News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Intelligent sunni Muslims

Started by Sarah, January 19, 2021, 08:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Peace

Why do intelligent sunni Muslims such as Mohammed Hijab not question the validity of hadith? He always points out things such as inconsistencies, contradictions etc. in arguments so why can't people like him do the same for hadith?
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Layth

Peace,

Because understanding the Quran has nothing to do with intelligence, but everything to do with purity of heart & mind from polytheism.

"None can grasp it but the pure" (56:79)
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

good logic

What is intelligence?

Real intelligence is to start to see things from the heart not the "brain".
To me, intelligence of the ego is foolishness.
Abraham used his GOD given intelligence to search for his creator and submit to  HIM.

We cannot possibly know who is intelligent  and who is not by GOD s definition and knowledge.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

hawk99

Quote from: Layth on January 20, 2021, 01:50:55 AM
Peace,

Because understanding the Quran has nothing to do with intelligence, but everything to do with purity of heart & mind from polytheism.

"None can grasp it but the pure" (56:79)

I agree

Sister Sarah don't conflate cultural devotion with intelligence.

:peace:                                                                 
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Amra94

In a video where this guy asks him why the prophet married an 8 year old he was like "first of all she was 9." Smh like it makes a difference. And then went on about how the Quran doesnt prohibit child marriage etc. People like him always trying to make Quran look bad when defending their hadiths.
He may appear smart to people in this life but most of his knowledge is falsehood. Most follow falsehood so they consider what he says smart.

tutti_frutti

salam

i would like to please share my understanding about 56:79

the word as per my understanding is "touch" and not "grasp/understand" ...

i understand that the verse is a commandment that non should touch the Book except the clean/purified as per wudu (5:6)

so personally, i do not touch the Quran or read from it unless i do wudu as per 5:6

peace

good logic

Peace.
Quote  from brother tf:
"so personally, i do not touch the Quran or read from it unless i do wudu as per 5:6"

5:6 has nothing to do with touching Qoran. Its subject is "the salat".
What you say is not from Qoran,it is hadith based.

I agree with the explanation of Layth.. The pure in heart will have access to it.

Coming back to intelligence, if it has to do with winning argument to mislead people, then Iblees is the most intelligent of creatures.
Iblees managed to mislead Adam to change from the perfect position of existence in GOD s kingdom into the worse existence to live here on earth.
Iblees  used his intelligence and won the argument. So what is the big deal about being intelligent from our prospective?
GOD bless you all.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

tutti_frutti

salam good logic

it is not "hadith based"

i am translating the word literaly as i understand it

i understand the word means "touch" so that is exactly how i will understand it The God willing

and i will not risk it just to be "different" and start intepreting where there is no need to
(the way i read the Quran is that i take the Book literally and do not interpret)

unless my arabic is bad ... i think the word means "touch" ... so why not understand it as "touch"?? why intepret?? touch means touch

and "clean" i believe means wudu as we are told to do wudu before "salat" ... and i think "salat" is physical prayer and reading/studying the Quran from sunset all the way to dawn + a middle prayer on day of gathering

what do we do in "salat"? i believe in salat we engage in prostration and sujud to pray and implore for help, forgiveness, ...  and to glorify The Creator and we also read from the Quran ...
so by deduction (not interpretation) i believe "clean" means wudu

so i do wudu before i touch or read from the Quran

:)

peace

Sarah

Peace

Thanks for the answers.

@Layth, I guess those who seek purity and truth tend to find it. Great point.

@Good logic, You make a good point on the definition of intelligence especially in the eyes of God. There are different types of intelligence and I was referring to book smarts.

@Hawk, it's not his 'cultural devotion' which makes him intelligent, it's his book smarts. He knows all these various facts which he brings up in arguments. He mentions so many books he's read, can quote from the top of his head, he's articulate, his terminology is expansive and he's great at arguing with atheists. He also seems to have a good amount of interpersonal skills since he's much more pleasant to watch and listen to in terms of his behaviour than some of the other Sunni Muslims at Speaker's Corner. That's why I wonder why someone like him can't see through hadith.

'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

hawk99

Quote from: tutti_frutti on January 20, 2021, 02:49:00 PM
salam good logic

so i do wudu before i touch or read from the Quran

:)

peace

Peace tutti frutti, when you recite Quran from memory do you make wudu first?

:peace:

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden