News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Few Questions

Started by Rekkd, November 14, 2016, 02:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam The Warner

An English translation of the Gospel - Luke 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
May He the Hearer grant us victory in the worldy life, and Hes abundance of Light on the Day of Judgement, and may He the King of kings grant us the eternal Paradise. Peace.

Adam The Warner

An English translation of the Gospel - Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
May He the Hearer grant us victory in the worldy life, and Hes abundance of Light on the Day of Judgement, and may He the King of kings grant us the eternal Paradise. Peace.

Adam The Warner

An English translation of the Gospel - John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Adam The Warner

An English translation of the Gospel - Acts 19:20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Adam The Warner

An English translation of the Gospel - Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Adam The Warner

An English translation of the Gospel - 1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Adam The Warner

An English translation of the Gospel - 1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Adam The Warner

An English translation of the Gospel - Revelation 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Adam The Warner

Quote from: reel on November 14, 2016, 07:37:56 PM
I have a feeling that they are not lost. I think the problem is being made by their "translations". It is something Quran suffers from too. But thanks to Allah, the translation is always accompanied by its original language, Arabic.

Example this whole trinity doctrine can't be found in the Gospel. How hard you search.

And all praise due to God, Lord of the worlds who granted us faith.

hawk99

Quote from: reel on November 14, 2016, 07:37:56 PM
I have a feeling that they are not lost. I think the problem is being made by their "translations". It is something Quran suffers from too. But thanks to Allah, the translation is always accompanied by its original language, Arabic.

Yes, this is how I see both the verses of those Books. Only the ones which match the Quran can be taken as right. If we go for the rest then we end up with things like:
Stone the women
Allah told Jews to invade a country
and so on.

Needless to say that Israliyat is partly responsible for corrupting the meanings of certain verses of the Quran. I would stick to just one Book because I seriously don't want to spend time filtering what is right and wrong in other scriptures. Even when they match it wouldn't make much difference to me because at the end of the day it is called "parroting".

Agreed

5/48  And We have revealed to you, the Book in truth, confirming that which
preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it.

:police:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden