News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Anyone else feel this way

Started by Sarah, December 12, 2023, 12:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Peace

Ever since I turned to the Qur'an alone, I've felt lonelier than before. It just feels like, most people on earth are not like me. How do you make friends without letting religious differences get in the way, especially with traditional Muslims? I tend to hide my Qur'an alone belief from most Sunnis when I happen to make a Sunni friend. But it feels lonely because they don't know who I am and I feel like an imposter.

You could just tell me to make friends with non-Muslims and people who you have stuff in common with but the issue is, I'm open to that however the people who tend to be the friendliest to me are south Asian people because I look like them and white people tend to keep their distance even though I'm a polite and kind person. It's been like this for as long as I can remember however I used to wear hijab but even without hijab, it's the same story. Indians do befriend me sometimes but it's Indian men, not women and I wish I had female friends because male friendship is complicated.

Could you share your experiences with friendship after you stopped believing in hadith? I'd love to hear from you...
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'