News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Fellow females, do any of you still wear the hijab

Started by Sarah, June 20, 2019, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

good logic

This is my story from the holidays I take with the Tuaregs on the border of Algeria and Mali..
I like to spend time (two weeks, sometimes more) with these wonderful people, and I am now accustomed to their dress code.Both men and women wear some kind of hijab.This has nothing to do with religion, it is to do with the harsh climate especially the sand storms.
This is to protect all the body and especially the face .
I feel comfortable in a robe(men s )and a turban with a face cover where only the eyes are uncovered, sometimes even the eyes are covered with a see thriugh cloth face cover ( part of the hijab/turban).

Their story is the same story of hundreds of generations experience before them of the Sahara climate and its survival.

The hijab compliments the way of life over there and is necessary regardless of the religion or its requirements.
Obviously, Qoran "modest dress" requirement is open to interpretations and traditions.
I do not think the hijab is necessary in some parts of the world where the dress code is different . GOD wants us to be "modest" not uncomfortable or odd. Also is it necessary?
Obviously, it is also a choice for most individuals. Those that are forced, the simple fact for them is they are controlled and oppressed in most cases also.
In a way it is wrong to take GOD s freedom of choice from individuals if they do not affect others and they are not corrupt or bad.
GOD bless you all.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Amra94

So 24:60 says that even within the household it is better to refrain from removing garments. With all the details about dress code it seems like covering up more is always the way to go.

Amra94

Quote from: good logic on June 28, 2020, 08:34:39 AM
This is my story from the holidays I take with the Tuaregs on the border of Algeria and Mali..
I like to spend time (two weeks, sometimes more) with these wonderful people, and I am now accustomed to their dress code.Both men and women wear some kind of hijab.This has nothing to do with religion, it is to do with the harsh climate especially the sand storms.
This is to protect all the body and especially the face .
I feel comfortable in a robe(men s )and a turban with a face cover where only the eyes are uncovered, sometimes even the eyes are covered with a see thriugh cloth face cover ( part of the hijab/turban).

Their story is the same story of hundreds of generations experience before them of the Sahara climate and its survival.

The hijab compliments the way of life over there and is necessary regardless of the religion or its requirements.
Obviously, Qoran "modest dress" requirement is open to interpretations and traditions.
I do not think the hijab is necessary in some parts of the world where the dress code is different . GOD wants us to be "modest" not uncomfortable or odd. Also is it necessary?
Obviously, it is also a choice for most individuals. Those that are forced, the simple fact for them is they are controlled and oppressed in most cases also.
In a way it is wrong to take GOD s freedom of choice from individuals if they do not affect others and they are not corrupt or bad.
GOD bless you all.
Peace.
Hijabis are only uncomfortable because of rude people and who cares if it's odd to disbelievers. Judgmental Christian's are hypocrites they depict Mary with a hijab.

good logic

Peace Amra94.
Thank you for youe comment sister.
I have heard both sides from women. Some find it comfortable others find it restrictive.
It is up to individuals.
When I covered my face during my visits to Africa, I found it necessary and useful.
I cretainly would not judge anyone on what they choose to wear.
When it comes to dressing styles I will only argue for modesty and covering private parts. I do not consider  head, arms or some parts of the legs as priivate parts,
But individuals are free to cover what they choose to cover.
As far as I know GOD has instructed modesty and respect from both sexes and left some choice of details,style and fashions of clothes up to us in Qoran.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Amra94

Quote from: good logic on June 28, 2020, 11:47:35 AM
Peace Amra94.
Thank you for youe comment sister.
I have heard both sides from women. Some find it comfortable others find it restrictive.
It is up to individuals.
When I covered my face during my visits to Africa, I found it necessary and useful.
I cretainly would not judge anyone on what they choose to wear.
When it comes to dressing styles I will only argue for modesty and covering private parts. I do not consider  head, arms or some parts of the legs as priivate parts,
But individuals are free to cover what they choose to cover.
As far as I know GOD has instructed modesty and respect from both sexes and left some choice of details,style and fashions of clothes up to us in Qoran.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Peace, it depends on how you wear it cause hijabis are out there doing all kinds of physical activities without feeling restricted. There are many styles that are more comfortable.
And I dont think modesty is only about covering private parts because 24:60 is telling older women they can remove their garments. If garments means regular t shirt and shorts then relaxing their dress code even more isnt really possible without revealing private parts. Garment is probably some kind of abaya type thing with regular clothing underneath.

Cerberus

I see a lot of talks about what to wear but rarely about what is modesty ? As if the concept of modesty is truly understood, and all that is left now is to put on some clothes to achieve it.

good logic

Modesty is a mind thing first and foremost.
The best clothing one can put on is on the intention of the mind. What Qoran calls "Libass Attaqwa"

If the mind is dressed right, the body will dress modestly.
GOD bless.
Peace.

Sania Haque

Quote from: Sarah on June 20, 2019, 02:39:00 PM
Peace,

If you do, why? If not and you used to wear it, how did you find transitioning into a non-hijab wearer? Was it hard? Did you feel exposed the first weeks? do you ever miss wearing it? Do people treat you differently now that you don't wear it?

I do. Although i converted very recently so i donot know what the future holds for me. My choice of wearing niqab was my own, although my father did use to force me, i wasn't the one to comply. But in my teenage years i did get closer to Allah and then forced my dad to get me a niqab, although my dad just wanted me to wear niqab. I dont think i am going to give it up since i am very accustomed to it but I am jist relieved that now there's pressure on me. Obviously i wasn't able to observe hijab everywhere like in wedding ceremony and family gathering and i always thought i am sinning so badlyz I'll go to hell. Plus no natter how much I loved hijab, I also longed to wear some modern dress as well, but you know how sunnism is, with their dresscode concerning women, wear a tent and a full face mask. Now I am just excited to try some of the dresses i have been dying to wear. Just yesterday i was getting ready to go out and trying to get my hijab right because some strands of hair were out. All of a sudden it hit me that it didn't matter whether my hair was showing ot not. Allah didn't care about it. I left those few strands as they were. I did panic a few times when i again realised that my hair was out of my hijab then I reassured myself that it was okay. Of course i cannot get rid of the internalised fear and panic in one day but in sha allah I have a long future ahead if myself to get used to a free life

Sania Haque

Quote from: Amra94 on June 28, 2020, 11:11:33 AM
Hijabis are only uncomfortable because of rude people and who cares if it's odd to disbelievers. Judgmental Christian's are hypocrites they depict Mary with a hijab.

No it's uncomfortable. Even women in islamic countries also say it's uncomfortable. Do you realize how hard it is to wear hijab in a hot weather. I have developed acne around my neck and shoulder area because of it. Even when you are with people who accept you, you feel odd and left out. It is an outdated clothing, so some women find it restrictive