News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Has code 19 ever given insight into Al Quran? If so, please post it here...

Started by Wakas, September 01, 2010, 07:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alen

Quote from: exodus on September 03, 2010, 05:26:20 AM
Yes, as like as what you did in 74:31. Can you point me a verse which we can find the exact number of the guardians? In short, how did you know that number of guardians is 19?

Is this just "a test for those who have rejected" like what mentioned in 74:31 exactly?

Peace.

Peace,
Resspect.

And who are those who have rejected is not as important as what did they reject.
I'm not rejecting anything or anyone.
Do you?

Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

exodus

Quote from: Alen on September 03, 2010, 05:52:19 AM
And who are those who have rejected is not as important as what did they reject.
I'm not rejecting anything or anyone.
Do you?

It had seemed to me that you are trying to argue for "rejecting 19"..If it is not true, then sorry..

Peace.
And they say, "We believe in!". But how could it be possible from that distant place? (34:52)

Alen

Quote from: exodus on September 03, 2010, 06:07:07 AM
It had seemed to me that you are trying to argue for "rejecting 19"..If it is not true, then sorry..

Peace.

Peace,
Respect.

I was just saying that 19 is what it is - a number. It's just another number and similar thing happened to me last year when I literally saw and heard number three everywhere. On people's shirts, on cars, streets, everywhere, I realized that I didn't see number three everywhere, I was in fact looking, searching for it. Then I stopped.

Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

Ayisha

Quote from: exodus on September 03, 2010, 05:26:20 AM
Can you point me a verse which we can find the exact number of the guardians?
In short, how did you know that number of guardians is 19?

Peace.
??? coz it says so in Quran 74.30-31  ???
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

Wakas

Quote from: exodus on September 03, 2010, 04:39:17 AM
No way, could your translators able to explain who was that "a witness from Children of Israel"? If it was The Qur'an itself what witnessed on here, isn't it strange that why there is only one witness here?

It seems to refer to a messenger/prophet from children of israel, e.g. Moses. Also, it is past tense, perfect verbs etc so your explanation does not fit. See M. Asad's notes, explains it quite well.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

exodus

Quote from: Ayisha on September 03, 2010, 07:25:33 AM
??? coz it says so in Quran 74.30-31  ???

Actually, familiar people understood what I intend to be understood.

74:30 Over it is nineteen

Here is just a single number, not a crowd of something.
And they say, "We believe in!". But how could it be possible from that distant place? (34:52)

exodus

Quote from: Wakas on September 03, 2010, 08:03:55 AM
It seems to refer to a messenger/prophet from children of israel, e.g. Moses. Also, it is past tense, perfect verbs etc so your explanation does not fit. See M. Asad's notes, explains it quite well.

Are you sure that, witness of Moses can fit here? Who talking with us in 46:10, gives us an argument of someone's witness. Can Moses's witness be argument for us? How do we check this? But we can check witness of Rabi Juda's experiment with 19 in the 12th century.

Peace.

Ayisha

Quote from: exodus on September 03, 2010, 08:09:26 AM
Actually, familiar people understood what I intend to be understood.

74:30 Over it is nineteen

Here is just a single number, not a crowd of something.
i did say verses 30 and 31

74.31 And We have set none but angels as Guardians of the Fire; and We have fixed their number only as a trial for Unbelievers,- in order that the People of the Book may arrive at certainty, and the Believers may increase in Faith,- and that no doubts may be left for the People of the Book and the Believers, and that those in whose hearts is a disease and the Unbelievers may say, "What symbol doth Allah intend by this?" Thus doth Allah leave to stray whom He pleaseth, and guide whom He pleaseth: and none can know the forces of thy Lord, except He and this is no other than a warning to mankind

So there is your 'crowd' of Guardian Angels guarding the fire of hell

exodus

Quote from: Ayisha on September 03, 2010, 09:03:55 AM
i did say verses 30 and 31

74.31 And We have set none but angels as Guardians of the Fire; and We have fixed their number only as a trial for Unbelievers,- in order that the People of the Book may arrive at certainty, and the Believers may increase in Faith,- and that no doubts may be left for the People of the Book and the Believers, and that those in whose hearts is a disease and the Unbelievers may say, "What symbol doth Allah intend by this?" Thus doth Allah leave to stray whom He pleaseth, and guide whom He pleaseth: and none can know the forces of thy Lord, except He and this is no other than a warning to mankind

So there is your 'crowd' of Guardian Angels guarding the fire of hell

Yes, i did see what you said and I know what you mean. But you didn't understand what i mean..I mean 74:31 is just mentioning about "their count".. and there is no any evidence for their count should be 19. We can't argue that guardians' count is 19 depending on 74:30.

Peace.

Ayisha

Quote from: exodus on September 03, 2010, 09:16:25 AM
Yes, i did see what you said and I know what you mean. But you didn't understand what i mean..I mean 74:31 is just mentioning about "their count".. and there is no any evidence for their count should be 19. We can't argue that guardians' count is 19 depending on 74:30.

Peace.

74.31 is mentioning the count (number) that is referred to in the previous verse of which the number (count) is 19. Pretty obvious to me, surprised you cant see that 

One would be stupid to argue the count of the guardians is 19 from just using verse 30 and not reading further. All verse 30 says is 'over it are 19' and an intelligent person would read on and see that 19 are the number of the guardians over the fire, which would then assure you that the 'it' in verse 30 is hell and the 19 are the guardians of it.

can you take any book and read one sentence and get the whole meaning of the book? I think not.