3 (27.3%)
I disagree
5 (45.5%)
I am confused
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

mmkhan

Salaamun all,

Whenever I see 14:4 it confirms me that Muhammad was not my Rasool.
I don't have to believe in him. I don't have to follow his teachings.

I don't know why people [who are around me] are not honest to themselves.
They say that they believe in alQuraan fully and also say that they accept each and every word of it, but they simply ignore this aayat.

Please take a look.

14:4  وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلَّا بِلِسَانِ قَوْمِهِ لِيُبَيِّنَ لَهُمْ ۖ فَيُضِلُّ اللَّـهُ مَن يَشَاءُ وَيَهْدِي مَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ
14:4 And We did not send any messenger except in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

. Muhammad were not sent in my community / people.
. Muhammad did not speak my language.

So, how he can be my Rasool?
He was sent in Arabs, he was a Rasool for Arabs only and not for others.

These are my personal understandings. Please study and seek Allah's guidance. He is 'the best' Guide.
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

es

Salaam,

By that definition, does that then not mean that the Qur'an was also only sent for the Arabs?

Salaam.

Sajda.

Jafar

"Mohammed is NOT our Rasool but he's our right winger!!"
-- Liverpool FC Fanatics, referring to Mohammed Salah

Add: Muhammad were long dead by the time you were born into this world.

Novice

Salaam mmkhan

I believe our prophet is Muhammad who was sent for the mankind and not for Arabs only. Following ayats may help us understand it, if we believe that first addressee of the Quran is Muhammad and in following ayats he is addressed.

4:79 مَّآ أَصَابَكَ مِنۡ حَسَنَةٍ۬ فَمِنَ ٱللَّهِ‌ۖ وَمَآ أَصَابَكَ مِن سَيِّئَةٍ۬ فَمِن نَّفۡسِكَ‌ۚ وَأَرۡسَلۡنَـٰكَ لِلنَّاسِ رَسُولاً۬‌ۚ وَكَفَىٰ بِٱللَّهِ شَہِيدً۬ا (٧٩) مَّن يُطِعِ ٱلرَّسُولَ فَقَدۡ أَطَاعَ ٱللَّهَ‌ۖ وَمَن تَوَلَّىٰ فَمَآ أَرۡسَلۡنَـٰكَ عَلَيۡهِمۡ حَفِيظً۬ا

....................and we sent you for the mankind as a rasool................

21:107 وَمَآ أَرۡسَلۡنَـٰكَ إِلَّا رَحۡمَةً۬ لِّلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ

..........and we did not send you except a rehmat to all people.

34:28 وَمَآ أَرۡسَلۡنَـٰكَ إِلَّا ڪَآفَّةً۬ لِّلنَّاسِ بَشِيرً۬ا وَنَذِيرً۬ا وَلَـٰكِنَّ أَڪۡثَرَ ٱلنَّاسِ لَا

And we did not send you except for all mankind........

Regards

huruf

Nice and appropriate quotes:

Also there is a very direct proof. Do we read the qur'an? Does it interest us? If it interests as, it my be sent in whatever language or to whatever people, who is going to  prevent us from learning from it, from following it, from believing hat it says and put into a practice?

Salaam
Lev Tolstoy wrote in Rusian, who is going to prevent that his books are liked by any person, by any people?

When has such a thing as a language or a belonging to any "people" kept others from "borrowing" or using anything to thei on advantage, and whay should it?

Salaam

imrankhawaja

Quote from: mmkhan on September 12, 2018, 04:44:52 PM

So, how he can be my Rasool?
He was sent in Arabs, he was a Rasool for Arabs only and not for others.

salamun khan bhai, hope you doing Good.

actually you may possibly right becoz he may not b your rasool. but he was the rasool of Allah centuries ago.

thats y God said

muhammad is not the father of any of you men but he is the rasool
of Allah.

after that i have another theory by scientific method lol
at that time me and you (our ansectors) were under the dark ages of ignorance in subcontinent. but we already been sent down couple of rasools by God and after centuries like everything our concepts about God and rasool get changed and we turn some of our rasools into God like krishna ram etc and we also have a monkey God possibly the same type of event what we found in arab culture regarding the camel of salih elsewise the camel turn into camel God ages ago but at this time understanding of humam evolved to better level of understanding nature so coming back to topic again.

every nation recieved/recieving/will revieve different signs of God in shape of whatever mode of communication is acceptable according to the time space of that nation.

but when a new technology come some still wana stick to old tecnology who just want to get the purpose fullfill.

