News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Separation of Islam and other religions and state

Started by Pel, October 29, 2010, 08:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pel

Sometimes I believe that the only way to be fair to all religions equaly is to separate the government from the law. That is to have secular law.

Or do others think that Islam gurantes equal treatment for all?

Thanks

Magnus

I think islam guarantees equal treatment to muslims, and equal treatment to non-muslim.
While there is a distinction between the two, anyone can embrace islam at any time of their choosing, inshallah.
The way I understand the Quran, muslims are supposed to be the state, the courts, the leadership, using the Qu'ran as the instruction and the law everything is based on.

I wonder what you mean by being "fair to all religions" - as we know, there's only one truth - one God, and only one set of instructions - the Qur'an. If you don't submit to this truth, you aren't a muslim, and that means that certain offices of the muslim state are closed to you. Other than that, you're free to live as you see fit, and nobody will punish you unless you flaunt certain transgressions in front of witnesses.

Subhan Allah, this seems like a most fair system to me.
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Pel

Yes, you are right I supose. We are suposed to base our lives entirely upon the Quran(The good interpretation Quran such as the message from the monotheist group) as well as our laws, so I supose you would have to vote for the political party that would be the closest to those.

Curently I am a member of the greens, but I might change that since they might be to liberal in some ways wereas the Labour party(this is in Australia) is I think still very good and not to liberal.

The state elections are coming up so I would have to make up my mind whom am I going to vote for. I supose I will go for the greens this one and afterwards I will have a good think about wether they are too far  from the Quran. Also a thing to keep in mind this is not an muslim state and I respect that. Actualy as far as I know there is no Quran only/God alone country in the World.

But yeah, I am for a good, reasoned interpretation of the Quranic laws such as writen in the Natural Republic by the monotheist group.

Thanks

Wootah

Quote from: Magnus on November 02, 2010, 05:35:23 AM
I think islam guarantees equal treatment to muslims, and equal treatment to non-muslim.
While there is a distinction between the two, anyone can embrace islam at any time of their choosing, inshallah.
The way I understand the Quran, muslims are supposed to be the state, the courts, the leadership, using the Qu'ran as the instruction and the law everything is based on.

I wonder what you mean by being "fair to all religions" - as we know, there's only one truth - one God, and only one set of instructions - the Qur'an. If you don't submit to this truth, you aren't a muslim, and that means that certain offices of the muslim state are closed to you. Other than that, you're free to live as you see fit, and nobody will punish you unless you flaunt certain transgressions in front of witnesses.

Subhan Allah, this seems like a most fair system to me.

You know there is a belief that Islam does not support the golden rule. Statements like yours seem to agree with that belief. Gosh what you wrote is scary. Anyone else see it?

Separation of church and state is very wise because it protects your freedom of religion.
I'm a Christian ... just letting you know.

Wootah

Quote from: Pel on November 09, 2010, 07:53:07 PM
Yes, you are right I supose. We are suposed to base our lives entirely upon the Quran(The good interpretation Quran such as the message from the monotheist group) as well as our laws, so I supose you would have to vote for the political party that would be the closest to those.

Curently I am a member of the greens, but I might change that since they might be to liberal in some ways wereas the Labour party(this is in Australia) is I think still very good and not to liberal.

The state elections are coming up so I would have to make up my mind whom am I going to vote for. I supose I will go for the greens this one and afterwards I will have a good think about wether they are too far  from the Quran. Also a thing to keep in mind this is not an muslim state and I respect that. Actualy as far as I know there is no Quran only/God alone country in the World.

But yeah, I am for a good, reasoned interpretation of the Quranic laws such as writen in the Natural Republic by the monotheist group.

Thanks

Since I am an Aussie and like the liberals it is worth letting you know that the liberals probably do support the most sharia like policies. The greens support homosexuality, drug use and a wide range of immoral positions. Plus a wide range of socially debilitating policies that will wreck our nation's economy.

SarahY

inevitably secularism is influenced by politicians who have their own agenda who could be following a religion of sort.

Quote from: Wootah on November 09, 2010, 08:40:29 PM
Since I am an Aussie and like the liberals it is worth letting you know that the liberals probably do support the most sharia like policies. The greens support homosexuality, drug use and a wide range of immoral positions. Plus a wide range of socially debilitating policies that will wreck our nation's economy.

Never heard Greens support drug use, you sure thats not conjecture?

BTW to a certain extent it allows you to express freedom of religion though if people just followed or knew the wisdom behind "there is no compulsion in deen/religion/way) they'd know you have it under Gods eyes if people followed a system based on Gods laws.

You're going to have varying views, isn't turkey considered secular? certain bans don't seem fair.

again in my point of view it goes back to politicians their agendas etc.
We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

Magnus

Quote from: Wootah on November 09, 2010, 08:27:38 PM
You know there is a belief that Islam does not support the golden rule. Statements like yours seem to agree with that belief. Gosh what you wrote is scary. Anyone else see it?

Separation of church and state is very wise because it protects your freedom of religion.
Maybe what I think of as an exclusive congregation isn't so much "the state" but rather the masjid al haram, or maybe qibla? Like, I have this utopia in mind, a place where only truth is pursued by believers, and where no unbelievers or idolaters are allowed. That doesn't mean that we should treat christians like yourself with anything other than patience and courtesy, constantly inviting to the truth that is monotheism. Inshallah.
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Wootah

Quote from: Magnus on November 13, 2010, 04:05:42 PM
Maybe what I think of as an exclusive congregation isn't so much "the state" but rather the masjid al haram, or maybe qibla? Like, I have this utopia in mind, a place where only truth is pursued by believers, and where no unbelievers or idolaters are allowed. That doesn't mean that we should treat christians like yourself with anything other than patience and courtesy, constantly inviting to the truth that is monotheism. Inshallah.

I hope so. But since you think Hindus and Christians are idolators where specifically do non-Muslims fit into your utopia? 

Do you believe in 'the best person for the job'? For instance if there were several men and women going for the same job, possibly one of authority, would you accept it if the best person for the job was a female non-Muslim?

san

Watch my words. I choose my CAPITALIZATIONS and punctuations precisely. Consider each and every possibility of this sentence very very carefully:

I'm a monotheist ... just letting you know.

True Love waits forever -- some just choose to fall in love sooner than some others. And the rest is by the way... nothing.