News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Was The Two Horned One (Dhul Qarnain) a space traveler?

Started by IsaMuslim, April 06, 2018, 06:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IsaMuslim

Salaam Alaykum,
I did not discover anything, but I noticed something interesting:

In The Name of God, The Almighty, The Merciful.
18:83   And they ask you about the Two Horned One, say: "I will recite to you a remembrance of him."
18:84   We had facilitated for him in the land, and We had given him the means to all things.
18:85   So he followed the means.
18:86   Until he reached _the setting of the sun_ ; he found it setting at a hot spring, and he found a people near it. We said: "O Two Horned One, either you shall punish, or you shall do them good."
18:87   He said: "As for he who has done wrong, we will punish him then he will be returned to his Lord and He will punish him an awful punishment."
18:88   "And as for he who believes and does good, then he will have the reward of goodness, and we will speak to him simply of our plan."
18:89   Then he followed the means.
18:90   So when he reached the emergence of the sun, he found it emerging on a people whom We did not make for them any cover against it.
18:91   So it was, and We have encompassed what news he found.
18:92   Then he followed the means.
18:93   Until he reached an area that was between the two barriers, he found within it a people who could barely understand anything said.
18:94   They said: "O Two Horned One, Gog and Magog are corrupters of the land, so shall we make a tribute for you that you will make between us and them a barrier?"
18:95   He said: "What my Lord has given me is far better. So help me with strength and I will make between you and them a landfill."
18:96   "Bring me dense metal," until he leveled between the two sides. He said: "Blow," until he made it into fire. He said: "Bring me tar so I can pour it over."
18:97   So they could not penetrate it, and they could not advance in it.
18:98   He said: "This is a mercy from my Lord. But when the promise of my Lord comes, He will make it crumble. And the promise of my Lord is truth."
(Quran 18:83-88, Monotheist Group Translation)

21:95   And it is forbidden for a town that We destroy, that they return!
21:96   Until Gog and Magog is opened, and from every angle they will come forth.
21:97   And the promise of truth draws near. Then, when it is seen by the eyes of those who rejected: "Woe to us, we have been oblivious to this. Indeed, we were wicked!"
21:98   Both you and what you serve besides God shall be fuel for Hell; you will enter it.
21:99   If these had been gods, then they would not have entered it! And all will abide therein.
21:100   They will be breathing heavily in it, and they will not be heard therein.
(Quran 21:95-100, Monotheist Group Translation)

2:166   When those who were followed will disown those who followed them, and they will see the retribution, and all excuses the means (of getting out of it) will abandon them.
2:167   And those who followed them said: "If we only could have a chance to disown them as they have disowned us." It is such that God will show them their works which will be regretted by them; they will not leave the Fire.
(Quran 2:166-167, Monotheist Group Translation, edit is mine)

22:15   Whoever thinks that God will not grant him victory in this world and the Hereafter, then let him extend his reasons means to the heavens, then let him cease and see whether this action has removed the cause of his anger.
(Quran 22:15, Monotheist Group Translation, edit is mine)

38:10   Or do they possess the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them? Then let them bring their own solutions means.
(Quran 38:10, Monotheist Group Translation, edit is mine)

40:36   And Pharaoh said: "O Haamaan, build for me a high platform that I may uncover the secrets means."
40:37   "The secrets means of the heavens, so that I may take a look at the god of Moses; though I think he is a liar." Thus the evil works of Pharaoh were adorned for him, and he was blocked from the path. And the planning of Pharaoh brought nothing but regret.
(Quran 40:36-37, Monotheist Group Translation, edit is mine)

You will notice that the word translated in Surah 18 as "means" (sababan), is also used when Pharaoh wanted to see God by the "means of the heavens", and when God says "let them bring their own means" while talking about "dominion of heavens and earth", and "the means to leave hellfire" and other.

This makes me now hypotize that Dhul Qarnain, The Two Horned One, unlike the traditional view's theory, was a space traveler, because God gave him the means to ascend to the heaven.

This makes the explaination of all the other things a little easier:

• he followd the means and he reached the place where the sun in the future will literally set (or die), and he met inhabitants of another planet which requested him to make justice among them: they saw an advanced man from the space with higher technology (the means to all things)
  • he followed the means, and found inhabitants of a planet which had no protection from their sun, because of lack of appropriate atmosphere or because of the presence of two suns in that solar system
  • he followed the means, and found inhabitants of another planet, which this time couldn't almost speak, maybe they were really primitive, and as before they asked him for help, because two peoples were causing mischief: Gog and Magog. With his advanced technology (the means to all things) he designed a wall (well described in the verse) capable of prisoning these two nations inside somewhere between those two barriers (which are not on this planet)
  • God promises that Gog and Magog will destroy this wall, come forth from every angle, and they will bring near the end of life in the universe

By the way, these explanations are only in my imagination, and I want to hear your thoughts and alternative theories regarding this.
God knows best.
Is he who is based on proof from his Lord, as he for whom his evil works have been adorned for him and they followed their desires?
~ 47:14 ~

The Sardar

Salam/Peace i check the word of sababan (سببا) and it's Siin-Ba-Ba (س ب ب): to find the means of, occasion a thing, seek a living, be the cause of, use a thing as means for, rope, cause, occasion, way, means, road, account, love, relationship/connection/tie.

sabba vb. (1) impf. act. 6:108, 6:108

sabab n.m. (pl. asbab) 2:166, 18:84, 18:85, 18:89, 18:92, 22:15, 38:10, 40:36, 40:37

IsaMuslim

Quote from: The Sardar on April 06, 2018, 10:09:24 AM
Salam/Peace i check the word of sababan (سببا) and it's Siin-Ba-Ba (س ب ب): to find the means of, occasion a thing, seek a living, be the cause of, use a thing as means for, rope, cause, occasion, way, means, road, account, love, relationship/connection/tie.

sabba vb. (1) impf. act. 6:108, 6:108

sabab n.m. (pl. asbab) 2:166, 18:84, 18:85, 18:89, 18:92, 22:15, 38:10, 40:36, 40:37

Salaam brother Sardar,
yes and "use a thing as means for" suits all the instances of the second form you mentioned:
I have quoted all these verses replacing the various meanings assigned to sabab with "means" and they all make sense.
The thing I see interesting is that every time these "means" or "ways" are the means to either ascend to heaven or to escape from Jahannam, why isn't it possible in the story of Dhul Qarnain?
Is he who is based on proof from his Lord, as he for whom his evil works have been adorned for him and they followed their desires?

The Sardar

Quote from: IsaMuslim on April 06, 2018, 12:05:47 PM
Salaam brother Sardar,
yes and "use a thing as means for" suits all the instances of the second form you mentioned:
I have quoted all these verses replacing the various meanings assigned to sabab with "means" and they all make sense.
The thing I see interesting is that every time these "means" or "ways" are the means to either ascend to heaven or to escape from Jahannam, why isn't it possible in the story of Dhul Qarnain?
Well i am no expert but i noticed some of the verses that showed is in masculine noun like a name or a title i think. No grammar expert by the way.

IsaMuslim

Salaam Brother Sardar
I actually know very little of Arabic grammar too, I barely can read, the only thing I can do is searching in dictionaries or searching in the Quran the word roots, that is why I posted this here just so that anyone could correct me. So I did not even consider checking the gender of those words, thanks for the advice brother.
May God bless you.

ajzhyder

The name suggests that Zual Qarnain existed in two different time periods. Instead of two horned ones, I would see it as the one who existed in two different time periods.

The Sardar

Quote from: IsaMuslim on April 13, 2018, 09:58:33 AM
Salaam Brother Sardar
I actually know very little of Arabic grammar too, I barely can read, the only thing I can do is searching in dictionaries or searching in the Quran the word roots, that is why I posted this here just so that anyone could correct me. So I did not even consider checking the gender of those words, thanks for the advice brother.
May God bless you.
Salam/Peace dear brother & Allah/God (SWTAY) bless you too, check this for arabic grammar: http://arabic.tripod.com/index.html

IsaMuslim

Quote from: The Sardar on April 21, 2018, 01:31:31 AM
Salam/Peace dear brother & Allah/God (SWTAY) bless you too, check this for arabic grammar: http://arabic.tripod.com/index.html

Salaam,
Brother the link you gave me - I still didn't study it - it seems really really well-organized.
Any other website that I've seen can't compare to this.
Thank you very much

ajzhyder

https://topicsfromquran.com/2018/09/22/zal-qarnain-dual-qarnain/

Ayas related to Zal-Qarnain are reviewed in above link to the post. It has also a link to a research which tries to see which could be the general area that Zal-Qarnain covered in his 3 journeys mentioned in Quran.