News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

how do you explain the paranormal?

Started by ay, February 18, 2007, 06:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ay

Peace all,

2 nights ago, I was staying with a friend and I was woken up by her scream, and she was huddled in the corner of the room terrified.  When asked what was wrong... she just said sorry i thought I saw a black cat.
So she calms down and we go back to sleep, and a bit later, I wake up terrified.  There was a presence in the room (nothing physical) it was black, and pure evil.  I couldnt move to wake up my friend to see if she felt it too. I was just paralysed out of fear.  It was the most unsettling thing I have ever felt.

I let it go, and put it down to a dream or something but it felt too real to be a dream! What the hell? Does the quran talk about paranormal things like this? has it ever happened to anyone else?
if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor

Layth

Peace,

That `presence` in my opinoin was an intellegent being known in the Quran as Jinn.

I have had the very same experience as well as my wife several times. It is a definite presence and you can even point to the place where that presence is standing - like energy.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Tay

Peace ay, Layth,

What you experienced was an "out of body experience" (oobe), well, atleast partially. You were half-dreaming and half-awake, thus, the 2 worlds sort of meshed temporarily. This is one step way from the lucid state, where you're conscious while in lala-land. Your body is asleep, hence the feeling of paralysis.

The freaky thing about lucid dreaming is that you're in complete control. So, if you "wake up" while halfway there, then your body being paralysed will freak you out and your fear will manifest that which you fear. The next time this happens, remember to relax and think of beautiful, warm thoughts, and I guarantee you that "presence" you felt will be phenomenal.

btw, OOBE's can be induced with practice. A simple chanting to yourself as your falling asleep will keep the consciousness awake and start the lucid dream. There's plenty of research done on the topic if you're interested in further exploration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

Peace,
Tay
And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while they are passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do. [27:88]

ay

peace tay, layth!

Tay: I am very interested in lucid dreaming so thanks for the link (and am working on mastering the technique  :) lol), however I am not sure that is what it was... you say that i couldnt move because my body was still asleep and thats what freaked me out so my fear manifested itself into that which i fear the most - but the only reason i realised i couldnt move was because i was already so scared because i could feel something in the room with me which was evil (i cant think of another way to describe it) and so only then did i try to move to wake my friend...
and i think an out of body experience is different to lucid dreams - ive had one of those before where i was floated up and was watching myself from above! it was very bizzarre!

Layth: yes it was like an energy - a very bad one though! can humans sense jinn? the quran talks about them but it doesnt mention that they can interact with us does it?

if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor

Elke

Peace ay

it happended to me twice.

Once it was a very bad energy (or whatever). I had been sleeping when my husband cam into the room. I woke up, seeing him on the other side of the bed, with an evil green creature just behind him, trying to grasp him. I never was that afraid in my whole life, suffocating in fear but absolutely unable to talk and prevent him...until i really woke up. So for sure i was in a state in between, saw my husband for real and may be a creature from my dreams... dunno, it was really scary anyway.

The second time it was not scary, but rather strange. The presence was rather white light.
I was with a friend when it came into the room, from the roof by pushing the door ! My friend, rather used to this kind of intrusions just said "hello"...i was more like  :&
Funny thing, though, even my son (then 7 years old) saw it the next day. I understood when he asked my what was this strange white light on the roof. He asked "mommy, does light walk around ?"
The presence though has not been spotted since and to tell you the truth, i'm rather relieved...

lk
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery ; none but ourselves can free our minds"
(Bob Marley, Redemption Song)

jaythikay99

Peace all,

Have you ever noticed why mostly children and women see such kind of things?  :rotfl:

Elke

QuoteHave you ever noticed why mostly children and women see such kind of things?  rotfl

peace rasulhamza

let me precise, in my story above, my friend is very MALE and he's the one used to meeting such creatures or to having such sensations/visions   :whatever:..It only happened to me twice in my life.

U sure you're not a little misogynist ?
Your problem anyway.

Elke
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery ; none but ourselves can free our minds"

savage_carrot

Whoa Elke, that's quite a strange couple of incidents. My daughter when she was 4-5, saw this smokelike thing slither in her room when she called me and said that there was something smokey in her room on the ceiling and it just stayed there and then went away. She asked me what it was doing there, I didn't have an answer for her but told her that it was probably just resting before it went to get some candy for her, she was quite happy with the answer while I stayed on guard if it did return with the candy, didn't see it though... :D She wasn't worried at all though, very matter of fact about it. You gotta love that about kids.

