About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

:: Was Muhammed name of a Prophet? ::

Started by mmkhan, September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

Quote from: The_Chimp on May 23, 2013, 04:58:17 PM
Hi,

Please learn basics of Arabic and have some humility to ask if unsure rather than dictate to people.

Ibrahim is name of Hebrew origin and not of Arabic. However the name is Arabicised.  For example the name Benjamin is Anglicised version of the Hebrew name Ben Yamin - which in Arabic is Binyameen.

In Arabic foreign names are classed as Ghayr Munsarrif [ Mamnu al-Sarf] - which means they do not have Tanween.

Salaamun alayka,

Are you correcting Allah now :&

May Allah protect me to go against His ayaats  :pr
Bender
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

The_Chimp

Quote from: Bender on May 23, 2013, 05:33:35 PM
Salaamun alayka,

Are you correcting Allah now :&

May Allah protect me to go against His ayaats  :pr
Bender

Hello,

I find this response immature. And it doesn't make much sense. How is what I said - in any way correcting Allah?

The_Chimp

Quote from: Bender on May 23, 2013, 05:20:15 PM
Salaamun alayka,

:handshake:
read the last paragraph in the reply above.

Salaam,
Bender

It is pretty clear, if you read the verses, that plural can only refer to the Prophets BEFORE Noah. Simple logic. In speech, it is not necessary to keep repeating everything, over and over. I fail to see your objections.

The_Chimp

Quote from: Bender on May 23, 2013, 05:31:46 PM
Salaamun alayka,

RED: thank you  :handshake:
BLUE: prove please

Allah never named you sunni  :nope:

And what do they proof?

Salaam,
Bender

"Allah never named you sunni  :nope:"

Allah never named me Amin, nor British Indian, or various other parts of my identities. 

"And what do they proof?"

I have already told you what they prove. By the way, again your usage of the word 'proof' here is incorrect. It is 'prove' the verb and not proof the noun.

If you don't mind, can I ask how old you are?

wrkmmn

Peace:

Quote"Per my current knowledge I am 100% sure that Mohammed is not used as a name of a person in The Quran.
proof: translate the first 3 words of 48:29."

If the name Muhamad is not referring to a person:

48:29MUHAMMAD is God's Apostle; and those who are with him are firm and unyielding towards all deniers of the truth,  full of mercy towards one another. Thou canst see them bowing down, prostrating themselves, seeking favour with God and goodly
acceptance: their marks are on their faces, traced by prostration.

how could he have prostrated with those with him?

33:40 [And know, O believers, that] Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men,50 but isGod's Apostle and the Seal of all Prophets.51 And God has indeed full knowledge of everything.

How could he be referred as father, not just human but male?

3:144 AND MUHAMMAD is only an apostle; all the [other] apostles have passed away before him: if, then, he dies or is slain, will you turn about on your heels?104 But he that turns about on his heels can in no wise harm God - whereas God will requite all who are grateful [to Him].

How could he have been slain or die, if not human?

Muhamad could be a title just like Israel was the title of Jacob, or the title Abraham, but whether it  is a title or name, it is the title/name given to the one who received the Qur'an from Gabriel. Also, if those names are to be considered titles, then people should be forbidden from using them as personal names, for they will never ever be equal to  those to whom those names/titles were given.

Maybe the reason why mmkan and bender are so fiercely arguing about this issue is because they want to probe is a title that they can assign to themselves. Sorry Guys, maybe you can call yourselves prophets since you are professing the Qur'an, but I don't think anybody will like you calling yourselves Muhamaduns.

supportpeacenotwar

Quote from: The_Chimp on May 23, 2013, 05:46:36 PM

Allah never named me Amin, nor British Indian, or various other parts of my identities. 

"And what do they proof?"

I have already told you what they prove. By the way, again your usage of the word 'proof' here is incorrect. It is 'prove' the verb and not proof the noun.

If you don't mind, can I ask how old you are?

Peace,

English could be Bender's second language. Although I know that when I'm tired and I've got more to type, I end up making some errors as well.
The above post may no longer represent my beliefs based on evidence and considering such topics further.
I no longer follow a "Quran only" approach.
I would simply say I follow Islam.

Bender

Quote from: The_Chimp on May 23, 2013, 05:39:27 PM
Hello,

I find this response immature. And it doesn't make much sense. How is what I said - in any way correcting Allah?

Salaamun alayka,

InshaAllah soon you will know

Salaam,
Bender

Bender

Quote from: The_Chimp on May 23, 2013, 05:42:06 PM
It is pretty clear, if you read the verses, that plural can only refer to the Prophets BEFORE Noah. Simple logic. In speech, it is not necessary to keep repeating everything, over and over.
Salaamun alayka,

Indeed, that is what you wish to read.
But I am sorry it's not there.

QuoteI fail to see your objections.

no problem for me  :handshake:

Salaam,
Bender

The_Chimp

Quote from: supportpeacenotwar on May 23, 2013, 06:19:55 PM
Peace,

English could be Bender's second language. Although I know that when I'm tired and I've got more to type, I end up making some errors as well.

Salam,

That is why I am correcting him. Reason for asking his age is that I find his reasoning to be quite poor and attitude somewhat immature.

Bender

Quote from: The_Chimp on May 23, 2013, 05:46:36 PM

Salaam,

Indeed that's why: God has selected alddeena for you, so do not die except as muslimoona

Quote"And what do they proof?"

I have already told you what they prove.
No you did not.
please reread your replys

QuoteBy the way, again your usage of the word 'proof' here is incorrect. It is 'prove' the verb and not proof the noun.
thank you  :handshake:

QuoteIf you don't mind, can I ask how old you are?
Sorry I do now know you well enough.

Salaam,
Bender