News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

:: Was Muhammed name of a Prophet? ::

Started by mmkhan, September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmkhan

Salaam,

I am wondering how this can be solved. I never found any names in AlQuraan ending with this tanween either two of them, as in Muhammed i.e.,

Other prophet's names used in AlQuraan are as:

اِبۡرٰہِیۡمَ
اِسۡحٰقَ
اِسۡمٰعِیۡلَ
ہٰرُوۡنَ
مُوۡسٰی
سُلَیۡمٰنَ
دَاوٗدَ
اَیُّوۡبَ
یُوۡسُفَ
یَعۡقُوۡبَ
اِلۡیَاسَ
زَکَرِیَّا
یَحۡیٰی
عِیۡسٰی
یُوۡنُسَ

Why not any name ends with tanween? Is Muhammed not a name? If it is a name then how about 6:114 and 6:139?

6:114 اَفَغَیۡرَ اللّٰہِ اَبۡتَغِیۡ حَکَمًا وَّ ہُوَ الَّذِیۡۤ اَنۡزَلَ اِلَیۡکُمُ الۡکِتٰبَ مُفَصَّلًا ؕ وَ الَّذِیۡنَ اٰتَیۡنٰہُمُ الۡکِتٰبَ یَعۡلَمُوۡنَ اَنَّہٗ مُنَزَّلٌ مِّنۡ رَّبِّکَ بِالۡحَقِّ فَلَا تَکُوۡنَنَّ مِنَ الۡمُمۡتَرِیۡنَ
6:114 Then is it other than Allah I should seek as judge while it is He who has revealed to you the Book explained in detail?" And those to whom We gave the Scripture know that it is sent down from your Lord in truth, so never be among the doubters.

مُنَزَّلٌ is set on same weight as مُحَمَّدٌ so why don't they used it as a name? Please click here to see other translations of this aayat.

6:139 وَ قَالُوۡا مَا فِیۡ بُطُوۡنِ ہٰذِہِ الۡاَنۡعَامِ خَالِصَۃٌ لِّذُکُوۡرِنَا وَ مُحَرَّمٌ عَلٰۤی اَزۡوَاجِنَا ۚ وَ اِنۡ یَّکُنۡ مَّیۡتَۃً فَہُمۡ فِیۡہِ شُرَکَآءُ ؕ سَیَجۡزِیۡہِمۡ وَصۡفَہُمۡ ؕ اِنَّہٗ حَکِیۡمٌ عَلِیۡمٌ
6:139 And they say, "What is in the bellies of these animals is exclusively for our males and forbidden to our females. But if it is  dead, then all of them have shares therein." He will punish them for their description. Indeed, He is Wise and Knowing.

مُحَرَّمٌ is also set on same weight as مُحَمَّدٌ, so why did they translate it and why not use as a name? Please click here to see other translations.

If we also translate the word مُحَمَّدٌ, which is derived from the word حَمۡدُ, means praise and مُحَمَّدٌ means praised one.

48:29 مُحَمَّدٌ رَّسُوۡلُ اللّٰہِ...
48:29 Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah... [regular translation]

If we translate the word مُحَمَّدٌ, 48:29 will be translated as "Praised one is the Messenger of Allah....", this means whoever is the Messenger of Allah is the praised one.

Fortunately or unfortunately I don't have any evidence, not a single aayat that says that AlQuraan was given to Muhammad. Why there is no such aayat if it was given to him?

All explanations, comments, suggestions, critics, advises, support are welcome.

May Allah increase us in knowledge and guide us to His true path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

NOMAD

Salaam

In fact means some sense, by Quran teachings and applying it and studing carefully, any one of us can be Muhamed, and a Rasul of the Quran message. its the time you perfected youre deen and then you can pass to others..
Quran teach us..IMOP to be messangers ourselfs. no one of us being special than other..just deliverers of the mesage. inside our coomunities countries cityes neighboorhoods we (because we study and inherited Quran laws) must spread truth and be active as like a rassul in and to whoever sourounds us.
Maybe im just talking sh... but Allah knows best:)

Thanks mmkahn for youre great posts, youre a nice piece of this freeminds puzzle :) :sun:

Salaam to all, from GharbAlandalus
(2:26) Allah is not shy to strike a parable whatsoever a gnat or larger. Those who believe know that it is the truth from their Lord. As for those who disbelieve they ask: 'What could Allah mean by this parable? By it, Allah misleads many and guides many. ' But He misleads none except the evildoers

mmkhan

Quote from: NOMAD on September 18, 2012, 07:22:06 PM
Salaam

In fact means some sense, by Quran teachings and applying it and studing carefully, any one of us can be Muhamed, and a Rasul of the Quran message. its the time you perfected youre deen and then you can pass to others..
Quran teach us..IMOP to be messangers ourselfs. no one of us being special than other..just deliverers of the mesage. inside our coomunities countries cityes neighboorhoods we (because we study and inherited Quran laws) must spread truth and be active as like a rassul in and to whoever sourounds us.
Maybe im just talking sh... but Allah knows best:)