Peace
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

Elke

Peace savage,

my son was not that matter of fact about it, may be because he was older then and already understood there was something not very "real". He seemed quite disturbed and perplexed so in order not to scare him, i told him it must have been a flashlight from one of the nearby buildings... but, the next day when i found myself alone at night - i was the one to be afraid lol

lk

Tay

Peace ay,

QuoteTay: I am very interested in lucid dreaming so thanks for the link (and am working on mastering the technique   lol), however I am not sure that is what it was...

No problem on the link. I actually read a book years ago called "30 Days to an Out of Body Experience" lol. Anyway, I lent it to a friend and then to another friend. I asked them about their experiences with it, individually. To my surprise, they both explained very similar experiences.

Quoteyou say that i couldnt move because my body was still asleep and thats what freaked me out so my fear manifested itself into that which i fear the most - but the only reason i realised i couldnt move was because i was already so scared because i could feel something in the room with me which was evil (i cant think of another way to describe it) and so only then did i try to move to wake my friend...

Yes, this is the halfway state. I have a good friend who goes through this all the time. His brother as well. Your mind was in reality and dream world at the same time while your body just sleeps. It doesn't necessarily have to be your apparent paralysis that freaks you out - it's just often the case. But whatever you may have been dreaming is still there in the "real world",  that is until you *reboot*.

Quoteand i think an out of body experience is different to lucid dreams - ive had one of those before where i was floated up and was watching myself from above! it was very bizzarre!

I believe they are 2 levels, if you will, of the same plane. In both cases, you can manifest whatever you want, go wherever you want, do whatever you want, visit whomever you want, etc. The world is yours. BTW, what you experienced floating up and watching yourself was the exact same thing my friends experienced after reading the book. They went on to explain that they tried to go through the ceiling and were overwhelmed by a sense of fear and a tremendous "flapping" sound - like lots of paper being violently shaken simultaneously. The fact that they both expressed this individually without knowing the other's experience really solidified it in my mind. I never experienced it firsthand, but have taken control of my dreams (lucid). That was awesome!!

I'd love to hear more about your experience with OOBE's.

Peace,
Tay
And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while they are passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do. [27:88]

jaythikay99

Quote from: Elke on March 28, 2007, 05:11:20 AM
peace rasulhamza
let me precise, in my story above, my friend is very MALE and he's the one used to meeting such creatures or to having such sensations/visions   :whatever:..It only happened to me twice in my life.
U sure you're not a little misogynist ?
Your problem anyway.
Elke

Peace Elke

I am sure I cannot be a misogynistic. The world is colorless without women. :handshake:  My problem is why cant I see such things and I am a bit jealous i think.  :pr

Now, why these things happen and people who claim that do they lie? I dont say they lie. It is the programming of our mind done by our cultural beliefs about these things. I believe our brain can produce electrical pulses to send them to the vision centre of brain and make us see which actually doesn't exist in reality. Our brain is so powerful even scientist do not know more than 2% of it.

Peace all, Hamsa

Elke

Peace rasulhamza

don't be jealous, lol, you never know what exactly is waiting for you out there...
As for myself, i rather not have such experiences anymore. I'm not a fearful person at all when it comes to real life situations, but this just scares the hell out of me!

elke

savage_carrot

Quote from: ElkeI'm not a fearful person at all when it comes to real life situations, but this just scares the hell out of me!

I so agree, while laying there with my daughter sleeping peacefully, I was a bit perturbed as to what exactly was to be done if it did come back, thinking of asking it some questions, like the basics...so how does it feel to be a smokey lifeform and other assorted stuff. I was quite happy I didn't see it.  :peace:

BOOST

Peace Be Upon You All

Has anyone had the feeling that someone or something is attacking you in bed? I get that quite frequently. Sunnis call it a certain jinn i forgot the name they told me it was. But it was a jinn that tries to choke you or something. But what i get is more than choking its more like something violent and sexual.

And unfortunately it always happens to me while i'm in between sleep state and awake state so i can't seem to get up and feel paralyzed. I'm always struggling to move because i know as soon as i move it'll be gone.

