News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What does the root 3bd (ع ب د) means as per Quran?

Started by Novice, December 28, 2018, 06:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huruf

Quote from: almarh0m on January 05, 2019, 02:28:12 AM
Peace

My own understanding of aquimis salat is to uphold our commitment to follow Allah's guidance in all our concious hours.
After all, whe are told to aquimis salat for rememberance of Allah. As for those who suggested that we import some christian type of communion, please read 57/4 which says that: " Wa huwa ma akum aina ma kuntum" or He is with you whereever you are. Why do you need to commune with something that is already with you always?

For those that claim that ritual prayers renamed salat is from Allah, then they will have to prove it from the Qur'an, chapter and verse where it details the instructions to perform the so called physical ritual salat. The burden of proof is on you and please use Qur'an only sources not conjectures or opinions by self appointed Allah's representative on earth.

Peace

Almarhom "to be with someone" is not the same as to commune with someone. We know that and you know that. It exactly the same as if you told me why remember God , as we are told too often int he coran to forget, if we are with God all the time.

I would say that to commune, aqimi as-salaa is the same as rmeember but more conscious and intense. We do or may remember God very often, to commune consciously is anothe rmatter, there is a question of concentration, mood, and may be other things, at times.

You know that and we all know that.

Salaam

almarh0m

Peace

Stand, respect and obey and please do not invent, concoct or fabricate things that aren't in the Qur'an. If you are serious about your argument, please provide datailed evidence from the the Qur'an re ritual prayers.

Thank you
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

huruf

Where did I say thathe Qur'an speaks of ritual players. Quote me and wuote me right. You are the one who is inventing, inventing that I say
things that a do not say, I did not even use the word prayer. ?Did I?

Are you discussing the question of who is right and who is not ?

I am not discussing that, I do not give a damn about who is right or rong. I just gave my understanding of as-salaa, if you do not understand it, no problem. There are many things that many people do not understand and the world continues.

Salaam

almarh0m

Salam

Sister Huruf, I was not replying to your post at all but to other posters ok? My apology if you thought I was referring to you.

Peace
"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

good logic

Peace Novice.
You say, quote:

I have presented what I understand from Quran about "aqimis salat". Salat is an Arabic word which has meaning of "following closely". In Quran where ever this term comes we have to look at the context to see what needs to be followed.

Yet you cannot come up with the context of 4;101-103, actually your explanation has no context and does not make sense.
You cannot come up with a context of 5:6  Why 5:6 if one follows closely?
You cannot come up with a context of why at certain prescribed time?... And so on.

Actually ,you could be honest and say I do not really know yet? That will be closer to the truth.

Look brother you say 21:73 say "revealed to them...Iquami Salat". What does reveal mean?
Showed with instruction is revealed to me. If GOD reveals something, it means it was clear to them how to Aquimi Salat..

Anyway, I can see that you do not want to explain the verses that are causing you problems, nor are you going to investigate who invented/came up with the contact prayer!  Your choice.
Thank you anyway for the conversation.

Before I close my conversation, please let  me say something important and useful to you ,me and all participants.

Everyone says they are searching for the truth. Many are sincerely wanting to find the truth.

That is why it is important to remember FREEDOM OF CHOICE .

We are absolutely free to believe or disbelieve in God and Qoran. It is God's will that we will  do freely, Qoran: 18:29, 25:57, 73:19, 74:37, 76:29 

God told us in the Qoran that He knows the future and He knows what everyone of us will do, what they will believe, how they behave and  what they commit in this life, because He is God who knows the past, present and future.
Because of this freedom we are responsible for our decision on the day of Judgment. We cannot blame our parents, friends, scholars,or GOD even though He knows the outcome or anyone. We can only blame ourselves.

There is nothing wrong if one start with a blank peace of paper, as though they know nothing about a ritual prayer, collect all the verses about it and study it deep. One has to be honest and do it justice by searching thoroughly.

So argue/discuss by what it is best from all the verses of Qoran not just few and try to make sense..None of us can change/guide the other. Only GOD can do that.

Likewise , everyone can believe what they want from Qoran, but be true to yourself and check that you search deep for the truth until you have no doubt? Only yourself to blame in the end?

The only benefit here ,in other forums,or with anyone s books/opinions/writings...is to learn from each other, take what is best and respect each other as per Qoran.
I am honest and sincere when I say to you, after reading all your posts about your take on Aquimi Salat, I do not really know what "following closely " is or how I go about doing it. It is vague and does not explain many verses . It is not common sense.

May the Lord guide us all .
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Novice

Quote from: hawk99 on January 05, 2019, 03:26:12 AM
Great discussion folks!

Those who want all these details remind me of this:

[2:68] They said, "Call upon your Lord to make clear to us what it is." [Moses] said,
"[Allah] says, 'It is a cow which is neither old nor virgin, but median between
that,' so do what you are commanded."

