About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

:: Was Muhammed name of a Prophet? ::

Started by mmkhan, September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Chimp

Quote from: zone on June 01, 2013, 02:19:00 PM
Peace The_Chimp.

This is my last post to you. Are you offended when i highlighted that you are a typical sunni character calling others stupid, ignorant and meaningless when someone present something different from the traditional belief. That is the remarks you made in this thread. I am sure it must be based on your knowledge and wisdom. So I am among the stupid, ignorant, supporter of falsehood. I am okay with that. What else have I not been called by sunnis? Kafr, satan, the demolisher of truth. I am sure when they said this it is not baseless. It must be from the knowledge that they have, the mastery of religion and the Arabic language and the voice of the majority one billion people. If it is true I deserve it. So what?

Mr Zone,

QuoteAre you offended when i highlighted that you are a typical sunni character calling others stupid, ignorant and meaningless when someone present something different from the traditional belief. That is the remarks you made in this thread.

Where? Do point it out. This is simply shows your prejudice. And that is it. I have highlighted several dishonest statements of yours. And you have not bothered to answer. You did not bother to read the thread or follow the argument. Just had a go at me! So, you have no room to talk.

QuoteI am sure it must be based on your knowledge and wisdom. So I am among the stupid, ignorant, supporter of falsehood. I am okay with that.

Yes. You have ventured to support falsehood. I have proved it. And now you are turning around trotting off. Good luck

QuoteWhat else have I not been called by sunnis? Kafr, satan, the demolisher of truth. I am sure when they said this it is not baseless. It must be from the knowledge that they have, the mastery of religion and the Arabic language and the voice of the majority one billion people. If it is true I deserve it. So what?

What makes you think I care what others have been calling you? Frankly I am not surprised. Look at the way you behave! I am sorry you have an aversion to truth. But I cannot do anything about it.

Well Good bye and be on your way!

supportpeacenotwar

Quote from: The_Chimp on June 01, 2013, 02:29:33 PM
Sister,

It does not make sense. You are confusing the issues again. Faith is something different. It is absolutely essential to know Arabic. And there are no two ways about it.

Peace brother,

So would you say that the Quran is mainly for Arabs and fluent Arabic speakers?
The above post may no longer represent my beliefs based on evidence and considering such topics further.
I no longer follow a "Quran only" approach.
I would simply say I follow Islam.

The_Chimp

Quote from: Bender on June 01, 2013, 02:34:20 PM
Salaamun alayka,

BLUE: You know what a highly controversial theory is? That it is also a the proper name of the first man who received The Quran
GREEN: No you did not say this  :nope:
you were Christian before no? How many years do they believe according to their own sources that Jesus son Mary is God and His son?
You think they only name him Allah's apostle? He has according to some of them 99 names just as much as how many names they think Allah has.
here a link with his names: http://www.ezsoftech.com/islamic/infallible1f.asp
There is at least 1 member here on this forum who calls him Lord, that is highly controversial don't you think. 

I think you missed the point.
How Mohammed is used in the ayaats of the Quran is not used as a proper name. Just like you can use hassan or mohsin as not proper names.

RED: maybe that is just one of many the possibilities for me now.
BLUE: You know that your source for this claim is for me a  :nope:

BLUE: I agree, such person does not exist  ;) just joking, I know what you mean. For me as long as I can't proof from the Quran what his/her/their name was then I don't like to give him/her/them a name.

GREEN: sorry don't know

Rest:  :handshake:

How many things do you do different from the Sunni's? why is that not controversial?

May Allah bless you too,
Bender

QuoteYou think they only name him Allah's apostle? He has according to some of them 99 names just as much as how many names they think Allah has.
here a link with his names: http://www.ezsoftech.com/islamic/infallible1f.asp
There is at least 1 member here on this forum who calls him Lord, that is highly controversial don't you think. 

This shows your ignorance of the issue. None of these are meant as personal names or Prophet Muhammad but names in praise - describing him.

QuoteHow Mohammed is used in the ayaats of the Quran is not used as a proper name. Just like you can use hassan or mohsin as not proper names.

This has has been exposed as completely wrong - repeating a false position is not of any worth.

The_Chimp

Quote from: supportpeacenotwar on June 01, 2013, 02:37:23 PM
Peace brother,

So would you say that the Quran is mainly for Arabs and fluent Arabic speakers?

Obviously not. I am neither - an Arab nor a fluent Arabic speaker. Arabic can be learned by anyone. In knowing classical Arabic - unless I am speaking to a student of classical Arabic - I tend have more knowledge of classical Arabic than the average Arab.

Bender

Quote from: The_Chimp on May 31, 2013, 07:36:29 AM
I know Classical Arabic very well. Although a non-Native, I have studied to Masters level.

Salaamun alayka,

nice

QuoteI find it to be meaningless. What "sign" are you talking about?

48:29 مُّحَمَّدٌ رَّسُولُ اللَّـهِ ۚ وَالَّذِينَ مَعَهُ أَشِدَّاءُ عَلَى الْكُفَّارِ رُحَمَاءُ بَيْنَهُمْ ۖ تَرَاهُمْ رُكَّعًا سُجَّدًا يَبْتَغُونَ فَضْلًا مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَرِضْوَانًا ۖ سِيمَاهُمْ فِي وُجُوهِهِم مِّنْ أَثَرِ السُّجُودِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ مَثَلُهُمْ فِي التَّوْرَاةِ ۚ وَمَثَلُهُمْ فِي الْإِنجِيلِ كَزَرْعٍ أَخْرَجَ شَطْأَهُ فَآزَرَهُ فَاسْتَغْلَظَ فَاسْتَوَىٰ عَلَىٰ سُوقِهِ يُعْجِبُ الزُّرَّاعَ لِيَغِيظَ بِهِمُ الْكُفَّارَ ۗ وَعَدَ اللَّـهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ مِنْهُم مَّغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًا

How do you call this in Arabic? ayaat no?

