News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

:: Was Muhammed name of a Prophet? ::

Started by mmkhan, September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmkhan

Quote from: The_Chimp on May 31, 2013, 07:36:29 AM
Noah was the ONLY messenger sent to his people. A messenger point not only to Allah but to the messengers sent before him. Hence, his people denied him and those before him.

3:33 اِنَّ اللّٰہَ اصۡطَفٰۤی اٰدَمَ وَ نُوۡحًا وَّ اٰلَ اِبۡرٰہِیۡمَ وَ اٰلَ عِمۡرٰنَ عَلَی الۡعٰلَمِیۡنَ
2:67 وَ اِذۡ قَالَ مُوۡسٰی لِقَوۡمِہٖۤ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ یَاۡمُرُکُمۡ اَنۡ تَذۡبَحُوۡا بَقَرَۃً ؕ قَالُوۡۤا اَتَتَّخِذُنَا ہُزُوًا ؕ قَالَ اَعُوۡذُ بِاللّٰہِ اَنۡ اَکُوۡنَ مِنَ الۡجٰہِلِیۡنَ

As per 2:67 BaqaratAN was the ONLY cow in buffaloes?

4:163 اِنَّاۤ اَوۡحَیۡنَاۤ اِلَیۡکَ کَمَاۤ اَوۡحَیۡنَاۤ اِلٰی نُوۡحٍ وَّ النَّبِیّٖنَ مِنۡۢ بَعۡدِہٖ ۚ وَ اَوۡحَیۡنَاۤ اِلٰۤی اِبۡرٰہِیۡمَ وَ اِسۡمٰعِیۡلَ وَ اِسۡحٰقَ وَ یَعۡقُوۡبَ وَ الۡاَسۡبَاطِ وَ عِیۡسٰی وَ اَیُّوۡبَ وَ یُوۡنُسَ وَ ہٰرُوۡنَ وَ سُلَیۡمٰنَ ۚ وَ اٰتَیۡنَا دَاوٗدَ زَبُوۡرًا
2:23 وَ اِنۡ کُنۡتُمۡ فِیۡ رَیۡبٍ مِّمَّا نَزَّلۡنَا عَلٰی عَبۡدِنَا فَاۡتُوۡا بِسُوۡرَۃٍ مِّنۡ مِّثۡلِہٖ ۪ وَ ادۡعُوۡا شُہَدَآءَکُمۡ مِّنۡ دُوۡنِ اللّٰہِ اِنۡ کُنۡتُمۡ صٰدِقِیۡنَ

And as per 2:23 SuratIN is an ONLY sura in alQuraan!

26:106 اِذۡ قَالَ لَہُمۡ اَخُوۡہُمۡ نُوۡحٌ اَلَا تَتَّقُوۡنَ
2:68 قَالُوا ادۡعُ لَنَا رَبَّکَ یُبَیِّنۡ لَّنَا مَا ہِیَ ؕ قَالَ اِنَّہٗ یَقُوۡلُ اِنَّہَا بَقَرَۃٌ لَّا فَارِضٌ وَّ لَا بِکۡرٌ ؕ عَوَانٌۢ بَیۡنَ ذٰلِکَ ؕ فَافۡعَلُوۡا مَا تُؤۡمَرُوۡنَ
2:19 اَوۡ کَصَیِّبٍ مِّنَ السَّمَآءِ فِیۡہِ ظُلُمٰتٌ وَّ رَعۡدٌ وَّ بَرۡقٌ ۚ یَجۡعَلُوۡنَ اَصَابِعَہُمۡ فِیۡۤ اٰذَانِہِمۡ مِّنَ الصَّوَاعِقِ حَذَرَ الۡمَوۡتِ ؕ وَ اللّٰہُ مُحِیۡطٌۢ بِالۡکٰفِرِیۡنَ

And as per 2:68, BaqaratUN was ONLY cow in buffaloes.
And as per 2:19, Ra3dUN was ONLY thunder and BarqUN was ONLY lightening in this world!

May Allah open our hearts for Islam and allow us to accept the aayaat of Allah :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

Earthdom

Peace all.