[2:69]  They said, "Call upon your Lord to show us what is her color." He said,
"He says, 'It is a yellow cow, bright in color - pleasing to the observers.' "

[2:71] He said, "He says, 'It is a cow neither trained to plow the earth nor to irrigate
the field, one free from fault with no spot upon her.' " They said, "Now you have
come with the truth." So they slaughtered her, though they had not the mind to do (it).    

I'm sorry but I can't help but do this:   :rotfl:

Salaam brother hawk99

Why you started your quote from from 2:68?

Is it beacue you wanted to establish your point that we are asking for details for salat like people of Musa asked for details of the cow? Lets start from 2:67 wherein actual command is given:

2:67
وَإِذۡ قَالَ مُوسَىٰ لِقَوۡمِهِۦۤ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَأۡمُرُكُمۡ أَن تَذۡبَحُواْ بَقَرَةً۬‌ۖ قَالُوٓاْ أَتَتَّخِذُنَا هُزُوً۬ا‌ۖ قَالَ أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ أَنۡ أَكُونَ مِنَ ٱلۡجَـٰهِلِينَ
And when Musa said to his people Allah commands you that you slaughter a cow....

The command was to slaughter a cow and people knew what Zabaha (slaughter) means in their language. They did not ask how to do the slaughter. They did not give alien meaning to the word "zabaha".

Like "zabaha" (slaughter) "sala" (following closely) is a word that has its meaning basd on its root, but we have to establish a ritual by following our elders blindly and leaving God's revelation behind our backs.

Quote from: hawk99 on January 05, 2019, 03:26:12 AM
Stand, bow and prostrate

How many times to stand, bow and prostrate in each ritual prayer and what to say in each action? You cannot show a verse in Quran giving you these details. You have to follow your elders blindly to perform ritual prayer but not by following God's revelation.

God bless you.

huruf

Quote from: almarh0m on January 05, 2019, 04:22:40 AM
Salam

Sister Huruf, I was not replying to your post at all but to other posters ok? My apology if you thought I was referring to you.

Peace

OK I am sorry, I got it wrong because it came right after my message. Never mind.  :) :) :)

Salaam

Novice

Quote from: good logic on January 05, 2019, 06:49:29 AM
Peace Novice.
You say, quote:

I have presented what I understand from Quran about "aqimis salat". Salat is an Arabic word which has meaning of "following closely". In Quran where ever this term comes we have to look at the context to see what needs to be followed.

Yet you cannot come up with the context of 4;101-103, actually your explanation has no context and does not make sense.
You cannot come up with a context of 5:6  Why 5:6 if one follows closely?
You cannot come up with a context of why at certain prescribed time?... And so on.

Actually ,you could be honest and say I do not really know yet? That will be closer to the truth.

Look brother you say 21:73 say "revealed to them...Iquami Salat". What does reveal mean?
Showed with instruction is revealed to me. If GOD reveals something, it means it was clear to them how to Aquimi Salat..

Anyway, I can see that you do not want to explain the verses that are causing you problems, nor are you going to investigate who invented/came up with the contact prayer!  Your choice.
Thank you anyway for the conversation.

Before I close my conversation, please let  me say something important and useful to you ,me and all participants.

Everyone says they are searching for the truth. Many are sincerely wanting to find the truth.

That is why it is important to remember FREEDOM OF CHOICE .

We are absolutely free to believe or disbelieve in God and Qoran. It is God's will that we will  do freely, Qoran: 18:29, 25:57, 73:19, 74:37, 76:29 

God told us in the Qoran that He knows the future and He knows what everyone of us will do, what they will believe, how they behave and  what they commit in this life, because He is God who knows the past, present and future.
Because of this freedom we are responsible for our decision on the day of Judgment. We cannot blame our parents, friends, scholars,or GOD even though He knows the outcome or anyone. We can only blame ourselves.

There is nothing wrong if one start with a blank peace of paper, as though they know nothing about a ritual prayer, collect all the verses about it and study it deep. One has to be honest and do it justice by searching thoroughly.

So argue/discuss by what it is best from all the verses of Qoran not just few and try to make sense..None of us can change/guide the other. Only GOD can do that.

Likewise , everyone can believe what they want from Qoran, but be true to yourself and check that you search deep for the truth until you have no doubt? Only yourself to blame in the end?

The only benefit here ,in other forums,or with anyone s books/opinions/writings...is to learn from each other, take what is best and respect each other as per Qoran.
I am honest and sincere when I say to you, after reading all your posts about your take on Aquimi Salat, I do not really know what "following closely " is or how I go about doing it. It is vague and does not explain many verses . It is not common sense.

May the Lord guide us all .
GOD bless you.
Peace.

Salaam brother GL

Here is what you started with:

Quote from: good logic on December 28, 2018, 08:44:47 AM
I want to discuss your claim that there is no prayer connection with GOD from Qoran s point of view only. i.e that "Aquimi Salat" is not  instructed by GOD to seek help and connect with him.
So what is Iquami Salat in Qoran?
GOD bless you.
Peace.