QuoteThat is beginning of verse verse 48:29. All it says is Muhammad is Messenger of Allah. There is ABSOLUTELY no indication that the word Muhammad is a title of some kind.
Ok thank you for your translation.
Now is that statement valid today or not?

QuoteSo which verse am I not taking as it is? Please do not make petty accusations! In conclusion, you have no evidence for your "signs" and that is very clear. And you have not been able to present any.
RED: from memory 26:105 and 12:2

QuoteAs for the verse 26:105 that is simple and very clear

"The people of Noah denied the messengers"

Noah was the ONLY messenger sent to his people. A messenger point not only to Allah but to the messengers sent before him. Hence, his people denied him and those before him.
BLUE: I hope that I did not understood this correctly
RED: you see, you can not take the ayaat as it is but you have to invent your words in it by force. I already gave you ayaats were BEFORE and AFTER is used.
GREEN: there is nothing to hence, just a hence of your own wish.

QuoteThis is evidenced in the next verse:

"When their brother Noah said to them, "Will you not fear Allah ?"

You will not find a verse where any more messengers are mentioned addressing tribes OTHER THAN Noah. What does that tell you? Noah was the only messenger sent to his people
yes correct, Noah was the only one sent to his people but why then 26:105 "The people of Noah denied the messengers"
And pleeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase don't come back with sentences with the word BEFORE in them, thx.

QuoteMight I be so bold to suggest, it is you that lacks expertise in Arabic.
yes you may suggest that  :handshake:

salaam,
Bender

Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

Bender

Quote from: The_Chimp on May 31, 2013, 01:06:52 PM
mmKhan,

huh? I don't think you know much Arabic at all. Do you?

Tanween comes on ALL INDEFINITE NOUNS - except those that are Ghair Munsarif, upon whom Tanween is not applicable. For example the name Ibrahim - it doesn't take tanween becuase it is Gahir Munsarif - as non-Arabic names do not accept tanween. As all names are nouns - tanween occurs on them. Just because tanween is upon the name Muhammad that does NOT mean it isn't a name.

Salaamun alayka,

BLUE: Are you still trying to correct Allah?
Are you not afraid of Him  :&
2:39   وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَكَذَّبُوا بِآيَاتِنَا أُولَـٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ

Salaam,
Bender

supportpeacenotwar

Quote from: The_Chimp on June 01, 2013, 02:43:50 PM
Obviously not. I am neither - an Arab nor a fluent Arabic speaker. Arabic can be learned by anyone. In knowing classical Arabic - unless I am speaking to a student of classical Arabic - I tend have more knowledge of classical Arabic than the average Arab.

Peace The Chimp,

Ok. When you say Arabic can be learned by anyone, doesn't that mean they will eventually become a fluent Arabic speaker? That is what I am referring to when I say do you think the Quran is for Arabs and Arabic speakers etc.

So how does that fit with: Arabic is essential for knowing the Quran? Arabs, those who know Arabic and/or classical arabic are on a better footing and according to you, they have the number 1 essential thing for knowing the Quran.

Some of here would say the number 1 thing you need is prayer to Allah swt.
The above post may no longer represent my beliefs based on evidence and considering such topics further.
I no longer follow a "Quran only" approach.
I would simply say I follow Islam.

The_Chimp

Quote from: Bender on June 01, 2013, 02:59:02 PM
Salaamun alayka,

BLUE: Are you still trying to correct Allah?
Are you not afraid of Him  :&
2:39   وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَكَذَّبُوا بِآيَاتِنَا أُولَـٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ

Salaam,
Bender

Bender,

huh? You repeat yourself. You have said this before. When challenged you had no reply. Saying:

QuoteBLUE: Are you still trying to correct Allah?

Makes absolutely no sense.

Please explain HOW am I trying to correct Allah?

Ibrahim is a name of Hebrew origin. And it has been Arabicsed - hence it does not take Tanween. That is basic Arabic grammar.

See the sheer stupidity one is up against!

Bender. I have explained this to you. And you have no response. So tell me - what is the point of repeating the above? If you are unable to answer?

Bender

Quote from: The_Chimp on June 01, 2013, 02:40:40 PM
This shows your ignorance of the issue. None of these are meant as personal names or Prophet Muhammad but names in praise - describing him.
Salaamun alayka,

Really? Maybe you did not know but I was a sunni just like you.
They are called the 99 beautiful names of Holy Prophet Muhammad al-Mustafa (pbuh).

So many praises, is he equal to Allah to whom the ulama also gave 99 names?

QuoteThis has has been exposed  as completely wrong - repeating a false position is not of any worth.

where? please show me.
Or just for clarification it is even better if you expose it again in your reply, thank you very much.

salaam,
bender

Bender

Quote from: The_Chimp on June 01, 2013, 03:03:28 PM
Bender,

huh? You repeat yourself. You have said this before. When challenged you had no reply. Saying:

Makes absolutely no sense.

Please explain HOW am I trying to correct Allah?

Ibrahim is a name of Hebrew origin. And it has been Arabicsed - hence it does not take Tanween. That is basic Arabic grammar.

See the sheer stupidity one is up against!

Bender. I have explained this to you. And you have no response. So tell me - what is the point of repeating the above? If you are unable to answer?

Salaamun alayka,

SubhanaAllah.
If you bring up all your Arabic grammar schoolbooks and that of your teachers and their teachers and their teachers etc etc etc it is 0% evidence against 1 ayaat of The One who created you and me and them all. InshaAllah soon you will understand otherwise I fear for you the consequences.

Salaam,
Bender