An American metaphysical new-agey dude told me there are some type of spirits that assault women. I dunno .. all sounds like alot of hocus pokus to me but i don't dismiss it entirely. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced it. Apparently alot of women do.

savage_carrot

Peace Boost,

I've read about this, I think they call those 'spirits' incubbi or something...I don't really buy that as I think there might be other more valid reasons for it occurring. It never happened to me but maybe someone else can shed some more light on this.

TheNabi

Peace Boost

Maybe you stop breathing in your sleep and your body automatically jumps as it gasps for air so the feeling is that maybe something is attacking you.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

BOOST

PEace Be Upon You

Thanks sis SC that is the name he told me of ... yea i don't know if i believe all that but its weird that alot of women experience the same thing!

Nah bro Nabi i can feel someone or something on me so its not just that i can't breathe... like it feels like someone is taking advantage of me and i can't move to stop it. but i know once i can move it will go away. i learned that once i can move it goes away... but i'm still paralyzed from whatever enzyme it is that is released so i can't move! it feels really trapping and i stay like that for like a good 5 or 10 minutes until i can get myself to open my eyes or move.... its really weird

jaythikay99

Peace all,

It happend to me once some 8 years ago as I never blieve in such conjecture of spirites and jinn things, so I went to the Dr who explained me what actually happend. I try to explain whatever I remember.

All parts of our body, including the muscles and the brain, depend on the breathing muscles and the circulation working together to deliver the oxygen needed by all body cells and to remove the carbon dioxide produced by all body cells.The part of our body that is the most sensitive to lack of oxygen is our brain. If the brain is deprived of oxygen for a few minutes, parts of the brain can be permanently damaged. If oxygen deprivation continues, the person can become "brain dead". So the part of our brian which control our breathing do not let us hold our breath for too long.

Our breathing consists of a regular rhythm of alternately inhaling air into the lungs and exhaling air out from the lungs. Like all our body diaphragm as receive signals from the brain to contract to inhale air into the lungs and relaxes so air is pushed out of the lungs. Thus, breathing depends on rhythmic contraction and relaxation of the diaphragm. When this rhythm disturbed and diaphragm relax for longer time than its usuall brian dont get proper oxygen as a result brian stop sending signals to the body and burden you feel is the automatic system fo brian to restore the regular rhuthm of breathing. It happens even less than half a second.

ThNabi is right its all related to breath!

Peace all, Hamsa

Fadiva

Quote from: Elke on March 27, 2007, 11:10:21 AM
Peace ay

it happended to me twice.

Once it was a very bad energy (or whatever). I had been sleeping when my husband cam into the room. I woke up, seeing him on the other side of the bed, with an evil green creature just behind him, trying to grasp him. I never was that afraid in my whole life, suffocating in fear but absolutely unable to talk and prevent him...until i really woke up. So for sure i was in a state in between, saw my husband for real and may be a creature from my dreams... dunno, it was really scary anyway.

The second time it was not scary, but rather strange. The presence was rather white light.
I was with a friend when it came into the room, from the roof by pushing the door ! My friend, rather used to this kind of intrusions just said "hello"...i was more like  :&
Funny thing, though, even my son (then 7 years old) saw it the next day. I understood when he asked my what was this strange white light on the roof. He asked "mommy, does light walk around ?"
The presence though has not been spotted since and to tell you the truth, i'm rather relieved...

lk

I'm aware that this testimony was posted several years ago. But I just wanted to share a quite similar experience.
A white light  near the ceiling, quite intense (no it wasn't the light bulb 😁). It was in the night, when I woke up. It was not something similar as sleep paralysis, as a ever experienced this. Not dreaming too. I was sure to be awake : I saw it, it lasted a few seconds and disappeared. I was afraid because it was new and strange to me. I switched on the lamp, then went to the toilet. Then returned to my room and hesitate to turn off the light (because still afraid). But I turned it off relying on the protection of Allah.

I really have no idea what was it even trying to find "rational" explaination, unless it was a hallucination.

To the question how do you explain paranormal, it depends on what is paranormal or how it is experienced. Some people though they experienced it while it was found rational explanation.
We can't pull all the experiences in the same basket.

Allaho a3lem.