News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

:: Was Muhammed name of a Prophet? ::

Started by mmkhan, September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reee

Just saw this thread. Some time ago, I also wondered about the different endings/vocalisations of the prophtes mentioned in Qur'an. Actually, it's not only Muhammad that falls out of the rule but several more: Nuh, Hud, Saleh, Lut, Shu'ayb; all others are definite= without nunation/tanween. So maybe all undefinite names could be attributes while the others are proper names?
الله اكبر من الاديان

mmkhan

Quote from: Reee on December 31, 2012, 06:54:49 AM
Just saw this thread. Some time ago, I also wondered about the different endings/vocalisations of the prophtes mentioned in Qur'an. Actually, it's not only Muhammad that falls out of the rule but several more: Nuh, Hud, Saleh, Lut, Shu'ayb; all others are definite= without nunation/tanween. So maybe all undefinite names could be attributes while the others are proper names?
Salaam Reee,

Yes I agree. Nuh, Hud, Saleh, Lut, Shu3aib are also in question because in some places they are used with tanween. May Allah guide us and increase us in knowledge  :pr

May Allah bless you,
mmKhan

6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

GODsubmitter

How much excellent and valuable information one can find here in this Forum!

Thank you guys, you are amazing!
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

hawk99

Peace,

ROOT:Hmd

[47:2] Those who believe and work righteousness, and believe in what was sent down to Muhammad?which is the truth from their Lord?He remits their sins, and blesses them with contentment.

Sahih International: And those who believe and do righteous deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He will remove from them their misdeeds and amend their condition.

[3:144] Muhammad was no more than a messenger like the messengers before him. Should he die or get killed, would you turn back on your heels? Anyone who turns back on his heels, does not hurt GOD in the least. GOD rewards those who are appreciative.

[33;40]Sahih International: Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.

Sahih International: Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.[48:29]

I don't understand the confusion, help!   

Peace

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

FindingTheTruePath

Peace be upon you all,

I am new to this forum and am genuinely baffled by this thread. When a translation from one language to another language is carried out, the words chosen reflect the style of the translator?s interpretation of the original meanings. Some may adopt a more ?literal? style of translation or some try to bring out the ?flavour? of the text, but in all this ? names are NEVER translated.  So, why are you translating the name Mohammed?

If, for example, I know a man whose name is Hasan (which means beautiful), when I call him, I will say ?Hey Hasan, how are you??

I will not say ?Hey Beautiful, how are you??

So, Why are you translating names? 
Peace.

Man of Faith

Peace all,

It was interesting to read about your theories, personally I believe there was a Muhammad, but not like hadiths claim. And humans are known to beautify history, portraying it better than it was because they more or less idolized the prophet, making historical sources biased.

This was my view of what was discussed.

Another thing that came to mind when you wrote about Ahmed and Muhammad. In the Bible's OT we can read that Abraham's name was first Abram, but God said he was to be called Abraham after he had proven himself. I do not know if this has anything to do with the name confusion.

Anyway, the message of the Quran is more important than the messengers of old. God used these devotees as signs for mankind. It may be why God has not made their names proper, as the person behind the name was a sign to mankind.

Of course the Quran talks about a man living in the 7th century as you can see stories narrated with a good description of the events. Most likely was that man named Muhammad or Ahmed maybe first.

Like I said, his name is not important other than knowing of his existence as a sign and living up to the message both he and previous messengers delivered.

Most things written in hadith is just pure nonsense, especially regarding religious practice. They are probably fairy tales invented in the legend of prophet Muhammad, just as untrue things were attributed to Jesus and other messengers.

May God help us follow the light.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

mmkhan

Quote from: FindingTheTruePath on January 05, 2013, 11:37:12 PM
Peace be upon you all,

I am new to this forum and am genuinely baffled by this thread. When a translation from one language to another language is carried out, the words chosen reflect the style of the translator?s interpretation of the original meanings. Some may adopt a more ?literal? style of translation or some try to bring out the ?flavour? of the text, but in all this ? names are NEVER translated.  So, why are you translating the name Mohammed?

If, for example, I know a man whose name is Hasan (which means beautiful), when I call him, I will say ?Hey Hasan, how are you??

I will not say ?Hey Beautiful, how are you??

So, Why are you translating names? 
Peace.
Peace fttp,

How do you know that "Muhammad" is the name, if you can prove it, I will not translate it again. To understand what I am saying, please go through my opening post of this thread, inshaAllah you will understand that "Muhammad" is not a name.

May Allah increase us in knowledge and guide us to His only path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

mmkhan

Quote from: Man of Faith on January 06, 2013, 03:34:30 AM
Peace all,

It was interesting to read about your theories, personally I believe there was a Muhammad, but not like hadiths claim. And humans are known to beautify history, portraying it better than it was because they more or less idolized the prophet, making historical sources biased.

This was my view of what was discussed.
Peace MoF,

I respect your views :handshake:

Another thing that came to mind when you wrote about Ahmed and Muhammad. In the Bible's OT we can read that Abraham's name was first Abram, but God said he was to be called Abraham after he had proven himself. I do not know if this has anything to do with the name confusion.

21:59 قَالُوۡا مَنۡ فَعَلَ ہٰذَا بِاٰلِہَتِنَاۤ اِنَّہٗ لَمِنَ الظّٰلِمِیۡنَ
21:59 They said, "Who has done this to our gods? Indeed, he is of the wrongdoers."

21:60 قَالُوۡا سَمِعۡنَا فَتًی یَّذۡکُرُہُمۡ یُقَالُ لَہٗۤ اِبۡرٰہِیۡمُ
21:60 They said, "We heard a young man mention them who is called Ibrahim."

As per these aayaats, Ibrahim was called Ibrahim since his teen age.

May Allah increase our knowledge and guide us to His only path  :pr
mmKhan

Man of Faith

Peace mmkhan,

Ok, so the OT is wrong on that matter too. See how little we can trust the Bible/Torah. And some people believe full out in Hadith.

Well, I stated that he was called Abram and thought it could be a link to this, but obviously this is not the case.

However, logically there was a prophet in the 7th century who delivered the Quran, but his name is not overly important. Although I doubt the prophet would be unknown/anonymous in the scripture.

We must follow his message, the Quran. Not man-made hadith which has been attributed to him and not follow our own conjecture or wishful thinking.

May God help us understand the truth
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

hawk99

Peace mmkhan,

I never met a person that did not have a name, so who received the revelation?  :nope:

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden