah and the Gospel and that which was revealed unto them from their Lord, they would surely have been nourished from above them and from beneath their feet. Among them there are people who are moderate, but many of them are of evil conduct". (Al-Maidah, 9:66)

According to the" Questions of Islam", "Studies carried out have shown that the first five books of The Old Testament are not the original Torah. A copy or chapter of the original Torah is not present anywhere. The Torah itself proves that claim, too. The Torah we have today informs us that close to his death,

Prophet Moses put the Torah in a trunk and entrusted it to Joshua and that when the emperor of Babel, Buhtu'n-Nasr, destroyed Jerusalem, the Torah in the trunk was also burnt up. We learn directly from the verses in the Gospel that, about 250 years after that conquest and destruction, Ezra collected the Torah again with the help of religious scholars and rabbis and with divine inspiration. Apart from those events, various others caused the Scripture to be extensively distorted and lost."

https://questionsonislam.com/

As a result of the conquests of Alexander the Great, the Greek translated the Torah into Greek together with other cultural works. Eventually, the Jews, who were affected by the Greek culture, began to use the Greek translation of the Torah instead of its Hebrew text. In this respect,

it is difficult to say that today's Torah, which is passed on to us from Greek translations, is the Torah revealed to Prophet Moses. Nevertheless, it should not be concluded that the Torah underwent complete distortion. It is possible to understand from its truthful passages which do not contradict the Qur'an that the Torah was not wholly distorted."

For more detail please visit this link,

https://questionsonislam.com/question/what-does-distortion-mean-could-you-please-explain-how-torah-and-gospel-were-distorted

The holy Qur'an makes mention," They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no Allah save the One Allah. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve. ﴾ Al-Maidah :73﴿   

Also, "They indeed have disbelieved who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. Say: Who then can do aught against Allah, if He had willed to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, and his mother and everyone on earth? Allah's is the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them. He creates what He will. And Allah is Able to do all things. ﴾ Al-Maidah :17﴿

There verse reveal that not only the Christians made distortion in the Gospels, but also they become disbeliever (Mushrik) by adoption the belief 'Trinity' it means, Trinity, in Christian doctrine, the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead. The doctrine of the Trinity is considered to be one of the central Christian affirmations about God.

The holy Qur'an makes mention," Lo! Allah forgives not that a partner should be ascribed unto Him. He forgives (all) save that to whom He will. Whoso ascribes partners to Allah, he hath indeed invented a tremendous sin. ﴾An-Nisa :48﴿
So, it is the unanimous of the Muslim Ummah that those who made distortion in the holy Scriptures and committed shirk (ascribing partners to Allah Almighty), will never be entered in Paradise.

Now the question is: Why does a man will be entered the Hell-fire if he is not a Muslim?
The holy Qur'an makes mention," And whoso sleeks as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter." ﴾ Al-Imran 3:85﴿

This verse is a clear proof that, the man who is not a Muslim or belongs to other religion than Islam, will be the loser at that Day, and there are only two places there Paradise of Hell-fire. So, he will inevitably be entered into the Hell. (The End)

Jafar

Quotenobody can enter Paradise until he/she accepts Islam, because no other religion except Islam will be accepted in the Day of Resurrection.

Reading this is as weird as:
George Washington said:
"Nobody can become citizen until he accepted Democracy, because no other party besides The Democrat is accepted in America".

The reason being:
During George Washington's lifetime the Democrat party wasn't even exist yet.

Yet I fully understand why "Fanatical Supporter of Democrat Party" will often quote that Washington's hadith, no matter how weird it is.
In the same manner as why "Fanatical Supporter of Islam Religion" will quote that Muhammad's hadith.