Quote from: mmkhan on May 31, 2013, 09:23:42 AM
ONLY cow in buffaloes?[/b]

What do you mean mmkhan?

But the word نُوۡحٌ

Tanwin in that word is tanwin mankin/sharaf.So that tanwin is exist or not depending the surah, btw because that verse forced the word nuh to became a noun then it must including tanwin.

Btw that tanwin is just a dialectical problem

zone

Peace.

So We inspired (fa-awhayna) to him, "Construct the ship under Our observation, and Our inspiration, and when Our command comes and the oven overflows, put into the ship from each [creature] two mates and your family, except those for whom the decree [of destruction] has proceeded. And do not address Me concerning those who have wronged; indeed, they are to be drowned. (23:27)

And when you have boarded the ship, you and those with you, then say, 'Praise to Allah who has saved us form the wrongdoing people.' (23:28)

And say, 'My Lord, let me land at a blessed landing place (munzalan), and You are the best to accommodate [us].' " (23:29)

Surely in that are ayats, and surely We put to the test. (23:30)

Then, after them, We brought forth another generation; (23:31)

And We sent (fa-arsalna) among them a messenger from themselves, [saying], "Serve Allah ; you have no deity other than Him; then will you not fear Him?" (23:32)

mmkhan

Salaam,

Here is a translation for all four aayaat using words MuhammadUN and MuhammadIN inshaAllah with the permission of my Lord, Allah. Translation is copied from Sahih International [with necessary changes]. Whatever I am going write down is from my personal understanding, please seek help theCreator, Allah to guide to the truth.

3:144 وَ مَا مُحَمَّدٌ اِلَّا رَسُوۡلٌ ۚ قَدۡ خَلَتۡ مِنۡ قَبۡلِہِ الرُّسُلُ ؕ اَفَا۠ئِنۡ مَّاتَ اَوۡ قُتِلَ انۡقَلَبۡتُمۡ عَلٰۤی اَعۡقَابِکُمۡ ؕ وَ مَنۡ یَّنۡقَلِبۡ عَلٰی عَقِبَیۡہِ فَلَنۡ یَّضُرَّ اللّٰہَ شَیۡئًا ؕ وَ سَیَجۡزِی اللّٰہُ الشّٰکِرِیۡنَ
3:144 Muhammad is not but a messenger. Messengers have passed on before him. So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels? And he who turns back on his heels will never harm Allah at all; but Allah will reward the grateful.

My personal understanding about 3:144
Because of use of MuhammadUN [with tanween], it is not referring to a name of any person as you might have seen in my previous post. To understand the usage of tanween better, please take a look at the following aayaat:

HudAN - 2:2  |  marazAN - 2:10  |  naarAN - 2:17  |  firaashAN, binaaAN, maaAN - 2:22  |  yawmAN, shaiyAN - 2:48 
laiylatAN - 2:51  |  raghadAN, sujjadAN - 2:58  |  QawlAN, rijzAN - 2:59  |  a3iynAN - 2:60  |  misrAN - 2:61  |  qiradatAN - 2:65

JannaatIN, thamaratIN - 2:25  |  samaawaatIN - 2:29  |   kafirIN - 2:41  |  nafsIN - 2:48  |  unaasIN - 2:60  |  saalihAN* - 2:62
ta3amIN, waahidIN, ghazabIN - 2:61  |  quwwatIN - 2:63

GhishaawatUN, a3zaabUN - 2:7  |  thummUN, bukmUN, u3myUN - 2:18  |  muheetUN - 2:19  |  QadeerUN - 2:20  |  a3dlUN - 2:48
balaaaUN, a3zeemUN - 2:49  |  KhairUN - 2:54  |  khaufUN - 2:62  |  faaridhUN, bikrUN, faaqiu3UN - 2:69

These words are taken just from let then 70 aayaat of sura baqarata, you may find thousands of examples in alQuraan, inshaAllah.

Now back to 3:144, it has to be translated as
And there is no praised one except the messenger. Indeed messengers have passed before* him. So, if he die or be killed, would YOU turn back on your heels? And whoever turns back on his heels will never does any harm to Allah. And Allah will reward those who are grateful.

