News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Bakka/Mecca

Started by Layth, December 15, 2014, 05:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runninglikezebras

Quote from: OnlyOneGod on August 16, 2015, 02:21:02 PM
"Halban and Turban are examples of how far north the expedition must have gone.  "

If they did not pass through Mecca to get there then they would not mention it. You want them to reference Mecca (or Becca) no matter what. Well those inscriptions were not written to meet your personal whims and desires.

If they didn't pass through Mecca it was of no importance in the Hejaz to Abraha.  Perfectly fitting historical evidence showing Mecca didn't even exist in that period or so insignificant it isn't mention anywhere.

"Some of use are made deaf dumb and blind.  I can't change that. "

I quote you christian text saying that Becca is actually a bush and mostly found around Mecca. You just ignore it like it never happened. So who then is the deaf and the blind?

"Ask any historian.  They will all agree Abraha most likely had interest in the Hejaz region "

Ask which historian? And having an "interest" in the Hejaz is totally different to rulling over the Hejaz as you hyave been so far claiming. So now Abraha only hand an interest in the Hejaz?

Well most historians agree Abraha ruled the Hejaz.  Take your pick.  He ruled entire south arabia.  Including Yemen, Hejaz and central Arabia.

"All of them will agree Mecca was not mentioned nor important to Abraha at all. "

So if the Abraha was attacking a place in the north, nothing in the south could have existed just because he did not mention it in this four line inscription? You will judge this mans whole life and expeditions and aims based on that one inscription? And then you will claim that Mecca does not exist in the Hejaz. You are a special case, including those who agree with you.

I'm not judging based on one inscription.  It's merely one example.  If you would be able to open your eyes you would find out many more historical indicators Mecca started being referred to starting in the 4th century.  Even for early caliphs the place was insignificant until after the 7th century.

"The placenames Turban and Halban are all situated pretty far north into southern arabia.  It's very unlikely Abraha would have known those places but NOT Mecca"

What in the world makes you believe that he did NOT know Mecca? He was not attacking Mecca and hence he did not mention it. You claimed earlier that this inscriptio proves that he ruled over the Hejaz, until I made you understand that this attack was not  in the Hejaz but in the area of Nejad. Now you want to create an issue out of nothing by asking, why he didn't mention Mecca in this inscrition. Well logic dictates, that if that man was not attacking Mecca then he would not mention Mecca. How hard is that to understand? As they say ... common sense is not that common.

If he didn't attack Mecca.  There was nothing of importance in Mecca.  Since he ruled and conquered most of South-Arabia.

"Most (non muslim) historians will agree Mecca is non-existing before the 4th century AD."

Which non-muslims historians and based on what proof?

Do your own research.  It's clear to me you aren't accepting mine.

"Bacca is not a bush.  It's a proper placename.  Still used for that neighbourhood in Jerusalem today."

Bacca has never been a historical place, and you have accepted as much because you could never bring any proof for it. So don't try and twist the facts already discussed earlier in this discussion. As far as Bacca being a bush ... I gave you ample proof from christian records to show it without a doubt. You did not challenge it then, but now, after 5-6 more pages of discussion have passed you casually deny it as if I never posted you references to biblical translations of Bacca (i.e the biblical passages you yourself mentioned). I ask you one thing ... if nothing else, be honest.

Jewish writings predating the Quran mention Bacca many times as a proper placename near Jerusalem.  You cherrypicked one biblical translation that used "bushes" and stick to that definition.  Well that's biased research.

"Please continue your pagan tradition of praying in the direction of a stone and a pagan shrine that has no abrahamic roots whatsoever."

Yes thank you ... I will.

Good luck with that.

Peace
[url="http://legrandsecretdelislam.com/"]http://legrandsecretdelislam.com/[/url] - [url="http://rootsofislamtruehistory.com/"]http://rootsofislamtruehistory.com/[/url]

Man of Faith

runninglikezebras,

It was the Arabic morphology. I tried to make it sensible by inserting words in parenthesis.

I think it should be comprehensible though. "A Spirit that is such kind of" any more easy to comprehend?

I could also ignore the letter order and literal meaning and paraphrase "whose Spirit is as such". The such means God, i.e. that when you are salam your Spirit is like God, sound/flawless. It could also be referred to as sanity or clarity of mind if you so wish.

