News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Charity

Started by Haroon, March 01, 2007, 09:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilyfleur

Quote from: lilyfleur on December 07, 2016, 11:41:23 PM
I appreciate that A Submitter. God willing it will work out. As for making sure it is given to someone who reads/understands English, I will certainly aim for that. On the subject of someone who may not read/understand English, are you aware of God forbidding any of us to make a voice recording of Quran (haha cause God hates tape recorders?😨)? Sorry, sometimes I'm just really intimidated here and really must come across as super dorky. But seriously, I ask because just this past week I've met several muslims from other countries who do not have the Quran written in their language. Thank you for considering my question if you have time.

Peace

Oops oops, sorry I meant for people who UNDERSTAND English but cannot read it ( and in some cases cannot read any language). Thank you.

Man of Faith

The path towards getting rich does often involve quite some preoccupied mind. I see no point in it when spiritual development takes its time. And no matter how hard you work there will always be poor people in the world due to exploitative people.

If anything, you should devote your life to spreading the light in the darkness and it might change greedy and selfish people into goodness. That is the best way of giving charity to the world. Charity is not only fiscal matter.

Fiscal matter is something horrible but useful to survive because man made it so. A necessary evil.

Be well
Amenuel
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

lilyfleur

Quote from: Man of Faith on December 08, 2016, 02:33:00 AM
The path towards getting rich does often involve quite some preoccupied mind. I see no point in it when spiritual development takes its time. And no matter how hard you work there will always be poor people in the world due to exploitative people.

If anything, you should devote your life to spreading the light in the darkness and it might change greedy and selfish people into goodness. That is the best way of giving charity to the world. Charity is not only fiscal matter.

Fiscal matter is something horrible but useful to survive because man made it so. A necessary evil.

Be well
Amenuel

Thank you Man of Faith. I agree wholeheartedly that attempting to get rich is wasted time. As you said there are many exploitive people. In fact, my experiences have shown that here in the US the majority of jobs revolve around just that. For a person who is aware of this it is very difficult to want to participate. I have met very few good hearted rich people. It is usually poor people who are most generous it seems. What a difference it would make if it was the other way around. It saddens me that anyone would suggest I try to get rich.

I appreciate your input.

Take good care and peace

A Submitter

Quote from: lilyfleur on December 08, 2016, 12:05:28 AM
Peace

Oops oops, sorry I meant for people who UNDERSTAND English but cannot read it ( and in some cases cannot read any language). Thank you.

Salam,

any works to try spread the message as long as it's not in an evil way, it's good works. God hasn't forbidden voice recording recitation of the Quran.I don't see anything wrong with recording recitation of the Book.
I guess you're mixing up with the people who have substituted the Quran with some tape recordings of someone singing the Book. Your intentions aren't to substitute Quran with tape recordings, but to make understanding available to those who can't read English.
If you're too unsure, the safest would be to translate to your own language. I have tried it, began 4-5 months ago, but have been halting it alot. So far only verse 3:60...

Salam

lilyfleur

Quote from: A Submitter on December 08, 2016, 02:43:34 PM
Salam,

any works to try spread the message as long as it's not in an evil way, it's good works. God hasn't forbidden voice recording recitation of the Quran.I don't see anything wrong with recording recitation of the Book.
I guess you're mixing up with the people who have substituted the Quran with some tape recordings of someone singing the Book. Your intentions aren't to substitute Quran with tape recordings, but to make understanding available to those who can't read English.
If you're too unsure, the safest would be to translate to your own language. I have tried it, began 4-5 months ago, but have been halting it alot. So far only verse 3:60...

Salam

Peace and thank you A Submitter. That is wonderful that you've undertaken such a task. Yes, my intention is for the people like the ones I've recently met who are "muslims" but have not/cannot read AQ to know the truth. I do not personally have a desire to record it (too intimidating) but do think that maybe an audio of The Message could be beneficial. I imagine that perhaps men may prefer to hear a man's voice and women a woman's voice. I obviously don't know this for sure but it has occurred to me. Also, I am not sure how someone would juxtapose the reading with some type of sentiment of the sincerity of the translation (some from some countries seem skeptical of others). The muslims I have met in the past few weeks seem suspicious of my sincerity because I don't wear a head covering, pray five times a day or go to the mosque. Basically, I'm still not even sure that there is a real desire for a recording.

Thank you again! Peace 😊

~Natasha~

The Quran tells us specifically to take care about:

The orphan
The homeless
fellow believers

I think we should find charities that align with who God has asked us to help via the Quran as well as other charities.. there are many child welfare charities and organizations that could benefit from our donations. We also can do a lot to help the homeless through programs like St. Vincent De Paul and the Road Home or others.

Who knows, we may have fellow believers who are struggling and need help. Who better to help then us as brothers and sisters in faith.

Poverty is big.. we have 1 in 4 kids who are food insecure but the statistics could be higher in certain places, cities and states. Families who cant buy groceries. this may be something to think about.

We have local needs (hurricane relief, food insecurity etc...) in addition to global needs with the Syria crisis, Rohingya (sp?) crisis among others.

We could also start our own non-profit Charity if we have someone who is experienced in opening or starting a non profit and can allocate x amount of funds to each cause.

Just my thoughts. :)

Bashar

Marhaba/ Peace,

These could B a few MORE causes for which we can spend:

- ADDİTİONALLY the fight against maltreatment of unborn babies
- The fight against MASS Animal Sheltering & Breeding etc.
- The nurturing & PLANTİNG of plants + Recycling
- The fight against pollution of Nature in GENERAL
- The (trying of) production of Ozone

Thanks 4 reading & in sha'ALLAH we can open extra threads regarding the above