News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

:: Was Muhammed name of a Prophet? ::

Started by mmkhan, September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jafar

Quote from: noshirk on January 17, 2013, 12:57:26 PM
OMMI meaning is clear according to quran : who don't receive book.
the illeterate meaning is from hadiths.

I think you do not understand the meanings of "Pagan"..
Ummi / unlearned / uneducated doesn't necessarily mean Pagan..

The "Books within a bundle called Bible" (and so does the Quran) is not THE ONLY source of guidance thus you can deduce those who are not aware of Bible (or Quran) is definitely a Pagan.

And that's actually one of the key message being put forward with Muhammad..
It's the same as saying: "You Jews/Xtians (People of the book) are not the ONLY guided people and/or the chosen people on earth. There are many others! And I (God) can guide whomever I wish with or without any book"

Salam / Peace

noshirk

Quote from: Jafar on January 19, 2013, 03:43:38 AM

The "Books within a bundle called Bible" (and so does the Quran) is not THE ONLY source of guidance thus you can deduce those who are not aware of Bible (or Quran) is definitely a Pagan.

And that's actually one of the key message being put forward with Muhammad..
It's the same as saying: "You Jews/Xtians (People of the book) are not the ONLY guided people and/or the chosen people on earth. There are many others! And I (God) can guide whomever I wish with or without any book"

Salam / Peace

salaam

i think Ommi is to be opposed to people of the book.
i am now from people of the book. Muhammad became from people of the book after he received Quran.

i don't know what was the religion of Muhammad before he received the book.
Pagan is the most probable hypothesis. Perhaps he accepted Jewish faith before receiving the Book. I don't know.

Peace
noshirk=trying to never mix teachings of The unique Rabb with other teachings, and specially any kind of clerical teachings.

farida

Quote from: Jafar on January 19, 2013, 03:43:38 AM

Salam / Peace
Peace

Agreed

QuoteThe "Books within a bundle called Bible" (and so does the Quran) is not THE ONLY source of guidance thus you can deduce those who are not aware of Bible (or Quran) is definitely a Pagan.

To me it would make more sense if I were to say those who are not aware of a bundle within The Book  :hmm
QuoteAnd that's actually one of the key message being put forward with Muhammad..
It's the same as saying: "You Jews/Xtians (People of the book) are not the ONLY guided people and/or the chosen people on earth. There are many others! And I (God) can guide whomever I wish with or without any book

Or there are others who were given The Book too  :hmm

salaam

huruf

God sent prophets to all people so says the Qur'an, so all peoples are peoples of the book.

But, anybody, even while formally or outwardly posing as people of tghe book, can become pagan, by beliefs or behaviour. To become pegan you do not need to worship Mercury or a goat. You can worship yourself, your fancies, another person, ideas, whatever, and that is why there are people that have gone astray. Guidance came to everybody, and amongs all peoples there have been those that go astray. Within christians, within muslims, within anything, because strayness is always within reach, you do not have to do anything extraordinary, and you may not even feel it, you may even think that you are serving or defending an ideal...

Salaam

farida

Quote from: huruf on January 19, 2013, 07:56:29 AM
God sent prophets to all people, so says the Qur'an, so all peoples are peoples of the book.

But, anybody, even while formally or outwardly posing as people of tghe book, can become pagan, by beliefs or behaviour. To become pegan you do not need to worship Mercury or a goat. You can worship yourself, your fancies, another person, ideas, whatever, and that is why there are people that have gone astray. Guidance came to everybody, and amongs all peoples there have been those that go astray. Within christians, within muslims, within anything, because strayness is always within reach, you do not have to do anything extraordinary, and you may not even feel it, you may even think that you are serving or defending an ideal...