Questions from 3:144.
- If he die or be killed would YOU turn back on your heels? How will YOU turn back on heels, when a messenger die 1400 years ago? Inqalabtum is not a past tense, but it has to be used in present and future. How?
- And whoso ever turns back on his heels will never does any harm to Allah. This part of aayat is also not in past tense. Then how do you understand this?

33:40 مَا کَانَ مُحَمَّدٌ اَبَاۤ اَحَدٍ مِّنۡ رِّجَالِکُمۡ وَ لٰکِنۡ رَّسُوۡلَ اللّٰہِ وَ خَاتَمَ النَّبِیّٖنَ ؕ وَ کَانَ اللّٰہُ بِکُلِّ شَیۡءٍ عَلِیۡمًا
33:40 Muhammad is not the father of one of your men, but the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.

As per my personal understanding of 33:40, it has to be translated as:
Did not become a praised one to be a father of YOUR men, but being a messenger of Allah and having a stamp of prophets. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing.

To understand the meaning of khatama, please get back to my previous messages in this thread. And look at a word taba3a as seal in 16:108. To understand initial part of 33:40, please check 16:58 and 16:59.

16:58 وَ اِذَا بُشِّرَ اَحَدُہُمۡ بِالۡاُنۡثٰی ظَلَّ وَجۡہُہٗ مُسۡوَدًّا وَّ ہُوَ کَظِیۡمٌ
16:58 And when one of them is informed of a female, his face becomes dark, and he suppresses grief.

16:59 یَتَوَارٰی مِنَ الۡقَوۡمِ مِنۡ سُوۡٓءِ مَا بُشِّرَ بِہٖ ؕ اَیُمۡسِکُہٗ عَلٰی ہُوۡنٍ اَمۡ یَدُسُّہٗ فِی التُّرَابِ ؕ اَلَا سَآءَ مَا یَحۡکُمُوۡنَ
16:59 He hides himself from the people because of the ill of which he has been informed. Should he keep it in humiliation or bury it in the ground? Unquestionably, evil is what they decide.

Questions about 33:40
- How could be Muhammad of 1400 years back be a father of YOUR men?
- If he was last of the prophets, then how there are still prophets who are guiding people as per 5:44?

47:2 وَ الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا وَ عَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ وَ اٰمَنُوۡا بِمَا نُزِّلَ عَلٰی مُحَمَّدٍ وَّ ہُوَ الۡحَقُّ مِنۡ رَّبِّہِمۡ ۙ کَفَّرَ عَنۡہُمۡ سَیِّاٰتِہِمۡ وَ اَصۡلَحَ بَالَہُمۡ
47:2 And those who believe and do righteous deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He will remove from them their misdeeds and amend their condition.

As per my personal understanding of 47:2, it has to be translated as:
And those who believe and do rectified deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon any praised one and that is the truth from their Lord. He will hide from them their misdeeds and rectify their condition.

Nuzzila is used in 47:2, which is not for past, but it is used for present and future, please take a look at 25:25 for exact word.

48:29 مُحَمَّدٌ رَّسُوۡلُ اللّٰہِ ؕ وَ الَّذِیۡنَ مَعَہٗۤ اَشِدَّآءُ عَلَی الۡکُفَّارِ رُحَمَآءُ بَیۡنَہُمۡ تَرٰىہُمۡ رُکَّعًا سُجَّدًا یَّبۡتَغُوۡنَ فَضۡلًا مِّنَ اللّٰہِ وَ رِضۡوَانًا ۫ سِیۡمَاہُمۡ فِیۡ وُجُوۡہِہِمۡ مِّنۡ اَثَرِ السُّجُوۡدِ ؕ ذٰلِکَ مَثَلُہُمۡ فِی التَّوۡرٰىۃِ ۚۖۛ وَ مَثَلُہُمۡ فِی الۡاِنۡجِیۡلِ ۚ۟ۛ کَزَرۡعٍ اَخۡرَجَ شَطۡـَٔہٗ فَاٰزَرَہٗ فَاسۡتَغۡلَظَ فَاسۡتَوٰی عَلٰی سُوۡقِہٖ یُعۡجِبُ الزُّرَّاعَ لِیَغِیۡظَ بِہِمُ الۡکُفَّارَ ؕ وَعَدَ اللّٰہُ الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا وَ عَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ مِنۡہُمۡ مَّغۡفِرَۃً وَّ اَجۡرًا عَظِیۡمًا
48:29 Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating, seeking bounty from Allah and pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.

