About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

:: Was Muhammed name of a Prophet? ::

Started by mmkhan, September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazhar

Quote from: mmkhan on September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM
Salaam,

I am wondering how this can be solved. I never found any names in AlQuraan ending with this tanween either two of them, as in Muhammed i.e.,

Other prophet's names used in AlQuraan are as:

اِبۡرٰہِیۡمَ
اِسۡحٰقَ
اِسۡمٰعِیۡلَ
ہٰرُوۡنَ
مُوۡسٰی
سُلَیۡمٰنَ
دَاوٗدَ
اَیُّوۡبَ
یُوۡسُفَ
یَعۡقُوۡبَ
اِلۡیَاسَ
زَکَرِیَّا
یَحۡیٰی
عِیۡسٰی
یُوۡنُسَ

Why not any name ends with tanween? Is Muhammed not a name? If it is a name then how about 6:114 and 6:139?

6:114 اَفَغَیۡرَ اللّٰہِ اَبۡتَغِیۡ حَکَمًا وَّ ہُوَ الَّذِیۡۤ اَنۡزَلَ اِلَیۡکُمُ الۡکِتٰبَ مُفَصَّلًا ؕ وَ الَّذِیۡنَ اٰتَیۡنٰہُمُ الۡکِتٰبَ یَعۡلَمُوۡنَ اَنَّہٗ مُنَزَّلٌ مِّنۡ رَّبِّکَ بِالۡحَقِّ فَلَا تَکُوۡنَنَّ مِنَ الۡمُمۡتَرِیۡنَ
6:114 Then is it other than Allah I should seek as judge while it is He who has revealed to you the Book explained in detail?" And those to whom We gave the Scripture know that it is sent down from your Lord in truth, so never be among the doubters.

مُنَزَّلٌ is set on same weight as مُحَمَّدٌ so why don't they used it as a name? Please click here to see other translations of this aayat.

6:139 وَ قَالُوۡا مَا فِیۡ بُطُوۡنِ ہٰذِہِ الۡاَنۡعَامِ خَالِصَۃٌ لِّذُکُوۡرِنَا وَ مُحَرَّمٌ عَلٰۤی اَزۡوَاجِنَا ۚ وَ اِنۡ یَّکُنۡ مَّیۡتَۃً فَہُمۡ فِیۡہِ شُرَکَآءُ ؕ سَیَجۡزِیۡہِمۡ وَصۡفَہُمۡ ؕ اِنَّہٗ حَکِیۡمٌ عَلِیۡمٌ
6:139 And they say, "What is in the bellies of these animals is exclusively for our males and forbidden to our females. But if it is  dead, then all of them have shares therein." He will punish them for their description. Indeed, He is Wise and Knowing.

مُحَرَّمٌ is also set on same weight as مُحَمَّدٌ, so why did they translate it and why not use as a name? Please click here to see other translations.

If we also translate the word مُحَمَّدٌ, which is derived from the word حَمۡدُ, means praise and مُحَمَّدٌ means praised one.

48:29 مُحَمَّدٌ رَّسُوۡلُ اللّٰہِ...
48:29 Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah... [regular translation]

If we translate the word مُحَمَّدٌ, 48:29 will be translated as "Praised one is the Messenger of Allah....", this means whoever is the Messenger of Allah is the praised one.

Fortunately or unfortunately I don't have any evidence, not a single aayat that says that AlQuraan was given to Muhammad. Why there is no such aayat if it was given to him?

All explanations, comments, suggestions, critics, advises, support are welcome.

May Allah increase us in knowledge and guide us to His true path  :pr
mmKhan

Salamun alaika,

Problem will be resolved and confusion will go away InshaAllah the moment you find time to read in some gramar book about Tanween and its divisions.

[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]

Bender

Quote from: Maha on September 19, 2012, 05:44:26 AM
My understanding is that Muhammad is not a name but a title for people who deserves praise. This title is also used in the bible, where its been translated as 'lovely one'.

All prophets were Muhammad's and I agree with Nomad that every righteous person can also become a Muhammad.

Hadithers just altered the muhammad title by twisting it to mean a name of a particular person and created a whole cult around this non-exsisting person. They needed to create that person in order to have someone they could attribute all their nonsense to.

