Hobbies

Started by SarahY, February 19, 2007, 05:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SarahY

What are your hobbies?

What do you do when you're bored - besides the internet and research

Share your interests :)
We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

holyerthanthou

I love to do this, and have done so for years

Here you can download a track in progress, i have released techno and related genres for well over 10 years, to the DJ circuit.
http://www.4shared.com/file/10874611/26d036a4/Enki_-_ikon.html <-download
For contract reasons i cant post finnished or mastered tracks online, but its not too bad.

-This is a party rocking it

-firedancing is fun

-my freind Kristian making string art, i sometimes help him and his crew out, and i think its fun. String art rules. What is string art?

-stringart

-large string art.

Then i do this sometimes

And my brother in law is european champion and world champion in his weight atm, so i have no excuse not to practice more. But i dont because im a lazy shit and after a period of getting one problem after another with my body i took a breather.

another freind has a top fuel funny car a little like this one

and he is DK champ. Its a lot of fun driving that thing (if you can call it that) is a little like getting kicked in the arse by a 3x3meter 4 ton boot.

But i think nothing of it beats this hobby

and a whole lot more actually. walking in nature is a great source of relaxation to me. When i not doing the above im reading. Im an obsessive reader.

now share your own interrests :)

best wishes.

Dont tell me what is right or what is wrong because im holyerthanthou.

SarahY

Wow how interesting!! my internet is running slow :( Inshallah tomorrow I'll check out the link :)

I'm boring :P I need a new hobby or hobbies.. I so alot of crafty things I like to draw, paint and make jewellery. String art looks intersting but theres only so much you can make, I bet it's really time consuming.

I enjoy sports and I like to cook and bake desserts and cake :)
We all have blind spots.

SarahY

Calligraphy interests me so.. these are some other things I have made:

- Allahu akbar (arabic) in a mini banner type form (blue and white)
- Bismallah Alrahman Alraheem (arabic) -  in the name of God the most merciful the most kind (black and white)
- A red dragon - it's not really anything just a design

We all have blind spots.

holyerthanthou

you have to come with me to the techno festivals in europe during the summer. You could make your weight worth in gold selling that stuff to the hippies. Perhaps not with allah hu kabar, but other positive caligraphy and symbols. Its some really good looking things that youre doing i reckon, and it would fit in with them like hand in glove.

i like this one. I would like one for my wife, do you sell abroad?

best wishes?
Dont tell me what is right or what is wrong because im holyerthanthou.

SarahY

I could sell abroad though my stock is kinda limited, I've put crafting off for a while due to time and studies.

If you're still interested in something send me PM.

Techno festivals sound like fun ;) who knows maybe one day I might come :)

We all have blind spots.

SarahY

I'm bored and I feel like doing something..

What should I do what should I do???
We all have blind spots.

IronSky

Peace to all

why dont you read the Quran for awhile sister Sarah, thats what i always do when i have some time.

Kurt

SarahY

Alhamdulillah I do read, though I was thinking of other things I can do, a mind can only take so much.

Anyway I've bought some boards and paint.. so I'm going to start painting though I'm not sure yet... I bought acrylic paint, I haven't used them before normally I paint with gauche.. I have oil paint also.. the only problem is I'm not sure how they clean the brush from oil paint...  has anyone painted with oil paint before?
We all have blind spots.

khalil

Yes! lol, I would just use a bar of soap and tupine tine or lin seed oil and running water. Just run the water, and hold the soap in hand and then gently stroke the brush back and forth over the soap as though you were painting while the water runs, before that leave the brushes to sit in some turpentine for a while. This is what I used to do as a kid, and the brushes lasted for years, I still have most of those brushes,  just don't leave them out lol, I did and they harden and then are no good.

There is 'special' soap I would buy sometimes that would do the trick, its a green and bumpy soap, it worked the best at removing the paint efficiently.

What I love to do with art, is put on some good music, lock the doors and just roll with it!!
Initiator of morning and Maker of the night to reside in; and the sun and the moon for counting.  - 6:96

If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good. - Dr.Seus ??