As per my personal understanding of 48:29, it has to be translated as
The praised one is a messenger of Allah, and those with him are forceful......

Questions about 48:29.
- Who is YOU in "...you see them bowing and prostrating..."?
- If that YOU is referring to us, how can we see those people who passed 1400 years ago?
- Yabtaghoona is muzaarey, that means they are not referring to past, but is used in present and future, how?
- Example of people who are with Muhammad are given in alTawraat and alInjeel and Muhammad's example was not given, why?
- This part of aayat "Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward." Is this forgiveness and great reward on for those people who are with Muhammad 1400 years back?

These are details of my personal understanding of all four aayaat with the word Muhammad(UN)/(IN) in it. Hope this may be of some help if Allah permits, inshaAllah.

May Allah increase our knowledge and guides us on His path :pr
mmKhan
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

mmkhan

Quote from: Earthdom on May 31, 2013, 10:23:53 AM
Peace all.

What do you mean mmkhan?

Salaamun a3laika Earthdom,

Please see the post above that...

But the word نُوۡحٌ

Tanwin in that word is tanwin mankin/sharaf.So that tanwin is exist or not depending the surah, btw because that verse forced the word nuh to became a noun then it must including tanwin.

Btw that tanwin is just a dialectical problem

Red: I am sure that alQuraan is the Book of Allah and there is a dialectical problem in it? :hmm

May Allah increase our knowledge and guide us on His path :pr
mmKhan

The_Chimp

3:33 اِنَّ اللّٰہَ اصۡطَفٰۤی اٰدَمَ وَ نُوۡحًا وَّ اٰلَ اِبۡرٰہِیۡمَ وَ اٰلَ عِمۡرٰنَ عَلَی الۡعٰلَمِیۡنَ
2:67 وَ اِذۡ قَالَ مُوۡسٰی لِقَوۡمِہٖۤ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ یَاۡمُرُکُمۡ اَنۡ تَذۡبَحُوۡا بَقَرَۃً ؕ قَالُوۡۤا اَتَتَّخِذُنَا ہُزُوًا ؕ قَالَ اَعُوۡذُ بِاللّٰہِ اَنۡ اَکُوۡنَ مِنَ الۡجٰہِلِیۡنَ

As per 2:67 BaqaratAN was the ONLY cow in buffaloes?

4:163 اِنَّاۤ اَوۡحَیۡنَاۤ اِلَیۡکَ کَمَاۤ اَوۡحَیۡنَاۤ اِلٰی نُوۡحٍ وَّ النَّبِیّٖنَ مِنۡۢ بَعۡدِہٖ ۚ وَ اَوۡحَیۡنَاۤ اِلٰۤی اِبۡرٰہِیۡمَ وَ اِسۡمٰعِیۡلَ وَ اِسۡحٰقَ وَ یَعۡقُوۡبَ وَ الۡاَسۡبَاطِ وَ عِیۡسٰی وَ اَیُّوۡبَ وَ یُوۡنُسَ وَ ہٰرُوۡنَ وَ سُلَیۡمٰنَ ۚ وَ اٰتَیۡنَا دَاوٗدَ زَبُوۡرًا
2:23 وَ اِنۡ کُنۡتُمۡ فِیۡ رَیۡبٍ مِّمَّا نَزَّلۡنَا عَلٰی عَبۡدِنَا فَاۡتُوۡا بِسُوۡرَۃٍ مِّنۡ مِّثۡلِہٖ ۪ وَ ادۡعُوۡا شُہَدَآءَکُمۡ مِّنۡ دُوۡنِ اللّٰہِ اِنۡ کُنۡتُمۡ صٰدِقِیۡنَ

And as per 2:23 SuratIN is an ONLY sura in alQuraan!

