News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

:: Was Muhammed name of a Prophet? ::

Started by mmkhan, September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man of Faith

Peace,

I would like to clarify that I am no Muhammad-lover, in fact far from it., but that does not mean I try to erase him from history and it has nothing to do with idolization.

And I accept that you have different opinions, I just wanted to raise awareness of not rushing to conclusions.

And please see me as very open-minded, because I listen to all arguments. I just warn people about rushing to various conclusions that may be incorrect.

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

mmkhan

Quote from: Man of Faith on January 17, 2013, 10:11:05 AM
Peace,

I would like to clarify that I am no Muhammad-lover, in fact far from it., but that does not mean I try to erase him from history and it has nothing to do with idolization.

And I accept that you have different opinions, I just wanted to raise awareness of not rushing to conclusions.

And please see me as very open-minded, because I listen to all arguments. I just warn people about rushing to various conclusions that may be incorrect.

God bless you
Peace,

Thanks for clarification brother. I agree with you :handshake:

May Allah bless you, :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

Man of Faith

Peace mmkhan,

I apologize for seeming arrogant in the earlier post, I realized I came about a bit bluntly and it was not my intention. It seems it can be a human defect.

What is most important is that we worship God alone, believe in the Hereafter and are righteous.

God was most likely not harsh when he put certain rituals on our shoulders considered his 1:1 attributes.

The individual development is most important, like becoming kind, generous, helpful etc, to be admitted into God's kingdom. This is what probably will keep most people
from salvation, involving idol worship. The ego as idol is common.

By the way brother mmkhan, I used to call myself Christian before this. I do not have much connection to traditional islam and hadith etc. I did never believe in the trinity and it may  have made it easier for me to accept the Quran.

Anyway, my opinion on this thread is that Muhammad was a prophet, but the arguments against this are interesting, I have to admit that. More solid proof and I might believe it. Unfortunately this feels just like saying Jesus never lived.

May God guide you into the light
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

mmkhan

Quote from: Man of Faith on January 17, 2013, 11:04:43 AM
Peace mmkhan,

I apologize for seeming arrogant in the earlier post, I realized I came about a bit bluntly and it was not my intention. It seems it can be a human defect.

What is most important is that we worship God alone, believe in the Hereafter and are righteous.

God was most likely not harsh when he put certain rituals on our shoulders considered his 1:1 attributes.

The individual development is most important, like becoming kind, generous, helpful etc, to be admitted into God's kingdom. This is what probably will keep most people
from salvation, involving idol worship. The ego as idol is common.
Peace Man of Faith,

No need to apologize brother, I may react in the same way some times ;) May Allah forgive us :pr

By the way brother mmkhan, I used to call myself Christian before this. I do not have much connection to traditional islam and hadith etc. I did never believe in the trinity and it may  have made it easier for me to accept the Quran.
Wow MashaAllah! It will be surely easy for you to understand alQuraan, inshaAllah because you are free from traditional Islam.

Anyway, my opinion on this thread is that Muhammad was a prophet, but the arguments against this are interesting, I have to admit that. More solid proof and I might believe it. Unfortunately this feels just like saying Jesus never lived.

May God guide you into the light
Allah will guide us slowly brother, we have to be patient. If you know how to read Arabic, then my opening thread may help you somehow, inshaAllah. If you don't know how to read Arabic, then please wait, until Allah makes it clear for you.

If you are referring to Eisa by mentioning Jesus, then again my opening thread will help you on this as well. Eisa, Ibrahim, Musa and many others are clearly mentioned as names in alQuraan.

May God increase our knowledge and guide us to His path :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

noshirk

salaam

before being a nabi, Muhammad was a pagan.
we can deduce from that that the name he was given at birth was probably pagan.

some historians give the name of Qotham, or Zobath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Muhammad)

according to legends, he was named qotham by his great father in memory of a son lost 3 years before.

on the other side, even the name of the father of the prophet. Abd Allah is not usual in pagan society and it seems that there is no abdallah before that abdallah.

Whatever is the real name of the prophet before prophecy, his name after is Muhammad or Ahmed wich are extracted from the same root.

Peace
noshirk=trying to never mix teachings of The unique Rabb with other teachings, and specially any kind of clerical teachings.

Jafar

Quote from: noshirk on January 17, 2013, 11:31:45 AM
before being a nabi, Muhammad was a pagan.