My simple question was how you "Aqimis salat" by following a verse that gives details of "contact prayer" instead of following the elders?

Please see my reply to brother hawk99. Once you figure out what "sala" means in Arabic language you will understand what "Aqimis salat" is in Quran.

There is no single verse giving details of "ritual prayer". It can be done by following elders blindly but not what God revealed.

I have never said that everyone reading my understanding must follow it. I am just conveying the meaning of the word "sala" as per its root. Everyone has to do their part to understand and follow:

either God's guidance by using their brains

or follow their elders blindly.

God bless you.

hawk99

:nope:  your interpretation makes no sense!   :nope:

"then you establish for them "the following".   What does that mean?  Do they even have
the time during war?

"when they all submit/acknowledge"   :nope:  makes no sense.

Anyway,

Quote from: Novice on January 05, 2019, 01:21:39 PM
Why you started your quote from from 2:68?

Is it beacue you wanted to establish your point that we are asking for details for salat like people of Musa asked for details of the cow?

Yes, you got it!

Quote from: Novice on January 05, 2019, 01:21:39 PM
How many times to stand, bow and prostrate in each ritual prayer and what to say in each action? You cannot show a verse in Quran giving you these details. You have to follow your elders blindly to perform ritual prayer but not by following God's revelation.

Here's where we agree, You are free to "follow closely" but both spiritually as well
as physically both are beneficial.  There is no rakat system as per Quran, how
many times you stand is up to you except in congregation one follows the leader. 
Sometimes I do one rakat (for lack of a better word) sometime two, NO you need
not "follow the elders blindly" create your own system, you make the details,
don't miss out on this wonderful gift from Allah.  Stand bow and prostrate and say
what you want to say with help from Quran.  Make the physical salat once a day
or five times a day it is up to you. Make it sitting if you have pain issues. 
If you miss an entire day there is no penalty.

:handshake:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

good logic

Peace Novice.
You say I am following my elders. I say I am following Millat Abraham.
You say contact prayer is not in Qoran, I say collect all the verses about it and you will see why "Aquimi Salat cannot be anything else: What is millat Abraham. What are the rites ( Manasikana)?
Read on:
22:77
O you who believe, you shall bow, prostrate, wa Ubudu your Lord, and work righteousness, that you may succeed.
يٰأَيُّهَا الَّذينَ ءامَنُوا اركَعوا وَاسجُدوا وَاعبُدوا رَبَّكُم وَافعَلُوا الخَيرَ لَعَلَّكُم تُفلِحونَ
Abraham: Original Messenger of Islam*

22:78
You shall strive for the cause of God as you should strive for His cause. He has chosen you and has placed no hardship on you in practicing your religion - the religion of your father Abraham. He is the one who named you "Muslimeen" originally. Thus, the messenger shall serve as a witness among you, and you shall serve as witnesses among the people. Therefore, you shall AQUIMI SALAT and give the Zakat and hold fast to God; He is your Lord, the best Lord and the best Supporter.
وَجٰهِدوا فِى اللَّهِ حَقَّ جِهادِهِ هُوَ اجتَبىٰكُم وَما جَعَلَ عَلَيكُم فِى الدّينِ مِن حَرَجٍ مِلَّةَ أَبيكُم إِبرٰهيمَ هُوَ سَمّىٰكُمُ المُسلِمينَ مِن قَبلُ وَفى هٰذا لِيَكونَ الرَّسولُ شَهيدًا عَلَيكُم وَتَكونوا شُهَداءَ عَلَى النّاسِ فَأَقيمُوا الصَّلوٰةَ وَءاتُوا الزَّكوٰةَ وَاعتَصِموا بِاللَّهِ

Although all messengers preached one and the same message, ``Ubudu God alone,'' Abraham was the first messenger to this the  Islam and the believer  "Muslim" (2:128). What is Millat Abraham? We learn from 16:123 that all religious duties  were revealed through Abraham:
2:128
"Our Lord, make us Muslimeen to You, and from our descendants let there be a community of Muslims to You. Teach us the rites of our religion, and redeem us. You are the Redeemer, Most Merciful.
رَبَّنا وَاجعَلنا مُسلِمَينِ لَكَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِنا أُمَّةً مُسلِمَةً لَكَ وَأَرِنا مَناسِكَنا وَتُب عَلَينا إِنَّكَ أَنتَ التَّوّابُ الرَّحيمُ
This is what I follow brother.:
16:123
Then we inspired you (Muhammad) to follow the religion of Abraham,* the monotheist; he never was an idol worshiper..
ثُمَّ أَوحَينا إِلَيكَ أَنِ اتَّبِع مِلَّةَ إِبرٰهيمَ حَنيفًا وَما كانَ مِنَ المُشرِكينَ
Of course that includes Aquimi Salat.
Just thought I will clarify.
GOD bless you.
Peace
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]