Thanks mmkahn for youre great posts, youre a nice piece of this freeminds puzzle :) :sun:

Salaam to all, from GharbAlandalus
Salaam brother,

I agree with you. And I also believe that making someone special is giving a place beside God which is clear shirk. Only Allah is special and all respect due to Him alone.

I am glad to know that you like my posts, thank you for taking your time to read them  :)

May Allah protect us from all kind of Shirk and increase us in knowledge and keep us guiding to His only path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

huruf

33.40  مَّا كَانَ مُحَمَّدٌ أَبَا أَحَدٍ مِّن رِّ‌جَالِكُمْ وَلَـٰكِن رَّ‌سُولَ اللَّـهِ وَخَاتَمَ النَّبِيِّينَ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّـهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمًا

33.40 Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men, but is God?s Apostle and the Seal of all Prophets. And God has indeed full knowledge of everything.

My understanding of this matter, is that what God is telling us is the same thing He keeps telling: prophets are all one, praised, exalted, because of the divine light and message, humanity is one, praised, exalted, because of the divine light and message, the seal of the prophets is THE MESSAGE. There has only been one message from God, the same message all over and over, in one language or another, in one form or another, there is only one message coming from God: we are Hi, everything is His, and to Him everyone and everything shall return. The seal of Prophecy stated by the prophet who received the Qur'an is the seal of conformity to the Qur'an, of corresponding to the Qur'an.

muhammad, may be a name or not, it is grade a condition attained by submission and belonging in heart and mind to the rabb, may be it is a name or may it is not and what nomad says makes sense that we all receive a message personally when we dare and can attain to that blessing and exaltation. It is humanity's vocation to be exalted and be one with everything and everybody and with all the prophets.

One again, the message is the unity of God, the unity of everything. We are not loose, we are not lost, we are one.

Salaam

Maha

My understanding is that Muhammad is not a name but a title for people who deserves praise. This title is also used in the bible, where its been translated as 'lovely one'.

All prophets were Muhammad's and I agree with Nomad that every righteous person can also become a Muhammad.

Hadithers just altered the muhammad title by twisting it to mean a name of a particular person and created a whole cult around this non-exsisting person. They needed to create that person in order to have someone they could attribute all their nonsense to.

If the muhammad title wasnt found in the quran, they would simply just find another title which they could label as being a name.
For instance, God in Quran ask us to be truthfull(sadek).
1. --> Hadithers begin to claim that Sadek is the name of the messenger of Quran

2.  They begin to say and write a lot of things which they claim Sadek said.

3. They make a new shahada which ends with: Sadekrasool Allah

And woula - Sadek is created. And by time, even his whole life is also created, where he was born in mekka and married 11 women, one of them being a litte child. In other words, my dear friend - we are talking about hadithers playing the game SIMS of the 8 century version!

In reality, we dont have any knowledge of what the name of the prophet who came with quran was. God choosed to hold his identity unknown, and call him 'oh prophet' in the quran.

Peace
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

Ayisha

In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

Maha

Quote from: Ayisha on September 19, 2012, 05:56:37 AM
what about in 61.6  ???

this is 61,6

And when Jesus, son of Mary, said: �O children of Israel, I am a messenger of God to you, authenticating what is between my hands of the Torah and bringing good news of a messenger to come after me whose name will be �most acclaimed.�� But when he showed them the clear proofs, they said: �This is clearly magic�

what is it you dont understand in it?
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

mmkhan

Quote from: Ayisha on September 19, 2012, 05:56:37 AM
what about in 61.6  ???
Salaam,

61:6 وَ اِذۡ قَالَ عِیۡسَی ابۡنُ مَرۡیَمَ یٰبَنِیۡۤ اِسۡرَآءِیۡلَ اِنِّیۡ رَسُوۡلُ اللّٰہِ اِلَیۡکُمۡ مُّصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَیۡنَ یَدَیَّ مِنَ التَّوۡرٰىۃِ وَ مُبَشِّرًۢا بِرَسُوۡلٍ یَّاۡتِیۡ مِنۡۢ بَعۡدِی اسۡمُہٗۤ اَحۡمَدُ ؕ فَلَمَّا جَآءَہُمۡ بِالۡبَیِّنٰتِ قَالُوۡا ہٰذَا سِحۡرٌ مُّبِیۡنٌ
61:6 And when Eisa, son of Maryam, said, "O sons of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic."