Salaam

salaam

Exactly!!! May I also add: 'to say with your mouth that we seek refuge in ALLAAH, and then ask for guidance from ALLAAH is the first requirement. But actuallly not having faith that ALLAAH will guide you and protect you, means tha what you say from your mouth you do not believe in. It means what'?  :hmm

QuoteTo become pegan you do not need to worship Mercury or a goat. You can worship yourself, your fancies, another person, ideas
I read other day chapter 41 of the Quran and reading  34-38 and more confirmed to me that it is important to appreciate and thank those who do good to you.

salaam

Mazhar

Quote from: noshirk on January 19, 2013, 06:56:03 AM
salaam

i think Ommi is to be opposed to people of the book.
i am now from people of the book. Muhammad became from people of the book after he received Quran.

i don't know what was the religion of Muhammad before he received the book.
Pagan is the most probable hypothesis. Perhaps he accepted Jewish faith before receiving the Book. I don't know.

Peace

Salamun alaika,

Grand Qur'aan: The most authentic and best biography of Muhammad Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam
[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]

Awaal_Muslim

Salaam

Very interesting post, surprisingly, there are number of occassions people posted ayat 33:40 and did not analyse it further, I agree all the names are attributes to the personalities in Quran, which can be proven by Allah's name/attribute, He is Rehaman, Jabaar, Khahar etc but He is one Allah (The God).  Similarly, the attributes to Al-Kitab are Quran, Furqaan, Burhan, Rooh, Torah, Injeel but only one Book.  Going back to 33:40

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things."

1. Muhammad is not the father of men (Muhammad is in present tense and he is not a father of men)
2. But he the Messenger of Allah and seal of the prophets (Muhammad's job is a messenger of Allah, and he seals that message to all the prophets, including Ibraheem, Mosa, Essa so on).
Therefore Muhammad existence from all times as a messenger until present. 
Further the people who were given the book are mentioned in 6:83-90
وَأُمِرْتُ لِأَنْ أَكُونَ أَوَّلَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
And I have been commanded to be the first [among you] of the Muslims." Al-Quran 39:12

wrkmmn

Peace:

Of course the name Mohamed means something (and something great since it was given to the prophet by God), names given to people by God have meanings. not like the names given to us nowadays that are totally meaningless. Remember that in the torah God named Abraham, since that was not his original name, and also  God changed the name to Jacob calling him Israel, etc.   

Why do you argue about something that only God Knows (is The All Knowing obliged to tell us in every revelation why He changes the name of His prophets and when, how is it that you reason, The all-mighty does whatever he wills). Of course we should not idolize prophet Mohamed, but we certainly shall respect his name, for he was blessed by God with revelation. Mohamed was the name given by God to His last messenger/prophet, and that all that matters.

God will not reward us for finding the original names of his prophets. He doesn't say: run to find all the hidden stuff in the Qur'an, he says Run to do the good deeds. Adore only God and treat your brother as you would like to be treated. respect all the prophets and make no difference between them.

Here is an explanation of the name  of Prophet Mohamed found for 61:6 Mohamed Assad's message of the Qur'an:

6 This prediction is supported by several references in the Gospel of St. John to the Parakletos (usually rendered as  Comforter") who was to come after Jesus. This designation is almost certainly a corruption of Periklytos ("the Much-Praised"), an exact Greek translation of the Aramaic term or name Mawhamana. (It is to be borne in mind that Aramaic was the language used in Palestine at the time of, and for some centuries after, Jesus, and was thus undoubtedly the language in which the original - now lost -texts of the Gospels were composed.) In view of the phonetic closeness of Periklytos and Parakletos it is
easy to understand how the translator - or, more probably, a later scribe - confused these two expressions. It is significant that both the Aramaic Mawhamana and the Greek Periklytos have the same meaning asthe two names of the Last Prophet, Muhammad and Ahmad, both of which are derived from the verb hamida ("he praised") and the noun hamd ("praise"). An even more unequivocal prediction of the advent of the Prophet Muhammad - mentioned by name, in its Arabic form - is said to be forthcoming from the so-called Gospel of St. Barnabas, which, though now regarded as apocryphal, was accepted as authentic and was read in the churches until the year 496 of the Christian era, when it was banned as "heretical" by a decree of Pope Gelasius. However, since the original text of that Gospel is not available (having come down to us only in an Italian translation dating from the late sixteenth century), its authenticity cannot be established with certainty.

mmkhan

Quote from: wrkmmn on May 18, 2013, 11:37:36 PM
Adore only God and treat your brother as you would like to be treated.
Salaam,

This not from alQuraan.

