News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Emotions, poor arguments, lies, magic...

Started by Fadiva, August 15, 2020, 05:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fadiva

Quote from: Fadiva on August 17, 2020, 07:33:55 AM
Why are you upset?
Isn't lies one of the greatest teacher of truth?
Isn't by recognizing lies shall lead you to recognize truth?

Peace
Because people get fooled and once realized the lie ( if realized) they feel betrayed and some of them tend to generalize and accuse the whole community or ethnic group in which is the liar.
Not everyone knows how to separate things.
It's a waste of time and energy.
Deliberate and "useless" lies causes harm. (depends on what we consider as useless, but for example for a group of believer of one religion, they are supposed to know the rules. If they know them clearly and deberately break it for no reason they are hypocrites.  The reduction of cognitive dissonance  has still a bright future ahead of it....)

That's a good approach,and a good question to start, what is a jin?
Have you found the answer to this?

Not something clear to me and not important in my life ( i 'm not looking for them  ;D).

Personal Experience: I realized one of my greatest mistake by pondering back to the basic: what is islam?

Yes, it's important to go to the basis.

And now I'm moving the lever back to the most basic level by pondering: what or who am I? Do I even exist?

Biologically ? psychically ? both ? Are we defining us with or feelings or more likely with our sens or both ? We need comparisons ( we tend also to define us comparing ourselves to other animals, or with our beliefs).
Do you exist ?
Depends on what you call "existence" or what you believe about it.
Personally I never asked myself if I exist. I exist,

Don't be afraid to be 'wrong' as through finding many 'wrong' you shall arrived at 'correct'.
That is actually the fundamental approach of scientific method.
Came up with hypothesis, test it, came up with another hypothesis, test it..

I know, I agree.

Should start with the basic then: What is Black Magic?

Should be asked for by the people who give black magic as a reason to their "misfortune".
Maybe it's more comfortable to "find" (actually not find just assumed) an external reason to question yourself.

Don't judge it as 'bad', but try to understand the 'why'.

I said bad because according to my understanding of what is a muslim, a muslim should  not act like this. I was talking of a particular group of people not the humankind.

Why people lie to convince someone to enter his religion?
Because people believe in his religion, like mentioned above, a believe requires confirmation from others..

If muslim, no. But it's a human behaviour maybe... ::)

Why people lie to counter argue?
Because people identify him/herself to his/her opinion and his/her religion. Thus he/she sees any argumentation proposed against his/her opinion or his/her religion as an 'attack' to his/her own very existence. The argument then are being seen as a 'threat'. And any 'threat' need to be eliminated to ensure one's survival, through any means, including by eliminating the subject who proposed such argument.

A coward's way...
And finally turns against them. Thanks God there are people who find easily the lies

It's very easy to detect lies coming from other people, compared to lies coming from ourselves.

Depends on how is the person: weak or coward or strong and patient

By detecting lies and falsehood coming from other people, which we can easily detect.
We should continue to tackle the difficult part; we then check whether similar lies and falsehood also exist within our own thoughts.
This is called 'self introspection'.

Right.

That is why liars are our greatest teacher to find lies and falsehood within ourselves.
By detecting the lies within ourselves we will then eventually find the truth.
Thus liars are our greatest teachers to eventually find out the truth.

I disagree. Lies are not teachers but failures can be "teaching".

in red: I meant a muslim sholud not act like this ( i have forgotten a word.)

Fadiva

Quote from: Cerberus on August 17, 2020, 06:22:53 PM
Some people are born in a belief system, others join it looking for comfort. But it's the quality of one's thoughts that make for good or bad behavior. And really "good" or "bad" behavior simply comes down to logical or illogical, reasonable or unreasonable.

Yes, they also join it because they think it's true.

I think it's more complicated than that...

And here i was pointing mainly believers who know from the Book(s)( I mean the Book(s) from God) that the way there are acting is "bad" and causes harm.

spodacus

Salam Fadiva,

My humble understanding is we should not worry about people getting fooled or misguided by tricksters. No matter what tricks a disbeliever play, they can not fool Allah. And Allah is the one who guides and misguides. Therefore, if a person is already misguided by Allah then that person will fall prey to all the tricksters. If a person is guided, then no matter what the trickster does, they can not be fooled. Allah gives people many chances in their life to come to his path before they are marked as misguided, people are not as innocent as they appear. We do not know what they hold in their soul. So don't focus on people being misguided, that is Allah's business, let us focus on if we OURSELVES are misguided or not, it is very hard to self reflect on ourselves.

Also the one who gets fooled becomes the trickster himself. For example when a parent teaches the child that Jesus is God (when the Quran says that believing such a thing is one of the most worst thing, the world shakes), then the parent has become a trickster to the child. No matter how much the parent love and care for the child, the parent is actually a curse once they teach the child such a wrong thing.

Jafar

Quote from: Fadiva on August 18, 2020, 12:20:25 PM
in red: I meant a muslim sholud not act like this ( i have forgotten a word.)

What is muslim?
A label? a name? an identity? a club that people can join and leave?