اَحۡمَدُ

If you notice this is also without tanween, unlike Muahmmed.

And also take a look at the ending part of Aayat "But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, This is obvious magic."

mmKhan

Ayisha

Quote from: mmkhan on September 19, 2012, 06:17:56 AM
Salaam,

61:6 وَ اِذۡ قَالَ عِیۡسَی ابۡنُ مَرۡیَمَ یٰبَنِیۡۤ اِسۡرَآءِیۡلَ اِنِّیۡ رَسُوۡلُ اللّٰہِ اِلَیۡکُمۡ مُّصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَیۡنَ یَدَیَّ مِنَ التَّوۡرٰىۃِ وَ مُبَشِّرًۢا بِرَسُوۡلٍ یَّاۡتِیۡ مِنۡۢ بَعۡدِی اسۡمُہٗۤ اَحۡمَدُ ؕ فَلَمَّا جَآءَہُمۡ بِالۡبَیِّنٰتِ قَالُوۡا ہٰذَا سِحۡرٌ مُّبِیۡنٌ
61:6 And when Eisa, son of Maryam, said, "O sons of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic."

اَحۡمَدُ

If you notice this is also without tanween, unlike Muahmmed.

And also take a look at the ending part of Aayat "But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, This is obvious magic."

mmKhan

but that one is saying it's a 'name' is what I mean. Is there something in Arabic grammar that says 'this is a NAME' of someone..............not sure what I'm trying to get across here, sorry.

I can see there is a difference in the word Muhammed to the others but don't know enough about the grammar and such to have a clue what tanween actually means or does to a word.

:peace:
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

Noon waalqalami

Quote from: mmkhan on September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM
If we also translate the word مُحَمَّدٌ, which is derived from the word حَمۡدُ, means praise and مُحَمَّدٌ means praised one.

48:29 مُحَمَّدٌ رَّسُوۡلُ اللّٰہِ...
48:29 Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah... [regular translation]

If we translate the word مُحَمَّدٌ, 48:29 will be translated as "Praised one is the Messenger of Allah....", this means whoever is the Messenger of Allah is the praised one.

Peace mmkhan,

That is imprecise; no "is" in the verse nor can praised one be substituted in the verses to make sense. Simply try it...

3:144 وما and not محمد Muhammad الا only رسول messenger

33:40 ما not كان is محمد Muhammad ابا father احد one من from رجالكم your men ولكن and nonetheless رسول messenger الله The God وخاتم and seal النبيين the prophets وكان and is الله The God بكل in every شيء a thing عليما Knowing

48:29 محمد Muhammad رسول messenger الله The God والذين and the ones who معه with him اشداء tough على on الكفار the disbelievers رحماء merciful (plural) بينهم among them

Quote from: mmkhan on September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM
Fortunately or unfortunately I don't have any evidence, not a single aayat that says that AlQuraan was given to Muhammad. Why there is no such aayat if it was given to him?

47:2 والذين and the ones who امنوا believe وعملوا and do الصالحات the righteous works وامنوا and believe بما in what نزل descended على on محمد Muhammad وهو and it الحق the truth من from ربهم their Lord كفر rids عنهم from them سيئاتهم their evil deeds واصلح and correct بالهم their condition

Qur'an is understood best via cross-reference and logical construct. Proof: بين between يديه His hands (i.e. directly from The God) transmission via Gabriel to messenger instructed to ?say?...

2:97 قل say من who كان is عدوا an enemy لجبريل to Gabriel فانه so indeed he نزله descended it على over قلبك your heart باذن by permission الله The God مصدقا confirming لما to what بين between يديه His hands وهدى and guidance وبشرى and glad tidings للمؤمنين to the believers

3:1 الم
3:2 الله The God لا no اله deity الا only هو He الحي The Living القيوم The Sustainer of all
3:3 نزل descended عليك to you الكتاب the book بالحق in the truth مصدقا confirming لما to what بين between يديه His hands وانزل and descended التوراه the Taurat والانجيل and The Injeel

12:111 لقد truly كان is في in قصصهم their stories عبره a lesson لاولي for those الالباب the understanding ما not كان is حديثا narratives/hadith يفترى invented ولكن and nonetheless تصديق confirmation الذي the one that بين between يديه His hands وتفصيل and detailed explanation كل each شيء a thing وهدى and guidance ورحمه and mercy لقوم for people يؤمنون they believe