2:68 قَالُوا ادۡعُ لَنَا رَبَّکَ یُبَیِّنۡ لَّنَا مَا ہِیَ ؕ قَالَ اِنَّہٗ یَقُوۡلُ اِنَّہَا بَقَرَۃٌ لَّا فَارِضٌ وَّ لَا بِکۡرٌ ؕ عَوَانٌۢ بَیۡنَ ذٰلِکَ ؕ فَافۡعَلُوۡا مَا تُؤۡمَرُوۡنَ
2:19 اَوۡ کَصَیِّبٍ مِّنَ السَّمَآءِ فِیۡہِ ظُلُمٰتٌ وَّ رَعۡدٌ وَّ بَرۡقٌ ۚ یَجۡعَلُوۡنَ اَصَابِعَہُمۡ فِیۡۤ اٰذَانِہِمۡ مِّنَ الصَّوَاعِقِ حَذَرَ الۡمَوۡتِ ؕ وَ اللّٰہُ مُحِیۡطٌۢ بِالۡکٰفِرِیۡنَ

And as per 2:68, BaqaratUN was ONLY cow in buffaloes.
And as per 2:19, Ra3dUN was ONLY thunder and BarqUN was ONLY lightening in this world!

May Allah open our hearts for Islam and allow us to accept the aayaat of Allah :pr
mmKhan

Greetings,

mmKhan - you leave a lot unsaid. It is difficult to ascertain what you are trying to say. Please, state your point and not just paste verses.

QuoteAs per 2:67 BaqaratAN was the ONLY cow in buffaloes?

What was the point of this?

Buffaloes and Cows are 2 different animals!!!!!!!!!!

Also that verse is talking about a single cow - that is true.

QuoteAnd as per 2:23 SuratIN is an ONLY sura in alQuraan!

In that verse only a single chapter is meant. And that is it.

Having said that - I do not know what point you are trying to make. Rather than trying to be clever, if that is the game you are playing. Why don't you state you point?

The_Chimp

mmKhan,

Quote"Because of use of MuhammadUN [with tanween], it is not referring to a name of any person as you might have seen in my previous post."

huh? I don't think you know much Arabic at all. Do you?

Tanween comes on ALL INDEFINITE NOUNS - except those that are Ghair Munsarif, upon whom Tanween is not applicable. For example the name Ibrahim - it doesn't take tanween becuase it is Gahir Munsarif - as non-Arabic names do not accept tanween. As all names are nouns - tanween occurs on them. Just because tanween is upon the name Muhammad that does NOT mean it isn't a name.

Please improve your understanding of Arabic. What you suggest is complete hogwash.

QuoteThese words are taken just from let then 70 aayaat of sura baqarata, you may find thousands of examples in alQuraan, inshaAllah.

So what? What does it show? Like I said.  Tanween occurs on all indefinite nouns - unless there is reason for it not to be there.

QuoteAnd there is no praised one except the messenger. Indeed messengers have passed before* him. So, if he die or be killed, would YOU turn back on your heels? And whoever turns back on his heels will never does any harm to Allah. And Allah will reward those who are grateful.

I am sorry. I do not think you understand Arabic. Understanding tanween is just the basics.

Here is where your argument falls down:

QuoteDid not become a praised one to be a father of YOUR men, but being a messenger of Allah and having a stamp of prophets. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing.

Your translation is completely wrong. See you "invented" the translation to fit in with your argument. Ma Kana does not mean: "Did not become"

Quote- How could be Muhammad of 1400 years back be a father of YOUR men?
- If he was last of the prophets, then how there are still prophets who are guiding people as per 5:44?

1. Again - your poor understanding has let you down. The verse is in - it is NOT referring to men today.

2. There are NO MORE prophets. And neither do verse 5:44 say there are

QuoteAnd those who believe and do rectified deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon any praised one and that is the truth from their Lord. He will hide from them their misdeeds and rectify their condition.

" any praised one" Where did ANY come from? Again - you invented it to fit in with your "personal understanding"

You are hiding behind this "personal understanding". But this is about being CLEARLY wrong.

"Nuzzila is used in 47:2, which is not for past, but it is used for present and future, please take a look at 25:25 for exact word."

Again your understanding lets you down. Arabic can use Present tense to as past tense and to signify tense-less sentence. Also, please read your translation back to yourself . . . why in English have you translated in past? 

"has been sent down upon" <- - - This is your translation!

"These are details of my personal understanding of all four aayaat with the word Muhammad(UN)/(IN) in it. Hope this may be of some help if Allah permits, inshaAllah."

I am sorry - but this is reckless ignorance and clear mistakes. And not "personal understanding"

See - this is why "quran-only" leaves a lot to be desired. This is clear fitnah! Whatever anyone feels like - they invent new meanings and understanding.

Mr mmKhan - why do I get the feeling you have some other hidden agenda?

huruf

Quote from: mmkhan on May 31, 2013, 11:50:55 AM
Salaam,

Here is a translation for all four ayaat using words MuhammadUN and MuhammadIN inshaAllah with the permission of my Lord, Allah. Translation is copied from Sahih International [with necessary changes]. Whatever I am going write down is from my personal understanding, please seek help theCreator, Allah to guide to the truth.

3:144 وَ مَا مُحَمَّدٌ اِلَّا رَسُوۡلٌ ۚ قَدۡ خَلَتۡ مِنۡ قَبۡلِہِ الرُّسُلُ ؕ اَفَا۠ئِنۡ مَّاتَ اَوۡ قُتِلَ انۡقَلَبۡتُمۡ عَلٰۤی اَعۡقَابِکُمۡ ؕ وَ مَنۡ یَّنۡقَلِبۡ عَلٰی عَقِبَیۡہِ فَلَنۡ یَّضُرَّ اللّٰہَ شَیۡئًا ؕ وَ سَیَجۡزِی اللّٰہُ الشّٰکِرِیۡنَ
3:144 Muhammad is not but a messenger. Messengers have passed on before him. So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels? And he who turns back on his heels will never harm Allah at all; but Allah will reward the grateful.

My personal understanding about 3:144
Because of use of MuhammadUN [with tanween], it is not referring to a name of any person as you might have seen in my previous post. To understand the usage of tanween better, please take a look at the following aayaat:

HudAN - 2:2  |  marazAN - 2:10  |  naarAN - 2:17  |  firaashAN, binaaAN, maaAN - 2:22  |  yawmAN, shaiyAN - 2:48 
laiylatAN - 2:51  |  raghadAN, sujjadAN - 2:58  |  QawlAN, rijzAN - 2:59  |  a3iynAN - 2:60  |  misrAN - 2:61  |  qiradatAN - 2:65

JannaatIN, thamaratIN - 2:25  |  samaawaatIN - 2:29  |   kafirIN - 2:41  |  nafsIN - 2:48  |  unaasIN - 2:60  |  saalihAN* - 2:62
ta3amIN, waahidIN, ghazabIN - 2:61  |  quwwatIN - 2:63

GhishaawatUN, a3zaabUN - 2:7  |  thummUN, bukmUN, u3myUN - 2:18  |  muheetUN - 2:19  |  QadeerUN - 2:20  |  a3dlUN - 2:48
balaaaUN, a3zeemUN - 2:49  |  KhairUN - 2:54  |  khaufUN - 2:62  |  faaridhUN, bikrUN, faaqiu3UN - 2:69

These words are taken just from let then 70 aayaat of sura baqarata, you may find thousands of examples in alQuraan, inshaAllah.

Now back to 3:144, it has to be translated as
And there is no praised one except the messenger. Indeed messengers have passed before* him. So, if he die or be killed, would YOU turn back on your heels? And whoever turns back on his heels will never does any harm to Allah. And Allah will reward those who are grateful.