'Alem علم has similar word structure with an Ayn instead of Siin. It means 'Gain Such Thereof' implying that you are aware in something rather than not. God is 'alem in everything, i.e. omnipresent. If you have not gained information about something means you lack 'alem. For most cases in Quran, 'alem refers to awareness, i.e. being conscious of the world's real nature. Obviously as the word says morphologically, it does have to do with the strength of one's link to God, "the gain".

Both words are full-blooded Arabic/Semitic words. And it appears it is not just any language but the one who invented it must have been thinking of God.

Where do I get the knowledge from? Well, that you can always ponder upon.

Be well
Emanuel
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

IGotQuestions

Salaam all,
This was a very informative thread to peruse. Based off the first post by Layth, does this mean that the true Pilgrimage is to Jerusalem and not the current day Mecca?

Novice

Quote from: IGotQuestions on May 07, 2019, 03:10:36 PM
Salaam all,
This was a very informative thread to peruse. Based off the first post by Layth, does this mean that the true Pilgrimage is to Jerusalem and not the current day Mecca?

What is pilgrimage? Where this terminology come from in Quran's translations?

Wakas

peace,

Salaam all,

You may find this article helpful:
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/meaning-hajj-Quran.html
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Layth

Salaam all,

Indeed, all my years of studying this topic have only added to reinforce the finding that Jerusalem is Bakka and it is the center of Pilgrimage for all mankind...
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

huruf

Quote from: Novice on May 07, 2019, 03:43:37 PM
What is pilgrimage? Where this terminology come from in Quran's translations?

That would be indeed de first question to be answered.

I guess it has been dealt with many times in the forum, but it might be difficult to get a straight answer from it.

I am rather reluctant to mass events, so the whole thing to me is suspect, but I am interested if there is something cogent in the whole thing to get some understanding.

As to the place for such a thin, I have heard to many times in my life of places which are holy everywhere and generally I am put off by such kind of considerations which are always tainted by tribal, nationalistic, ehtnic or historical pride.

Holy is every place, holy is everything, since ev erything is God's creation. What makes a place holier than other? Is not there another issue of the wellknown prejudice of God choosing something and not choosing otherthing? Is it not a reflection of the human penchant to pick some above others and stablish "holy" hyerarchy  whereas we know that nobody is above any other except by taqwa?

I think the basics of this question should be dealt with.

Salaam

Jafar

Quote from: huruf on May 08, 2019, 03:56:46 AM
As to the place for such a thin, I have heard to many times in my life of places which are holy everywhere and generally I am put off by such kind of considerations which are always tainted by tribal, nationalistic, ehtnic or historical pride.

Holy is every place, holy is everything, since ev erything is God's creation. What makes a place holier than other? Is not there another issue of the wellknown prejudice of God choosing something and not choosing otherthing? Is it not a reflection of the human penchant to pick some above others and stablish "holy" hyerarchy  whereas we know that nobody is above any other except by taqwa?

Couldn't agree more...

Any places can be holy (or damned)..
Jerusalem, Mecca, Yemen, Rome, Constantinople/Istanbul, Mt Fuji, Red Rock, Ganggas River, Nile River, Eufrat, Tigris, Yucatan, Borobudur, Shaolin Temple,  Pipestone, etc.. etc.. etc..

There is no such thing as "one and only truest holy place chosen by God" which makes the other places as false, unholy or unchosen...
And any holy places should be open for all humankind..

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Jafar on May 08, 2019, 04:41:40 AM

And any holy places should be open for all humankind..

That is why makka is not HOLY at all.

Reason one (only sunnis are allowed to enter).
Visa policy for non arabs.
Cost reached almost 10000$(depend on country to country).

IGotQuestions

Salaam All,
Thank you for your comments and reply on this topic. I went for Umrah about 4 years ago, and when I entered Mecca, I did not feel any sense of spiritual upliftment. There was even a point I was in close proximity to the Kaaba and I felt a sense of indifference and apathy.

I have been researching Dan Gibson's theory about Petra and Mecca. Could it be possible that the Mecca of today is not the Mecca of the Prophet (S) and the Mecca mentioned in the Qur'an? If Mecca was such a important and significant city, how come it doesn't appear on any maps until the 7th or 8th centuries respectively?