News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Surah 2:62, will Muslims, Christians, Jews and Sabians be saved?

Started by XavierSlaveofGod, November 20, 2022, 12:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XavierSlaveofGod

Dear Muslim Brothers and Sisters, here is Surah 2:62 in the Quran. Can you explain to me your thoughts on the verse?

Various versions/translations:

"Yusuf Ali: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Shakir: Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the f Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Muhammad Sarwar: However, those who have become believers (the Muslims), and the Jews, the Christians and the Sabaeans who believe in God and the Day of Judgment and strive righteously will receive their reward from the Lord and will have nothing to fear nor will they be grieved.

Mohsin Khan: Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve .

Arberry: Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabaeans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness -- their wage awaits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them; neither shall they sorrow."

It seems like the verse is saying that Christians, Jews etc who believe in God and His Last Day, who do good works of righteousness like Prayers, Fasting, Alms-Giving (also commanded by Jesus Christ in the Gospel) etc will be saved, and receive a reward from the Lord God Almighty. Any thoughts on this verse, dear friends?

In Jesus and Mary,
Xavier.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).

XavierSlaveofGod

The Holy Bible says similar things about doing righteous good deeds to receive a reward from the Lord, along with believing in Him.

Gospel of Christ according to Saint Matthew, Chapter 6:

"A continuation of the sermon on the mount.

[1] Take heed that you do not your justice before men, to be seen by them: otherwise you shall not have a reward of your Father who is in heaven. [2] Therefore when thou dost an almsdeed, sound not a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be honoured by men. Amen I say to you, they have received their reward. [3] But when thou dost alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doth. [4] That thy alms may be in secret, and thy Father who seeth in secret will repay thee. [5] And when ye pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, that love to stand and pray in the synagogues and corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men: Amen I say to you, they have received their reward.

[1] "Your justice": that is, works of justice; viz., fasting, prayer, and almsdeeds; which ought to be performed not out of ostentation, or a view to please men, but solely to please God.

[6] But thou when thou shalt pray, enter into thy chamber, and having shut the door, pray to thy Father in secret: and thy Father who seeth in secret will repay thee. [7] And when you are praying, speak not much, as the heathens. For they think that in their much speaking they may be heard. [8] Be not you therefore like to them, for your Father knoweth what is needful for you, before you ask him. [9] Thus therefore shall you pray: Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

[11] Give us this day our supersubstantial bread. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil. Amen. [14] For if you will forgive men their offences, your heavenly Father will forgive you also your offences. [15] But if you will not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive you your offences.

[11] "Supersubstantial bread": In St. Luke the same word is rendered daily bread. It is understood of the bread of life, which we receive in the Blessed Sacrament.

[13] "Lead us not into temptation": That is, suffer us not to be overcome by temptation.

[16] And when you fast, be not as the hypocrites, sad. For they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Amen I say to you, they have received their reward. [17] But thou, when thou fastest anoint thy head, and wash thy face; [18] That thou appear not to men to fast, but to thy Father who is in secret: and thy Father who seeth in secret, will repay thee. [19] Lay not up to yourselves treasures on earth: where the rust, and moth consume, and where thieves break through and steal. [20] But lay up to yourselves treasures in heaven: where neither the rust nor moth doth consume, and where thieves do not break through, nor steal. [21] For where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also."

These "Treasures" that Jesus Christ says to store in Heaven are also called Treasury of Merits/Rewards. The more a Saint has worked for the Lord God, the Greater Rewards he will have on the Last Day of Divine Judgment. Thus in Revelation 2:10, Christ says, those faithful to God until death will receive from Him a Crown of Life. And in Revelation 12:1, He shows us Mother Mary, so faithful to Him, Crowned in Heaven as Queen of Angels and Saints with 12 Stars on Her Glorious Crown.

Revelation 12:1

"[1] And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars:"

Thoughts?

God Bless.
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else."(Mat 22:35-38).

Fusion

Quote from: XavierSlaveofGod on November 20, 2022, 12:20:13 PM
Dear Muslim Brothers and Sisters, here is Surah 2:62 in the Quran. Can you explain to me your thoughts on the verse?

Various versions/translations:

"Yusuf Ali: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Shakir: Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the f Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Muhammad Sarwar: However, those who have become believers (the Muslims), and the Jews, the Christians and the Sabaeans who believe in God and the Day of Judgment and strive righteously will receive their reward from the Lord and will have nothing to fear nor will they be grieved.