If the muhammad title wasnt found in the quran, they would simply just find another title which they could label as being a name.
For instance, God in Quran ask us to be truthfull(sadek).
1. --> Hadithers begin to claim that Sadek is the name of the messenger of Quran

2.  They begin to say and write a lot of things which they claim Sadek said.

3. They make a new shahada which ends with: Sadekrasool Allah

And woula - Sadek is created. And by time, even his whole life is also created, where he was born in mekka and married 11 women, one of them being a litte child. In other words, my dear friend - we are talking about hadithers playing the game SIMS of the 8 century version!

In reality, we dont have any knowledge of what the name of the prophet who came with quran was. God choosed to hold his identity unknown, and call him 'oh prophet' in the quran.

Peace

Salaam,

Who are the hadithers?

RED:  I don't think so.
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

Bender

Quote from: mmkhan on September 19, 2012, 06:17:56 AM
Salaam,

And also take a look at the ending part of Aayat "But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, This is obvious magic."

mmKhan

Salaam bro,

I took a look but I have no idea what exactly you want to show.
Can you point out which word(s) or explain further.

Salaam,
Bender

Maha

Quote from: Bender on September 19, 2012, 07:33:43 AM
Salaam,

Who are the hadithers?

RED:  I don't think so.

surah tahreem 1: O prophet

so yes i think so :o
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

Bender

Quote from: Maha on September 19, 2012, 07:40:26 AM
surah tahreem 1: O prophet

so yes i think so :o

Salaam,

So no :D , I don't think so  :nope:

you didn't answer my first question, who do you mean with the hadithers?

Maha

Quote from: Bender on September 19, 2012, 07:44:31 AM
Salaam,

So no :D , I don't think so  :nope:

you didn't answer my first question, who do you mean with the hadithers?

I dont understand what you mean brother. I just gave you a verse where the messenger is called ''oh prophet''.

By hadithers I mean the people who made up the hadith stuff.

Peace
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

noshirk

Salaam
very interesting post
according to 61-6, it seems as if the name of the nabi was Ahmedou and was changed later to Muhammad, by dummy scholars..
Peace
noshirk=trying to never mix teachings of The unique Rabb with other teachings, and specially any kind of clerical teachings.

mmkhan

Quote from: Bender on September 19, 2012, 07:36:39 AM
Salaam bro,

I took a look but I have no idea what exactly you want to show.
Can you point out which word(s) or explain further.

Salaam,
Bender
Salaam brother,

When he [Ahmed] CAME to them with clear evidences, they SAID, this is obvious magic. This means, Ahmed came already and he got answer from his people that was magic.

mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

Bender

Quote from: Maha on September 19, 2012, 08:49:35 AM
I dont understand what you mean brother. I just gave you a verse where the messenger is called ''oh prophet''.

By hadithers I mean the people who made up the hadith stuff.

Peace

Salaam sister,

The verse 66:1 is talking directly to the nabi at this moment, not a nabi from the past.

It's exactly the same as for example:
5:51 "... يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا "
or
10:23 "...  يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ ...."
There are hunderds of verses like this.

As per my current understanding when "ya-ayyuha..." is used then it's referring at the one who is present at the moment who fits the description after the word "ya-ayyuhaa", not someone from the past.

Please take a look at this verse to understand better:
12:88 فَلَمَّا دَخَلُوا عَلَيْهِ قَالُوا يَا أَيُّهَا الْعَزِيزُ مَسَّنَا وَأَهْلَنَا الضُّرُّ وَجِئْنَا بِبِضَاعَةٍ مُزْجَاةٍ فَأَوْفِ لَنَا الْكَيْلَ وَتَصَدَّقْ عَلَيْنَا ۖ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ يَجْزِي الْمُتَصَدِّقِينَ
They are talking directly to the one who at that moment fits the description of alaziez.

btw. The story of Yusuf and his brothers explains  a lot for seekers of knowledge  :yes

RED: ok, I misunderstood.

Salaam,
Bender

Bender

Quote from: mmkhan on September 19, 2012, 11:16:48 AM
Salaam brother,

When he [Ahmed] CAME to them with clear evidences, they SAID, this is obvious magic. This means, Ahmed came already and he got answer from his people that was magic.

mmKhan

Salaam brother,

:o
I think I see brackets  :hypno: 
:voodoo:

I am still not sure to who the "he" is referring. Is it to Ahmed or Isa  :hmm

a request, please don't translate sihr with magic.

Salaam,
Bender