Questions from 3:144.
- If he die or be killed would YOU turn back on your heels? How will YOU turn back on heels, when a messenger die 1400 years ago? Inqalabtum is not a past tense, but it has to be used in present and future. How?
- And whoso ever turns back on his heels will never does any harm to Allah. This part of aayat is also not in past tense. Then how do you understand this?

33:40 مَا کَانَ مُحَمَّدٌ اَبَاۤ اَحَدٍ مِّنۡ رِّجَالِکُمۡ وَ لٰکِنۡ رَّسُوۡلَ اللّٰہِ وَ خَاتَمَ النَّبِیّٖنَ ؕ وَ کَانَ اللّٰہُ بِکُلِّ شَیۡءٍ عَلِیۡمًا
33:40 Muhammad is not the father of one of your men, but the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.

As per my personal understanding of 33:40, it has to be translated as:
Did not become a praised one to be a father of YOUR men, but being a messenger of Allah and having a stamp of prophets. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing.

To understand the meaning of khatama, please get back to my previous messages in this thread. And look at a word taba3a as seal in 16:108. To understand initial part of 33:40, please check 16:58 and 16:59.

16:58 وَ اِذَا بُشِّرَ اَحَدُہُمۡ بِالۡاُنۡثٰی ظَلَّ وَجۡہُہٗ مُسۡوَدًّا وَّ ہُوَ کَظِیۡمٌ
16:58 And when one of them is informed of a female, his face becomes dark, and he suppresses grief.

16:59 یَتَوَارٰی مِنَ الۡقَوۡمِ مِنۡ سُوۡٓءِ مَا بُشِّرَ بِہٖ ؕ اَیُمۡسِکُہٗ عَلٰی ہُوۡنٍ اَمۡ یَدُسُّہٗ فِی التُّرَابِ ؕ اَلَا سَآءَ مَا یَحۡکُمُوۡنَ
16:59 He hides himself from the people because of the ill of which he has been informed. Should he keep it in humiliation or bury it in the ground? Unquestionably, evil is what they decide.

Questions about 33:40
- How could be Muhammad of 1400 years back be a father of YOUR men?

47:2 وَ الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا وَ عَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ وَ اٰمَنُوۡا بِمَا نُزِّلَ عَلٰی مُحَمَّدٍ وَّ ہُوَ الۡحَقُّ مِنۡ رَّبِّہِمۡ ۙ کَفَّرَ عَنۡہُمۡ سَیِّاٰتِہِمۡ وَ اَصۡلَحَ بَالَہُمۡ
47:2 And those who believe and do righteous deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He will remove from them their misdeeds and amend their condition.

As per my personal understanding of 47:2, it has to be translated as:
And those who believe and do rectified deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon any praised one and that is the truth from their Lord. He will hide from them their misdeeds and rectify their condition.

Nuzzila is used in 47:2, which is not for past, but it is used for present and future, please take a look at 25:25 for exact word.

48:29 مُحَمَّدٌ رَّسُوۡلُ اللّٰہِ ؕ وَ الَّذِیۡنَ مَعَہٗۤ اَشِدَّآءُ عَلَی الۡکُفَّارِ رُحَمَآءُ بَیۡنَہُمۡ تَرٰىہُمۡ رُکَّعًا سُجَّدًا یَّبۡتَغُوۡنَ فَضۡلًا مِّنَ اللّٰہِ وَ رِضۡوَانًا ۫ سِیۡمَاہُمۡ فِیۡ وُجُوۡہِہِمۡ مِّنۡ اَثَرِ السُّجُوۡدِ ؕ ذٰلِکَ مَثَلُہُمۡ فِی التَّوۡرٰىۃِ ۚۖۛ وَ مَثَلُہُمۡ فِی الۡاِنۡجِیۡلِ ۚ۟ۛ کَزَرۡعٍ اَخۡرَجَ شَطۡـَٔہٗ فَاٰزَرَہٗ فَاسۡتَغۡلَظَ فَاسۡتَوٰی عَلٰی سُوۡقِہٖ یُعۡجِبُ الزُّرَّاعَ لِیَغِیۡظَ بِہِمُ الۡکُفَّارَ ؕ وَعَدَ اللّٰہُ الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا وَ عَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ مِنۡہُمۡ مَّغۡفِرَۃً وَّ اَجۡرًا عَظِیۡمًا
48:29 Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating, seeking bounty from Allah and pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.