Certainly you (or anybody else still living at the moment) do not know that for certain.

noshirk

Quote from: Jafar on January 17, 2013, 12:16:14 PM
Certainly you (or anybody else still living at the moment) do not know that for certain.

salaam

6:155 And this is a Book that We have sent down which is blessed, so follow it and be aware, that you may receive mercy.
6:156 Lest you say: "The Book was only sent down to two groups before us, and we were unaware of their study!"
6:157 Or you say: "If the Book was sent to us we would have been more guided than they!" Clarity has come to you from your Lord, and a guidance and a mercy. Who is more wicked than he who denies the revelations of God and turns away from them? ....

62:2 He is the One who sent to the OMMIYIN a messenger from among themselves, to recite to them His revelations, and to purify them, and teach them the Book and the wisdom. And before this, they were clearly astray.

3:20 If they debate with you, then say: "I have submitted myself to God, as well as those who follow me." And say to those who have received the Book and the OMMYIN: "Have you submitted?" If they have submitted then they are guided, and if they turn away, then you are only to deliver, and God is Seer over the servants.

7:157 "Those who follow the OMMI messenger prophet whom they find written for them in the Torah and the Injeel; he orders them to kindness, and prohibits them from vice, and he makes lawful for them the good things, and he makes unlawful for them the evil things, and he removes their burden and the shackles that are upon them. So those who believe in him, and support him, and help him persevere, and follow the light that was sent down with him; these are the successful ones."

OMMI meaning is clear according to quran : who don't receive book.
the illeterate meaning is from hadiths.

Peace
noshirk=trying to never mix teachings of The unique Rabb with other teachings, and specially any kind of clerical teachings.

FindingTheTruePath

Peace be upon you all,

I also, like brother Man of Faith, do not idolize the prophet Muhammad, but reading through some of the posts (in other threads) here I feel as some people think this was just a regular delivery guy from DHL who came to drop off a package. For me personally he has my utmost respect, for he was chosen from all of mankind to deliver Allah's message. He is also described in the Quran as an 'honoured messenger' ... so why do we not hold him in honour (without idolizing him)?

Asad: Behold, this [Quran] is indeed the [inspired] word of a noble apostle,
Pickthall: That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger.
Sahih: [That] indeed, the Qur'an is the word of a noble Messenger.
Shakir: Most surely, it is the Word brought by an honored Apostle,
YusufAli: That this is verily the word of an honoured messenger;

I struggled for a long time with the Hadith ... they just did not make ?sense?, just as I am struggling to understand why it is claimed his name was not Muhammad.  I cannot rationalise the reasons given so far. Maybe I have missed something.

Peace to you all.

farida

Quote from: FindingTheTruePath on January 17, 2013, 03:07:17 PM
Peace be upon you all,

I also, like brother Man of Faith, do not idolize the prophet Muhammad, but reading through some of the posts (in other threads) here I feel as some people think this was just a regular delivery guy from DHL who came to drop off a package. For me personally he has my utmost respect, for he was chosen from all of mankind to deliver Allah's message. He is also described in the Quran as an 'honoured messenger' ... so why do we not hold him in honour (without idolizing him)?
Asad: Behold, this [Quran] is indeed the [inspired] word of a noble apostle,
Pickthall: That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger.
Sahih: [That] indeed, the Qur'an is the word of a noble Messenger.
Shakir: Most surely, it is the Word brought by an honored Apostle,
YusufAli: That this is verily the word of an honoured messenger;

I struggled for a long time with the Ahadith; they just did not make ?sense?, just as I am struggling to understand why it is claimed his name was not Muhammad.  I cannot rationalise the reasons given so far. Maybe I have missed something.
Peace to you all.

salaam FindingTheTruePath

Don't struggle too much brother just take, what some are trying to convey, with a pinch of salt.  After all this is 'free minds' and it doesn't cost them anything to play pick and chose, between play the  man or play the ball. ;)

:peace:

GODsubmitter

Interesting little info here:

Mahomet

Mahomet, the history of whom is well known to us, recognized the teaching of Moses and Jesus Christ. He thought that he had to draw people's attention to wrong interpretations given by Jews-rabbis, but at the swne time he criticized also the Orthodox Church - particularly for its final decision accepted in the 4th century to recognized Jesus Christ as a God's Son and stating the dogma of Trinity. Jesus Christ was for him a prophet lighted up by the Holy Spirit (Ghost). Mahomet considered himself to be a person, whom archangel Gavriil ordered to teach people, but his personal behaviour was not ordered him from the above, he did not pretend to it.

One must not forget that the Arabs' cultural level in the epoch of Mahomet was lower than that one in the epoch of Jesus Christ. They were idolaters and did not dispose moral foundations stated according to religious laws. The law of the strong one predominated among them in the epoch of Moses at the beginning of the 7th century.

As well as Moses Mahomet forcibly brought his people to monotheism and worldly morals.

source:
http://www.webjam.com/karaim/anan_ben_david
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.