here the labels start with some time forcefully acceptence or the attitude we cant change it so accept it.

nokia 3310 was popular once
now
iphone x

purpose for both of them to talk but with better applications of communication iphone and others takeover the old technolgy people who want to talk with their beloved need to use that technology like whatsapp ( free of cost, video call) once it was a dream. so the iphone label get the supreme label

same thing happen with all religions including islam its just like changing your phone.

when anybody try to see his own religion critically he find out what  people say about
quran/gita/bible/tora is not what the actual arabic/sanskrit/hebrew told us.
so everyone keep changing as soon he discover the truth or a different approach.

its really a complicated thing to see all whats going on from ages.
so i truly understand every nation/religion/ race is perfectly plan by God and they are here with the will of God. also somehwere in quran he was able to make you one nation but he divide you into communities.

from here i ll leave on my brother jaffar to highlight some of his experience.  ;)

hawk99

I think you've committed an oversight in your interpretation of ayat 14:4.
The verse says: "And We did not send any messenger" which is in the
past tense i.e., before Muhammad.  I agree with Novice.

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Jafar

Quote from: imrankhawaja on September 13, 2018, 08:54:02 AM

after that i have another theory by scientific method lol
at that time me and you (our ansectors) were under the dark ages of ignorance in subcontinent. but we already been sent down couple of rasools by God and after centuries like everything our concepts about God and rasool get changed and we turn some of our rasools into God like krishna ram etc and we also have a monkey God possibly the same type of event what we found in arab culture regarding the camel of salih elsewise the camel turn into camel God ages ago but at this time understanding of humam evolved to better level of understanding nature so coming back to topic again.

every nation recieved/recieving/will revieve different signs of God in shape of whatever mode of communication is acceptable according to the time space of that nation.

but when a new technology come some still wana stick to old tecnology who just want to get the purpose fullfill.

here the labels start with some time forcefully acceptence or the attitude we cant change it so accept it.

nokia 3310 was popular once
now
iphone x

purpose for both of them to talk but with better applications of communication iphone and others takeover the old technolgy people who want to talk with their beloved need to use that technology like whatsapp ( free of cost, video call) once it was a dream. so the iphone label get the supreme label

same thing happen with all religions including islam its just like changing your phone.

when anybody try to see his own religion critically he find out what  people say about
quran/gita/bible/tora is not what the actual arabic/sanskrit/hebrew told us.
so everyone keep changing as soon he discover the truth or a different approach.

Lol, a modern version of parable of New Wine into Old Wineskins

"no one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the new wine will burst the skins and will be spilled, and the skins will be destroyed. But new wine must be put into fresh wineskins. And no one after drinking old wine desires new wine, but says, ?The old is good.?"
-- Luke 5

God's revelation hasn't ended, it's a continuing process up to the future.

Newer Apps need to be installed on newer phone.
But it's also normal for people who stick to the old phone and think SMS and MMS is much better than WhatsApp.

its really a complicated thing to see all whats going on from ages.
so i truly understand every nation/religion/ race is perfectly plan by God and they are here with the will of God. also somehwere in quran he was able to make you one nation but he divide you into communities.

from here i ll leave on my brother jaffar to highlight some of his experience.  ;)

Humans are divided into group to ensure check and balance.

The concept was initially introduced by a chinese rasool named Lao Tse.

But it's already commonplace nowadays, literally everywhere.
In the theory of Management  it's called "Governance and Control".

Party in power and party in opposition, to ensure check and balance in government.
Finance department who control the money and Auditor who audit the flow of money to ensure check and balance within a company / enterprise.
The "East" to check the "West".
The Orthodox to check the Catholics.
The Sunnis to check the Shiites.
etc.. etc.. etc..

Because for human: Absolute power corrupt absolutely.

Or in the words of Chinese rasool; When the Yin is not in proper balance with Yang then something will happened which makes the Yin to be back in balance with Yang and vice versa. The best condition is when the Yin is in perfect balance with Yang.

reel

Quote14:4 And We did not send any messenger except in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

What if I read the Quran in mother tongue? Won't it mean the messenger is speaking my language? He was a human just like me. We form race/mankind. In that sense, I can be one of his people right?
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

mmkhan

Quote from: es on September 12, 2018, 07:33:01 PM
By that definition, does that then not mean that the Qur'an was also only sent for the Arabs?

Salaamun Sajda,

Actually it is, but we can not prevented to read, understand and follow what we like from it.
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51