News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What is ISLAM?

Started by jkhan, April 17, 2024, 02:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

I find the book interesting, still reading through it.

What is Islam?: The Quranic Perspective

https://resurgentislam.com/wp-content/uploads/What-is-Islam-By-G.A-Parwez.pdf

Excerpts:
After becoming a religion, Islam, a lively, fully awake
and dynamic system of life, instead of leading the caravan of mankind to its intended
destination, was reduced only to a collection of some lifeless beliefs and soul-less
rituals.

Best Regards,

hawk99

Peace,

What is Islam?  Islam is the universal guidance to peace for all of men and jinn.  A system of behaviors
that gives us the best outcome worldwide.  It is a guidance system that creates brotherhood among mankind.
And the deviation from its tenets created what we have seen historically and what is currently in our lives today.

Being a good person is the instruction from our creator no matter where you live on the planet.
The Quran is a gift that teaches us how to become that good person.

[2:177}  Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

There are good people all over the planet who submit thru guidance who do not call themselves Muslim.
I would never say that I am a better person than Martin Luther King Jr because he was a Christian or
Ghandi because he was Hindi or man in the artic region or a woman who lives in south America who never
heard of Islam.  That is because The Quran is the final revelation to us however, guidance started a long
time before Muhammad.

God bless

:peace: 
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Fusion

Quote from: hawk99 on April 20, 2024, 02:48:47 PMPeace,

What is Islam?  Islam is the universal guidance to peace for all of men and jinn.  A system of behaviors
that gives us the best outcome worldwide.  It is a guidance system that creates brotherhood among mankind.
And the deviation from its tenets created what we have seen historically and what is currently in our lives today.

Being a good person is the instruction from our creator no matter where you live on the planet.
The Quran is a gift that teaches us how to become that good person.

[2:177}  Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

There are good people all over the planet who submit thru guidance who do not call themselves Muslim.
I would never say that I am a better person than Martin Luther King Jr because he was a Christian or
Ghandi because he was Hindi or man in the artic region or a woman who lives in south America who never
heard of Islam.  That is because The Quran is the final revelation to us however, guidance started a long
time before Muhammad.

God bless

:peace: 

I have one question that often crosses my mind: While guidance began long before, Muhammad is recognized as the final prophet, as indicated in the Quran, affirming the continuity of God's message. So, who bears the responsibility of spreading this true message after Muhammad? If someone hasn't heard about Islam, does a shared responsibility rest upon those who are aware of it, akin to their responsibility towards their own family, to convey the message within reasonable limits? Or should we simply leave everything to God and refrain from any effort? Will there be any accountability from God o the judgement day, and how severe it is, if any?

"Those to whom We gave the Scripture recognize it as they recognize their [own] sons. But indeed, a party of them conceal the truth while they know [it]." (Quran 2:146)

Furthermore, while it is indeed humble to acknowledge that one is not superior to another individual, isn't it also our responsibility to be aware of those who may be conspiring against Islam, the Quran, or God on a larger scale? Are tyrants no longer present in the world as they were in the times of Moses and the Prophets? Should we not speak out against the obvious injustices? Or is everything I've mentioned not reflective of the principles of What is Islam?

Best Regards,

jkhan

Quote from: Fusion on April 21, 2024, 02:21:25 AMSo, who bears the responsibility of spreading this true message after Muhammad?

Keep it simple bruh... Don't bother about Allahs plan... Mohamed as the messenger of Quran didn't SPREAD the message but he delivered the message withouy fail to his community and whoever it reached through Haj... Once the message is revealed and completed,  be it Tora or Injeel or Quran it whatever, SPREADING is not accountable by an individual but Allah takes the responsibility to GUIDE and EXPLAIN Hid revelations..those who look for it would find what they were looking for...
Even while Mohamed was revealing the Quran, only those who were interested would have got updated and not those who didn't care of revelations..
Message already do exist let people find a way if they look for truth of his life and it's purpose, and for the rest it will remain unknown and never opened book cuz they either satisfied with what they know of orthey not at all interested to know any truth since their priority is confined to worldly life as if it is the ultimate life..

So.. Just relax.. Allahs message is not hidden where no one is reachable.  Just look after yourself and seek guidance and herald what you know of the Book...
Thank you

Note..meanwhile..i am reading the book what you shared.. Mind-blowing.. I shared to many people.. Thank you for that book... I suggest everyone read taking your time.. So simple approach and mostly honest and mostly Righy in my perspective... May Allah bless this great man wherever he is..
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

Fusion

Quote from: jkhan on April 21, 2024, 05:10:30 AMKeep it simple bruh... Don't bother about Allahs plan... Mohamed as the messenger of Quran didn't SPREAD the message but he delivered the message withouy fail to his community and whoever it reached through Haj... Once the message is revealed and completed,  be it Tora or Injeel or Quran it whatever, SPREADING is not accountable by an individual but Allah takes the responsibility to GUIDE and EXPLAIN Hid revelations..those who look for it would find what they were looking for...
Even while Mohamed was revealing the Quran, only those who were interested would have got updated and not those who didn't care of revelations..
Message already do exist let people find a way if they look for truth of his life and it's purpose, and for the rest it will remain unknown and never opened book cuz they either satisfied with what they know of orthey not at all interested to know any truth since their priority is confined to worldly life as if it is the ultimate life..