Mohsin Khan: Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve .

Arberry: Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabaeans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness -- their wage awaits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them; neither shall they sorrow."

It seems like the verse is saying that Christians, Jews etc who believe in God and His Last Day, who do good works of righteousness like Prayers, Fasting, Alms-Giving (also commanded by Jesus Christ in the Gospel) etc will be saved, and receive a reward from the Lord God Almighty. Any thoughts on this verse, dear friends?

In Jesus and Mary,
Xavier.

One needs to understand the essence of this verse which means that the criteria is NOT if you are christian or a jew or any one else for that matter will only make you  enter God's heaven but the criteria is same across all:

62   This has been your record, but in spite of it, you believe that you are Allah's chosen off-springs (5/18) and that paradise is reserved for your race (2/111). This is your vain imagining. Paradise is not reserved for any race. Our Law is that, irrespective of origin, any person from amongst the following:-

1.      Jews, Christians, Sabaeans;

2.      Those who believe in Allah without formally adopting any particular religion; and

3.      Those who are Muslim only by virtue of being born in a Muslim family.

Whoever believes in Allah's  as revealed to you O Rasool (2/137) and leads his life accordingly, will be duly compensated. Such a person will lead a life of heavenly bliss, free of fear, grief and anxiety.

Best Regards,

Wakas

This passage is basically saying it is irrelevant what one calls oneself, the important points are to believe in one God, do good deeds. In other words, it is an inclusive system.

Unlike in Christianity where some/many believe that one must accept Jesus as their only route to salvation. In other words it is an exclusive system.
In fact some even think doing good deeds is irrelevant as long as one accepts Jesus as their saviour.

See also:
https://misconceptions-about-islam.com/misconception.php?id=3
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

hawk99

Quote from: Wakas on November 21, 2022, 11:35:14 AM
This passage is basically saying it is irrelevant what one calls oneself, the important points are to believe in one God, do good deeds. In other words, it is an inclusive system.

Unlike in Christianity where some/many believe that one must accept Jesus as their only route to salvation. In other words it is an exclusive system.
In fact some even think doing good deeds is irrelevant as long as one accepts Jesus as their saviour.

See also:
https://misconceptions-about-islam.com/misconception.php?id=3

I agree, good people will have their reward:

[2:177]   Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

God bless

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Fusion

Quote from: hawk99 on November 21, 2022, 06:03:59 PM
I agree, good people will have their reward:

[2:177]   Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

God bless
                                                                                                          :peace:

A question comes into my mind, though Allah knows best the affairs of hearts of those people. What if some one fits on the above verse except that he does not believe in Allah,last day, angels and the book. Not that he is against these but due to specific circumstances he is not exposed to such beliefs. What would happen to such people.?
I do not have any specific circumstances but am sure there can be many instances of such scenarios.[ I personally know one Hindu who does a lot of charity and his heart melts when he sees people in pain and rushes to help but he does not want to study Quran or follow one God system because perhaps he is influenced by Islamophobia or how he is brought up or the media else his intentions are all correct].

thanks
Best Regards,

Wakas

peace Fusion,

It is possible that person could be classed as muslim not mumin. If they actively reject monotheism then they are in the danger zone. I'm not sure of their fate.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

jkhan

Quote from: Fusion on November 22, 2022, 12:56:33 AM
A question comes into my mind, though Allah knows best the affairs of hearts of those people. What if some one fits on the above verse except that he does not believe in Allah,last day, angels and the book. Not that he is against these but due to specific circumstances he is not exposed to such beliefs. What would happen to such people.?
I do not have any specific circumstances but am sure there can be many instances of such scenarios.[ I personally know one Hindu who does a lot of charity and his heart melts when he sees people in pain and rushes to help but he does not want to study Quran or follow one God system because perhaps he is influenced by Islamophobia or how he is brought up or the media else his intentions are all correct].

thanks

It's a reasonable concern... That's what we see in life... People are good.  Most people have good habits of life while very few people have worse characters...good habits or good morals and thus bringing forth purification (Salat and Zakath) is not enough in the eyes of God. With that ehat needs us belief in God... Failing that is in fact vain our being good in life...

Look at every mother in the earth.. How hard it is to bear a child and let children grow and educate bla bla.. How committed they are in teaching children good habits etc.. How cruel God to punish mothers... Is that what we have to say to God... No.. We are created not to live a peaceful life and be good on this earth and die... But beyond that. .believe in God and obey Him and remember Him...

