Author Topic: Hello, Any Free Minds Peeps from Kenya/Africa?  (Read 2183 times)

Nyoks

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Hello, Any Free Minds Peeps from Kenya/Africa?
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »
Neptin,

Salaam. So glad to find someone else from the continent also searching for truth! 

Existential1

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
Welcome Sister!

May you find with this family of analysts a new home!   :group:

:peace:

Ignac

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 07:52:12 AM »
Salam!
I am from Nigeria. Had my own battle, too, but got over it. I was gradually becoming an agnostic until the Quran's Mathematical miracle based on Code-19 convinced me as God says it will. I still pray for certainty in my chosen beliefs but I have conviction already. I mean, I just need some genuine subjective signs from God, you know.

Regrading Solat, I started following RK's formula (5 times a day with some Quranic modifications) but later stopped it for his teachings i.e. the Quran alone, the Whole Quran and Nothing but the Quran. I believe he was a messenger of God who did his part in the Islamic Awakening.  I researched further and discovered some analysis which try to prove Solat is not physical but mental, such as Man of Faith's, I guess. Further still, I came across three Solawat (plural) per day i.e. Fajr (Dawn), Wustoh (Mid-day) and Isha (Night). I liked the analysis on this for it is based completely on the Quran without any extraneous leaning, at least.

At some point, I prayed three times a day, with each Solat comprising two units (Rakaat). When I had the mind to accept even more Quranic analysis, I disowned the word Rakaat from my Solat because it never occurs in the Quran at all. So, How do I pray now? Three times a day with each Solat comprising a single round of standing, bowing and prostration (you might call that one Rakaah), though; for all I care, it is based on the Quran alone, the Whole Quran and nothing but the Quran. Did I come across this analysis on my own? No...! I found it on Quran-Islam.org

For now, this link might help for a start... http://www.quran-islam.org/main_topics/islam/pillars/number_of_salat_(P1200).html

Do explore the website further. I downloaded and read every article on it and all the articles here on Free-Minds.Org. Remember, it is Free-Minds, a pot of different understandings. So, let Q17:36 be your guide, eh? Feel free to send me a PM...  :D

iGnAc
IGnAc GoLDziHEr