So.. Just relax.. Allahs message is not hidden where no one is reachable.  Just look after yourself and seek guidance and herald what you know of the Book...
Thank you

In this case, I would like to know the purpose, background and message God wants to tell to believers in following verses: Appreciate to have every ones opinion.

"You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah." (Quran 3:110)
In this verses, is not it that we not only follow God's guidance but also are we not one "nation" for good of all humanity?

"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided." (Quran 16:125)
Unless this verse is time specific and only addressing the Prophet.

I understand that Overall, while the Quran may not use the specific phrase "spread the word of God," it repeatedly emphasizes the responsibility of Muslims to convey the message of Islam and invite others to embrace the faith through their words and actions, No?

[And they are] those who, if We give them authority in the land, establish prayer and give zakah and enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong. And to Allah belongs the outcome of [all] matters." (Quran 22:41)
Even if the concept of Prayer is not intended as ritual, the instructions to the people who faith while oppressed and one day, with the will of God come into power, is to decide affairs for the mass according God's message?

Thank you
Best Regards,

good logic

Peace Fusion.
What other message do you want us to spread?

Invite to GOD s message-Qoran- and live by that message  There is no other message.

" And remind with it..."
Of course some people will not like that and they keep bringing all sorts of "excuses":

" When you  remind with/preach your Lord using Qoran alone , They will run away/revert to their own ways/message."
GOD has not asked us to preach our understanding of it. He alone explains His message.
That is it.
GOD bless you.
Peace

TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Euphoric

It is not Islam it's AL-Islam, that is the title or name of the Deen 3:19, 3:85, 5:3, 6:125, 39:22 that was brought by Muhammad to his people.

Names are not translated.

Only AL-ISLAM is used in the Quran, not islam.

AL-ISLAM did not exist prior to Muhammad. No prophet or messenger is being quoted as bringing AL-ISLAM.

MUSLIM is used both as a name of a group of people and as a description. You need an understanding of Arabic to see the differences in the Quran.

People who followed their prophet or messenger were called Muslims and Mumins. Again, both are used as names and also descriptions and you have to understand Arabic to know the difference.

But none are said to be following AL-ISLAM before Muhammad.

Quote from: jkhan on April 17, 2024, 02:36:30 AMPeace..
What is ISLAM in Quran?  Well.. In my comprehensive understanding of Quran,  ISLAM means a SYSTEM / MECHANISM as DEEN / DIRECTION to adhere those who call themselves believers in their Creator... Yes.

Both AL-ISLAM and AL-QURAN came for Muhammad and his people in their language.

jkhan

Quote from: Euphoric on April 23, 2024, 03:14:19 PMIt is not Islam it's AL-Islam, that is the title or name of the Deen 3:19, 3:85, 5:3, 6:125, 39:22 that was brought by Muhammad to his people.

Names are not translated.

Only AL-ISLAM is used in the Quran, not islam.

AL-ISLAM did not exist prior to Muhammad. No prophet or messenger is being quoted as bringing AL-ISLAM.

MUSLIM is used both as a name of a group of people and as a description. You need an understanding of Arabic to see the differences in the Quran.

People who followed their prophet or messenger were called Muslims and Mumins. Again, both are used as names and also descriptions and you have to understand Arabic to know the difference.

But none are said to be following AL-ISLAM before Muhammad.

Both AL-ISLAM and AL-QURAN came for Muhammad and his people in their language.

The conundrum here is non other but mentality of being an Arab and the Quran being in Arabic, some Arabs ever boasting.

Just because of the reason the definite article AL is placed in front of a word, won't give you the comfort and freedom of calling it as it is without TRANSLATING to another language.. Yes.. Arabs can call AlIslam as their Direction /Deen.. What else they would call? On the contrary, when the Quran / The recitation is translated nothing should be left untranslated unless it is names of a person or place etc.. Every other word should be translated in order for the reader to comprehend in his translated language leaving no confusion .

For instance, AL-FURQAN 2:185 AL-KITAB etc joined with AL and they don't remain as AL-FURQAN for readers in other languages..

Having elucidared that,  I  also refering Al-Islam only which perfectly gives the meaning of The System and not emphasising the other meaning of Islam which is submission /surrendering...

The System / AL islam is not initiated with mohamed and Allah's System for people to follow never changed from Ibrahim . They all followed The System instituted by Allah and it is called in Arabic language AlIslam and it would have been called in other ways by respective prophets' languages?  Why would they call AlIslam while their language is not Arabic?  Even words like Allah or Arrahman,  if the language is different then the wording also different though meaning is same.. Would anyone on this earth call ALLAH OR AARAHMAN or ARRAHEEM except ARABS? but would that mean no previous Messengers ever called ALLAH OR ARRAHMAN OR ARRAHEEM in their language?  What did Sulaiman write at the beginning of his letter?  What did Maryam call Ar'Rahman?  What did Nuh say when embarking in the ship stating in the name of God?  Were all these arabic?

