News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Police Brutality Video

Started by IronSky, October 07, 2007, 09:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronSky

Peace to all,

This girl was only 15 years old and the cop punches her in the face.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/6414.html

Lobster

This is why I feel we don't need a police force.
Everyone should be able to defend themselves. We should all take self defense classes, and we should all own guns.
`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil

TheNabi

Peace

You must not have any crazies where you live.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

jankren

If I was the police I would probably kick her in the face. The policeman tried his best to be nice but the girl really tested his patience by biting him. If this occurred in my country the police would probably shoot her in the leg.

"We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians."
- Nelson Mandela

"Hesitation leads to masturbation."
- Socrates

Tay

Peace,

Looks like she bit his arm after he asked her about a hundred times to put her hands behind her back. I don't know that I wouldn't have reacted the same way. Guess I'd make a bad cop.

:peace:
And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while they are passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do. [27:88]

IronSky

Peace to all,

Then im glad your not a police officer Jankren, the police are trained in police procedures and techniques to control subjects and the proper use of force, at no time are they allowed to punch a person in the face with a closed fist, especially for a young girl, the officer could have done many other things in order to get the girl under control, the mace use was acdceptable but not the punch, you see how he did it as a result of anger at being bit. He should always descalate never escalate the force use.

Kurt

Tay

Peace Kurt,

Looking at the video again, I see your point clearly. He's easily much stronger than her. Was his technique in getting her in position to be handcuffed simply wrong or should he have tried another technique? Also, how does law enforcement training address or atleast attempt to address the curbing of emotional reactions? Putting myself in his shoes, I could easily imagine myself acting reactionarily as opposed to thoughtfully once getting bit. How does training overcome the instinct to protect onesself?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Peace,
Tay
And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while they are passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do. [27:88]

Samia

Frankly speaking, I am not sympathetic with the girl. Why the hell doesn't she just put her hands behind her back? Because she knows she was not innocent. Being 15 years old does not mean she should not abide with the law or, if she doesn't, should not be arrested and tried.

TheNabi

Peace Samia

I agree. I know these kids can be terrible towards other people. They lack discipline.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

jankren

Quote from: IronSky on October 08, 2007, 02:12:05 AM
Peace to all,

Then im glad your not a police officer Jankren, the police are trained in police procedures and techniques to control subjects and the proper use of force, at no time are they allowed to punch a person in the face with a closed fist, especially for a young girl, the officer could have done many other things in order to get the girl under control, the mace use was acdceptable but not the punch, you see how he did it as a result of anger at being bit. He should always descalate never escalate the force use.

Kurt
policemen are humans, too and the punch which the police let go was obviously a reactionary one because he was aware that a camera was recording the whole thing. As far as I know you are a policeman yourself so Im sure you know how it feels to be in his shoes.

"We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians."
- Nelson Mandela

"Hesitation leads to masturbation."
- Socrates