News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Hobbies

Started by SarahY, February 19, 2007, 05:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SarahY

I've used soap and water but still it doesn't take it all out... not for me. I'm not sure what tupine tine or lin seed oil is... where can you get them from?

Do you know much of acrylic paint?
We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

tanveermd

khalil

Quote from: Sarah on February 23, 2007, 01:49:47 AM
I've used soap and water but still it doesn't take it all out... not for me. I'm not sure what tupine tine or lin seed oil is... where can you get them from?

All art shops carry Turpintine and Linceed oil, but if there aren't any art shops you can easily pick up Turpintine at a hardware store.

QuoteDo you know much of acrylic paint?

I am not really a fan of it because when I used it it dried too quick (I don't know if all acrylic paints dry like this) while oil can literally stay wet for years or a week. But nah I dont know much about it.

If you don't have access to open windows then acrylic is better because the oil fumes are strong. When painting with oil, just get a jar and put in about an inch of turpintine or linceed oil and then dip your brushes in there to clean them, and have a cloth on the side to remove all the excess turpintine as a result, you can also thin down the oil paints with a light dab or two (as you try this you'll find the amount comes naturally) of the turpintine on your brush.

What are you painting on, a canvas or canvas paper?
Initiator of morning and Maker of the night to reside in; and the sun and the moon for counting.  - 6:96

If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good. - Dr.Seus ??

SarahY

Thanks Tanveer for the links :)

I tried painting with oil once.. I didn't like it so much because it didn't clean the brush so well.. and it was somewhat dry and water ain't going to make it more runny and it took for every to dry! that's right takes long to dry.. 

I normally paint with gauche because that's what I am used to I'm going to be painting straight onto a canvas so I pray it turns out well :D haven't decided what to do yet.

We all have blind spots.

BOOST

you're so creative with the bead work sis!

show us your painting if you can when you're finished with it  :)

SarahY

Everyone has their own skills and talents its' all a matter of practice and interest. Inshallah when I finish I'll take a photo and upload it, thought I'm still yet to decide what to do.. I have one idea though I think it may be a little tricky anyway I might start the drawing :D

We all have blind spots.

Haroon

I like listening to music and watching films. That is my hobby!

SarahY

I think that is almost everyone's hobby :P what type of music/movies are you into?
We all have blind spots.

Haroon

movies. well.

here's some stuff I watched that I love

The Matrix (all 3)
Heat
Oldboy
Spirited Away
Batman Begins
The Usual Suspects
Hero

I like good Indie flicks, plus a lot of foreign films and i love Hayao Miyazaki's animation.

As for music. I love whatever I can get my hands on

Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Outkast
Common
A Tribe Called Quest
PJ Harvey
Bjork
De La Soul
K-OS
Sufjan Stevens
Stevie Wonder
Donny Hathaway

Haroon

this is just a small amount of the stuff i'm into.

I used to spend all my spare time as a university student in the cinema. Plus i always listen to my iPod when I'm walking!

What kind of movies and music are you into?