Yes in every community there are charitable people.. Charity is not merely money... How charitable true friends among them... But true friendship is meaningless if they don't believe in God... Kindness love and charity are great things in life...
For example.. I have seen when I used to go to school by train a father always bring his son and daughter early morning in bike and run to buy ticket and kiss both children and wait until train leaves.. Then he leaves with happy face... And come in the evening to pick them.. How committed..  How thsnkful those children should be to their parents..  But if God punish that father hiw cruel God is.. Why God.. This man lived a life for his kids.. And did all he could.. Total commitment...  So don't judge by outer appearance...

God created with purpose.. And that purpose He has explained... Leaving God aside and living an ideal peaceful good life is waste..  They loved the life of this world and not obeyed God...
Be it muslim or Hindu or Christan or Jew or atheist whatever... Having a peaceful commited life by not being a trouble maker to society but helpful to society won't be enough...
Just look at the life of father of Ibrahim... I don't see anything bad mentioned about him in Quran... Was he a bad person?  I don't think so... Ibrahim is not a fool to beg from Allah for a bad cruel person... He knew his father and his good he was... That's why he begged... But being good not gonna be sufficient...  I am afraid... Believe in God and do righteous deeds thus be commited and bringforth purification... They are successful...
So let there be Hindu muslim christian or whatever...  Let them tally with God's stipulation naturally... They will be successful...

Charity alone won't take us to our final destination ...

Thank you
Peace..
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

Fusion

Quote from: jkhan on November 22, 2022, 05:08:46 AM
It's a reasonable concern... That's what we see in life... People are good.  Most people have good habits of life while very few people have worse characters...good habits or good morals and thus bringing forth purification (Salat and Zakath) is not enough in the eyes of God. With that ehat needs us belief in God... Failing that is in fact vain our being good in life...

Look at every mother in the earth.. How hard it is to bear a child and let children grow and educate bla bla.. How committed they are in teaching children good habits etc.. How cruel God to punish mothers... Is that what we have to say to God... No.. We are created not to live a peaceful life and be good on this earth and die... But beyond that. .believe in God and obey Him and remember Him...

Yes in every community there are charitable people.. Charity is not merely money... How charitable true friends among them... But true friendship is meaningless if they don't believe in God... Kindness love and charity are great things in life...
For example.. I have seen when I used to go to school by train a father always bring his son and daughter early morning in bike and run to buy ticket and kiss both children and wait until train leaves.. Then he leaves with happy face... And come in the evening to pick them.. How committed..  How thsnkful those children should be to their parents..  But if God punish that father hiw cruel God is.. Why God.. This man lived a life for his kids.. And did all he could.. Total commitment...  So don't judge by outer appearance...

God created with purpose.. And that purpose He has explained... Leaving God aside and living an ideal peaceful good life is waste..  They loved the life of this world and not obeyed God...
Be it muslim or Hindu or Christan or Jew or atheist whatever... Having a peaceful commited life by not being a trouble maker to society but helpful to society won't be enough...
Just look at the life of father of Ibrahim... I don't see anything bad mentioned about him in Quran... Was he a bad person?  I don't think so... Ibrahim is not a fool to beg from Allah for a bad cruel person... He knew his father and his good he was... That's why he begged... But being good not gonna be sufficient...  I am afraid... Believe in God and do righteous deeds thus be commited and bringforth purification... They are successful...
So let there be Hindu muslim christian or whatever...  Let them tally with God's stipulation naturally... They will be successful...

Charity alone won't take us to our final destination ...

Thank you
Peace..

Yes you made the point very clear. However still one concern which is that no one actively rejects God but they are caught in a circumstances where they are not even exposed to the God alone and subsequent teachings.
Let me give an example. Between two prophets for example there might be few hundred years or more.. All those folks who caught up in between may not have an active prophet among them nor have any assembled books like we have now. They are spread in villages and remote places and follow the system of their fathers. As if the actual message not any messenger not any other guided person came into their lives and guide them on right path. So what would happen to those? whose fault it it? So that brings another question. After prophets have passed away who duty is to spread the message of God. Will we all be asked or held accountable that we did not spread the true message and just spend our lives comfortably?
Best Regards,

jkhan

Quote from: Fusion on November 22, 2022, 06:15:29 AM
Yes you made the point very clear. However still one concern which is that no one actively rejects God but they are caught in a circumstances where they are not even exposed to the God alone and subsequent teachings.
Let me give an example. Between two prophets for example there might be few hundred years or more.. All those folks who caught up in between may not have an active prophet among them nor have any assembled books like we have now. They are spread in villages and remote places and follow the system of their fathers. As if the actual message not any messenger not any other guided person came into their lives and guide them on right path. So what would happen to those? whose fault it it? So that brings another question. After prophets have passed away who duty is to spread the message of God. Will we all be asked or held accountable that we did not spread the true message and just spend our lives comfortably?