Here is an explanation of the name  of Prophet Mohamed found for 61:6 Mohamed Assad's message of the Qur'an:

6 This prediction is supported by several references in the Gospel of St. John to the Parakletos (usually rendered as  Comforter") who was to come after Jesus. This designation is almost certainly a corruption of Periklytos ("the Much-Praised"), an exact Greek translation of the Aramaic term or name Mawhamana. (It is to be borne in mind that Aramaic was the language used in Palestine at the time of, and for some centuries after, Jesus, and was thus undoubtedly the language in which the original - now lost -texts of the Gospels were composed.) In view of the phonetic closeness of Periklytos and Parakletos it is
easy to understand how the translator - or, more probably, a later scribe - confused these two expressions. It is significant that both the Aramaic Mawhamana and the Greek Periklytos have the same meaning asthe two names of the Last Prophet, Muhammad and Ahmad, both of which are derived from the verb hamida ("he praised") and the noun hamd ("praise"). An even more unequivocal prediction of the advent of the Prophet Muhammad - mentioned by name, in its Arabic form - is said to be forthcoming from the so-called Gospel of St. Barnabas, which, though now regarded as apocryphal, was accepted as authentic and was read in the churches until the year 496 of the Christian era, when it was banned as "heretical" by a decree of Pope Gelasius. However, since the original text of that Gospel is not available (having come down to us only in an Italian translation dating from the late sixteenth century), its authenticity cannot be established with certainty.
I understood.

Until you stop reading all this, you will never understand alQuraan's true meaning bro. You did not properly read nor understood the opening post of this thread for sure... because I was saying something else there and you came up with something else.

Anyways, I will make it easy for you, just answer my simple question.

Q. Who is Muhammad? If you say [as you already said in your post] a messenger and/or a prophet, prove it from alQuraan. There is no person called Muhammad in alQuraan.

May Allah increase our knowledge and guide us on His path :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

wrkmmn

peace:

QuoteUntil you stop reading all this, you will never understand alQuraan's true meaning bro
The true meaning of the Qur'an is only known by The All-knowing,  I will understand the true meaning of the Qur'an only if God wills it. For the moment I am happy to see it as guidance, guidance from The Most-Merciful for those who open their hearth humbly and are not blindly arrogant. I seek refuge in God from being of the ignorant.

3:144...... وما محمد إلا ر‌سول
    And not muhamad (mhmd) except messenger
33:40 ....ما كان محمد أبا أحد من ر‌جالكم ولكن ر‌سول اللـه
     Muhamad is not the father of any one of your men, but is God's Apostle/messenger
47:2..........والذين آمنوا وعملوا الصالحات وآمنوا بما نزل على محمد
whereas those who have attained to faith and do righteous deeds, and have come to believe in what has been bestowed from on high on/over Muhamad
48:29......محمد ر‌سول اللـه ۚ والذين معه أشداء على الكفار‌
   Muhamad messenger/apostle (of) God and those who (are) with him (are) firm towards/over the disbeliever/deniers of the truth

Remember that everybody here is posting his/her personal opinions about the Qur'an/God's message, patience patience is a sign of the Guided ones. That which is written in the verses above is enough for me to recognize the prophet as  Muhamad. If we deny the name of Muhamad, we will end up denying Jesus, for his name is not in the old testament, and neither he mentions his name in the words attributed to him in Matthew/Mark/Luke/John. Remember that God is the only one that is going to show us on judgement day the truth about that on which we differ.