About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Combat Kit To Use Against the "Quran Only" Muslims

Started by /*JM*/, August 01, 2006, 08:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodhitharta

Quote from: /*JM*/ on August 01, 2006, 08:22:16 AM
Some Questions to Ask the Quran Only People

How do you know how to pray using the Quran alone?

How do you know how much Zakaah to pay using the Quran alone?   

Hadn't the Quran been reached to us from the same sources we received our authentic hadith?

Why would Allah preserve the Quran and not preserve the meaning?

How much is the Jizyah that the People of the Book have to pay?

Does the Quran say that cross dressing is haram?   

The Quran says that men could beat up their wives. But we know according to hadith that this is a spiritual beating and not a harmful physical. What is to stop a man from misinterpreting the Quran and beating the hell out of his wife?

Is it permissible for a man to look at a naked man?

Can I pray Salaah naked?

How do we know the order of the alcohol revelations? Maybe the first of the Quranic revelations said it was haram and then the later ones came saying that is was okay except during prayer times. How do you know the order of its revelations by using the Quran alone?

It says in the Quran to shorten the prayer when you travel. How long do you have to travel? How short to cut the prayer?

In Surah 66:3, the Prophet told his wives that he knew because Allah had informed him about it. Show me a Quranic verse where Allah had informed the Prophet about it. You cannot. Does this not prove that there are revelations to Prophet Muhammad besides the Quran?

Surah 2:173 shows that Allah (swt) gave an order for the Muslims to change their Qibla from (Bayt Al Maqdis in Jerusalem) to the Kabah in Mecca. However, there is no Quranic verse that shows the first order that Allah gave to make the Qibla towards Jerusalem. Does this not prove that there are revelations to Prophet Muhammad besides the Quran?

The Quran is passed on to us by Mutawattir narrations. Mutawattir narrations are narrations by so many people that it is just impossible for all of them to get together and plot and lie. However, we have so many Mutawattir hadith List of Mutawatir hadith http://hadith.al-islam.com/bayan/Index.asp?Lang=ENG&Type=3 that teach things that are not in the Quran. How can you reject their authenticity with no objective evidence?

http://www.answering-christianity.com/bassam_zawadi/combat_kit_for_muslims.htm

The Quran only is needed because if one follows the Quran only they will be rightly guided by Allah but if we accept guidance by the dictates of someone else we may make prohibited what Allah has not prohibited for instance if there is no prohibition of prayong while naked how is it someone can make such a claim that praying while naked is prohibited and what would make it prohibited if it was in private?

nevashiva

What interests me in 'sunni' questions, is that they are questions, that a hadith has an answer to, not because it is a legitimate question. I mean hadith does not answer everything about life..., and God in the Qur'an I believe said there are things I am just not going to talk about, and if people keep asking they would avert or not believe anymore (not sure what verse was that sorry).

But men dressing like women, and women dressing like men...if there was no hadith answering that, that would have been a matter of social issues....hadith doesn't say how to bake a Godly cake either...but I don't see cakes being mentioned in the Qur'an..or questioned by hadith...so what am I to bake?

I am just saying the way some discuss the validity of hadith sounds...flawed..

I really **think** the Qur'an has left upon us the will to feel and see what would be moral and act upon it, he always asks us to do good in the Qur'an, he doesn't mention what exactly is good, what exactly is not ruining the earth...

And I also think some hadiths, make very wise statements, so they could be used like brainy quotes are used to reflect on life affairs, but claiming that they are Godly commandment is a very different tone...and within sunnis some use it that way and some do not...they both claim they are sunnis...

Osman

Quote from: Dion on August 30, 2006, 09:16:09 AMZakaah was given to Abraham. Are you telling us that Moses, Jesus, David, Solomon... had no idea how mach Zakaah to pay, becouse they didnt have the Bukhary hadiths???
NO. Quran came through Muhamad, hadith through Persians- 200 years later.

That's being a little harsh towards Persians. We're going to blame Hadith entirely on 'Persians'?