Again very good point and very crucial point..

God guides whom He wills and God let go astray whome He wills..

Yes.. Above is not enough for your concern for you buy enough for me.. But Lets detail a bit so you would perhaps get clarified in sha Allah ..
God's  only way of guidance is not through book revealed.. Remember that in mind thoroughly.. Books such as Torah Injeel Quran whatever revealed by God in various time period is for those people who could reach it... But books are basically meant for augment the existing faith to higher level.. Kithab.. .... Huda lil Muttaqeen.. Books make a person to ponder and enhance.. But before that one should  have reached his faith..  One should have surrendered naturally to God.. That's mercy of God..  Do you remember the great feud and what Iblees said.. These are not mere words and meaningless arguments.. But true predictions about reality..  While Iblees challenge to mislead all but permission not given to mislead real Ibadi ... They believe in God.. But to strengthen and sustain their faith books do immensely assist.. Touch your heart and ask.. Imagine yourself without Quran.. Would you have become this far in life when it comes to faith?  But didn't you somehow believed in God even before you ever touched the book..? 
Mercy cannot be given by anyone but God alone.. Is that a favour from Allah.. If mercy of Allah is favour then it is unfair.. Isn't it?  ... No it is not favour.. But they deserve...  Co they wanted to believe and they wanted to keep away iblees and crew away from life naturally.. They got the mercy of God..
Allah didn't just reply to the challenge of Iblees but with knowledge He replied...  Coz He knew but still not keep away from creating.. Coz He is God and does what He wills..

So bro.. To whom guidance has reached we don't know.. But to certain extent wr may Know if we perceive in right way and if we are with such people.

This,  let anyone live in jungle or tribal communities or far villages where no messenger has ever reached literally or modern cities Allah reaches to everyone with natural instinct.. But very few are fortunate to accept it and that too with mercy of Allah..  And very few reach God's book/s and amazingly cultivate their knowledge and further in life.. Is Muslim and Mumeen same or is Mumeen and muttaqun same or muttaqun and siddequn same or prophets?  They all different and deserve differently... Only unfortunate people end up in unfortunate way coz of their obedience to Satan and leave God..
If they didn't know anything about book and guidance and if they are innocent really then they would definitely open their mouth on the day of judgement...  So don't bother brother... Well they won't.. Coz they would have realized it they were wrong..
So be patient... And remember the verse.. Had Allah willed He would have guided all men and Jin together...

So my lovely brother...  Over reacting like we care about those people more than what God's does is sheer waste of effort. Don't misunderstand me for saying that.. I also had that attitude long before. .. But fortunate enough to understand the reality sooner than late.. Reflect and beg for guidance.. That works out for believers...

Thank you..
Peace..

Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

Fusion

Thank you jkhan for such a wonderful reply. God bless you.
Best Regards,

XavierSlaveofGod

Thanks, all, for the responses.

Quote from: Fusion on November 20, 2022, 05:12:46 PM
One needs to understand the essence of this verse which means that the criteria is NOT if you are christian or a jew or any one else for that matter will only make you  enter God's heaven but the criteria is same across all:

62   This has been your record, but in spite of it, you believe that you are Allah's chosen off-springs (5/18) and that paradise is reserved for your race (2/111). This is your vain imagining. Paradise is not reserved for any race. Our Law is that, irrespective of origin, any person from amongst the following:-

1.      Jews, Christians, Sabaeans;

2.      Those who believe in Allah without formally adopting any particular religion; and

3.      Those who are Muslim only by virtue of being born in a Muslim family.

Whoever believes in Allah's  as revealed to you O Rasool (2/137) and leads his life accordingly, will be duly compensated. Such a person will lead a life of heavenly bliss, free of fear, grief and anxiety.