If Allah's  System is same from Ibrahim specifically then why would AlIslam should begin from Mohamed?  What was the Deen/Direction of previous messengers then called ?
Al Islam is just an Arabic word to refer The System..
Muslim is not the one who FOLLOW completely the AL ISLAM / THE SYSTEM.. But Muslim / Submitter has just accepted Allah / The God  in his life without associating others with Him.. Al Islam has nothing to do with just who became a submitter /Muslim.. But indeed AL Islam The System is the Deen / Direction that Muslim has to follow if he wants to be a true Mumin..

Yaqub said to his children in the death bed,  never die except a Muslim / Submitter or Surrerndered person to Allah and they all had The System.. without THE SYSTEM what the heck was revealed in previous Scriptures?  Fancy fairy tales? No sense?

Al Islam / The sound Law OR the System as Deen / Direction is complete 5:3

Arabs pls never change.. Your Deen is AL Islam detailed in Quran.. But know what AlIslam is  because Allah won't accept other than than the Al Islam as Deen.. Ensure what deen you adhere in life.. That's all..
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

Fusion

I see that the discussion is turning towards the linguistic distinctions in understanding the Quranic text, particularly regarding terms like "Islam," "AL-Islam," "Muslim," and "Mumin."
So does this mean that we should pay attention to the importance of linguistic and cultural context (Arabic/Arabs) in interpreting Quran? This could be so for certain specific things but the essence of Quran is to follow the same Deen which has been there since the beginning... is that what you want to convey??

My question to Euphoric with all respect on wording of his statements (and this is for me to understand from where is he coming from and no offence please):

"..it's AL-Islam, that is the title or name of the Deen 3:19, 3:85, 5:3, 6:125, 39:22 that was brought by Muhammad to his people."

"People who followed their prophet or messenger were called Muslims and Mumins....."

Your statements seems to suggest that Muhammad introduced a religion called "Al-Islam" to the Arab people of his time, and now we all follow him(person). However, I respectfully disagree with this assertion. As Muslims, we follow only God (Allah) and His message. We believe that Muhammad is a messenger of God, and his role was to confirm what was already revealed to previous nations and prophets by God. Therefore, it is not accurate to say that Muhammad brought a new religion or "deen." Rather, he conveyed the same fundamental message of monotheism and righteousness that has been reiterated throughout history by various prophets.

قُولُوٓا۟ ءَامَنَّا بِٱللَّهِ وَمَآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْنَا وَمَآ أُنزِلَ إِلَىٰٓ إِبْرَٰهِـۧمَ وَإِسْمَـٰعِيلَ وَإِسْحَـٰقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَٱلْأَسْبَاطِ وَمَآ أُوتِىَ مُوسَىٰ وَعِيسَىٰ وَمَآ أُوتِىَ ٱلنَّبِيُّونَ مِن رَّبِّهِمْ لَا نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍۢ مِّنْهُمْ وَنَحْنُ لَهُۥ مُسْلِمُونَ ١٣٦
Say, ˹O believers,˺ "We believe in Allah and what has been revealed to us; and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and his descendants; and what was given to Moses, Jesus, and other prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them. And to Allah we all submit."

There are several other verses where God has mentioned the name of Mohammad and other prophets by name and explain that it is the same message that he revealed to all of those prophets, implying a universal Deen of Allah.

Best Regards,

Wakas

Simply having "al" in front of a word does not make it a title or name in Arabic.

The meaning of the word is its primary significance, not as a title/name. When Quran relates stories to us of past prophets it relates them to us in Arabic, and it commonly mentions them or their contemporaries using the words "muslim" for example but obviously the past prophets were not speaking Arabic they would have used whatever was the equivalent in their language at the time. Let's say it was "jimmyjambob". Assigning any kind of specialness to "jimmyjambob" then exposes the ridiculousness of treating it as a title first and foremost.

https://misconceptions-about-islam.com/misconception.php?id=41

http://www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm
aslama vb. (4)
perf. act. 2:112, 2:131, 3:20, 3:20, 3:20, 3:83, 4:125, 5:44, 6:14, 27:44, 37:103, 49:14, 49:17, 72:14
impf. act. 6:71, 16:81, 31:22, 40:66, 48:16
impv. 2:131, 22:34, 39:54
n.vb. 3:19, 3:85, 5:3, 6:125, 9:74, 39:22, 49:17, 61:7
pcple. act. 2:128, 2:128, 2:132, 2:133, 2:136, 3:52, 3:64, 3:67, 3:80, 3:84, 3:102, 5:111, 6:163, 7:126, 10:72, 10:84, 10:90, 11:14, 12:101, 15:2, 16:89, 16:102, 21:108, 22:78, 27:31, 27:38, 27:42, 27:81, 27:91, 28:53, 29:46, 30:53, 33:35, 33:35, 39:12, 41:33, 43:69, 46:15, 51:36, 66:5, 68:35, 72:14

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]