News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What do you all think about piracy? Does it seem to be condemned in Islam?

Started by راہد, April 18, 2024, 09:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

راہد

I have a hobby of manga reading, but as I'm not of legal age to work in most places in my country and as such don't have the money to pay for the books themselves, I've been doing it off an aggregator site, which led me to ask myself this question. While it is reading another's work for free, it also doesn't take anything from them, which is why I can't figure out if it applies to verses like 2:188 or not. Anyone else think this over and reach a conclusion?
praise be to GOD the LORD of the WORLDS

Fusion

From a legal standpoint, accessing manga through aggregator sites without proper authorization is generally considered copyright infringement. Ultimately, it's up to each individual to make their own decision and they should be aware if the law of land.
Many aggregator sites host manga scans without proper authorization from the creators or publishers. This violates copyright laws and undermines the rights of the creators. Supporting these sites may contribute to the perpetuation of piracy, which harms the manga industry.

Given your introduction of the Quran into this straightforward legal issue, I would suggest introspecting and reflecting on your own conscience (nafs) before making a decision. The creator has put a moral indicator inside every one. Use it.

Thanks

Best Regards,