Ok, very good to know, Fusion. That means Christians and Muslims should be like brothers and sisters on Earth, as we hope to be brothers and sisters one day in Heaven. For us, Jesus Christ taught the Two Great Commandments of Love on which the whole of humanity will be judged are: "
The Great Commandment (or Greatest Commandment)[a] is a name used in the New Testament to describe the first of two commandments cited by Jesus in Matthew 22:35-40, Mark 12:28-34, and in answer to him in Luke 10:27a:

... and one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. "Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" He [Jesus] said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

— Matthew 22:35-40
Most Christian denominations consider these two commandments as, together, forming the core of the Christian religion.[1]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Commandment

Even those who have not heard Christ's Gospel are expected to do this, since the Law of God on their Conscience teaches them they ought to. We do believe that once the Gospel of Christ is known, then people are obliged to make a decision about Christ. But it remains universally true that all are bound to love God above all, and our neighbor as our self, and this will bring Peace.

In Mat 25, Jesus Christ expresses again a Truth by which all humanity will be judged, the alms we have given, love we have shown etc: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25&version=NRSVUE

"The Judgment of the Nations
31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. 34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world, 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.'

37 Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?'

40 And the king will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did it to me.' 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'You who are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels, 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'

44 Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not take care of you?' 45 Then he will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment but the righteous into eternal life."

In other words, the love we show to the Poor, to the Naked, the Hungry, the Prisoner, the Suffering, the Sick etc, the Lord takes as done to Himself and rewards accordingly in Paradise.

God Bless.

Euphoric

Those are interpretations of the translators who corrupted the Quran through their traditional beliefs. It's best to stick to the Quranic words "Haadu", "Nasara" and "Sabioon".

Jesus, The Gospels and Christianity in general aren't from God. Jesus preached falsehood about God as I showed here https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9612092.0

If Jesus was preaching falsehood, then the rest is also false.

Why take some parts of the Gospels and not the others? It's dishonesty.

Many Christians believe Jesus is God or the son of God. They won't fall under 2:62 either way.

Nom de plume

17:36-39 and not thou pursue what not is to you in it knowledge indeed the hearing (enquiry) and the eyesight (evidence) and the heart (inner emotion i.e., knowing right and wrong) each those be about it questioned of and not thou walk in the land insolent of indeed you never breach the land and never thou reach the mountains height of each such be evil its near lord yours disliked of such from what inspires to you lord your of the wisdom and not thou make with the God deity of another so cast in abyss blameworthy of one forsaken of

XavierSlaveofGod

Quote from: Euphoric on December 12, 2022, 07:36:54 PM
Those are interpretations of the translators who corrupted the Quran through their traditional beliefs. It's best to stick to the Quranic words "Haadu", "Nasara" and "Sabioon".

Jesus, The Gospels and Christianity in general aren't from God. Jesus preached falsehood about God as I showed here https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9612092.0

If Jesus was preaching falsehood, then the rest is also false.

Euphoric: Friend, respectfully, that is your own opinion only. 99% of even Muslims disagree with your novel interpretation that Isa Ibn Maryam is not Jesus Christ, Son of Mary. I will explain more on that thread.

QuoteWhy take some parts of the Gospels and not the others? It's dishonesty.

Sorry, but you're mistaken. In this thread, we were looking at the moral aspects of the Teaching of Christ. That Jesus Christ preached Love of God and Love of Neighbor - as St. Francis of Assisi, St. Mother Theresa of Calcutta, and other of His Followers for e.g. down through the ages have practiced - is a well known fact, and universally recognized, even by Atheists and Agnostics who respect Him for it. The theology of Christ's Teaching is another matter which we can look at separately.

QuoteMany Christians believe Jesus is God or the son of God. They won't fall under 2:62 either way.

That's your opinion. I too believe Jesus is God because Jesus declared He is God. Is God so weak He cannot come in the Flesh?

For us, our Prophets, beginning with Abraham, Moses, David and all the rest, clearly said Christ would come, and that He is God.

If you believe differently, and I know you do, I understand. Christians have believed this for 2000 years. When Christ taught us to be Baptized - as all Christians are - "In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit", He showed the Three are One. He didn't say "names", but Name, showing us the Three Persons are One God. No Muslim will say: "In the Name of Allah and of Mohammed and of Fatima", you will say separately "In the Name of Allah" and then "In the names of Mohammed and Fatima" etc.

Also, no Christian will say: "the wills of the gods", as e.g. Hindus would say. We will say "The Will of God", we know God is One.

God Bless.