As per my personal understanding of 48:29, it has to be translated as
The praised one is a messenger of Allah, and those with him are forceful......

Questions about 48:29.
- Who is YOU in "...you see them bowing and prostrating..."?
- If that YOU is referring to us, how can we see those people who passed 1400 years ago?
- Yabtaghoona is muzaarey, that means they are not referring to past, but is used in present and future, how?
- Example of people who are with Muhammad are given in alTawraat and alInjeel and Muhammad's example was not given, why?
- This part of aayat "Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward." Is this forgiveness and great reward on for those people who are with Muhammad 1400 years back?

These are details of my personal understanding of all four aayaat with the word Muhammad(UN)/(IN) in it. Hope this may be of some help if Allah permits, inshaAllah.

May Allah increase our knowledge and guides us on His path :pr
mmKhan

Before anything else, rather than past nor present, what verbs in Arabic indicate is whther the action is completed or uncompleted. Completed or uncompleted actions can be in the past, the present, or the future. It is from other pointers from which the time of the action has to be gathered.

In many cases, for obvious reasons what is most proper int he Qur'an is that what must be valid for all time not be characterised by a fixed and that it should not be adscribed to past present or future.

Assuming that the Prophet to whom the Qur'an was revealed was told to say something told to him by God and is so expressed in the qur'an, obviously it was indeed said in the past, the question is whether it is to be valid after that. In that case:

What is the problem that Muhamadun be name or title as far as the Qur'an ins concerned. Or is it being suggested that the Qur'an was revealed to more than one Prophet?

I appreciate that finally translations have been provided, or the understanding of the ayas, but I am still puzzled as to how does that affect the prophet who transmitted the Qur'an to the rest people at large. Is that it, that there was more than one prophet, what is being put forward?

As to the question of he being father of rijal as opposed to daughters, that has been traditionally aknowledged. Is there some other aspect of it that is new and tied to the titleness of Muhammadun and not tied the namness of Muhammadun?

On the other hand, rijaal is not necessarily only males, it can be persons of certain standing or eminence or capability in whatever domain, or also any person.

Salaam
Salaam

mmkhan

Quote from: The_Chimp on May 31, 2013, 12:29:41 PM
Also that verse is talking about a single cow - that is true.

In that verse only a single chapter is meant. And that is it.

Greetings to you too,

Red: This is what I was asking you. Why it becomes "a single" in the aayaat quoted and why it became "ONLY" when it comes to Nooh? Check what you wrote in your previous message. This is what I was trying to clarify.

Thank Allah that I am not done masters in Arabic, alhamduliAllah.

mmKhan

The_Chimp

Quote from: mmkhan on May 31, 2013, 01:31:43 PM
Greetings to you too,

Red: This is what I was asking you. Why it becomes "a single" in the aayaat quoted and why it became "ONLY" when it comes to Nooh? Check what you wrote in your previous message. This is what I was trying to clarify.

Thank Allah that I am not done masters in Arabic, alhamduliAllah.

mmKhan

mmKhan

Verse 2:67

And [recall] when Moses said to his people, "Indeed, Allah commands you to slaughter a cow." They said, "Do you take us in ridicule?" He said, "I seek refuge in Allah from being among the ignorant."

A single cow is mentioned because that is what was going to be slaughtered! It is "single" because of the linguistic form of the word: Indefinite singular noun.

For example:

I want an apple in Arabic is: اريد تفاحا

You can understand from this a single apple is meant.

As for this:

" "ONLY" when it comes to Nooh? "

You do realize that - ONLY is from me and NOT in the verse!

In the verse:

3:33

Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds -

Noah is name as is Adam as is Abraham and Imran. They are ALL names!

"Thank Allah that I am not done masters in Arabic, alhamduliAllah."

A pity - then you would not make basic mistakes. And do I take it you have chosen to stay silent on the other questions?