Main Menu

7th full moon after the spring equinox - 2017 5th October

Started by theNabster, September 28, 2017, 11:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

PEACE

The Sardar

theNabster

41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

theNabster

Quote from: Jane on September 13, 2019, 09:22:31 AM
The Harvest Moon is tonight (in Europe at least). The Harvest moon can be identified by its significantly earlier rising time after sunset compared to other moons. It's now.

If Ramadan means the rain after summer heat then that could be anytime. Unless there's some meteorological evidence that it always comes around the 7th full moon after the spring equinox in the region where Muhammad lived (Petra, Jordan)??

If Ramadan means the Harvest Moon then it's now. If Shahr means a full moon phase of 3 days then that makes Ramadan 2019 the 12th, 13th and 14th September.

I missed yesterday so am aiming for today, Saturday and Sunday instead, God-willing.

I will be fasting in October full moon, I discount the full moon falling on equinox day, count next 7 full moons which falls on October 13th 2019  05:08 PM - so not necessarily harvest moond - besides in the 600's AD, they did not have our technological instruments, they just counted full moons, or maybe you are right :) ;)- but I made my choice.
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (Qur'an) is the truth.

The Sardar

Quote from: theNabster on September 13, 2019, 10:39:03 PM
From sunrise to sunset.
It varies in months and time, correct me if i am wrong, sunrise appears in 8.00 and sunset is somewhere in 16.00? Again correct me if i am wrong.

quincy

Quote from: Jane on September 13, 2019, 09:23:38 AM
Blessed Ramadan everyone.

Thank you, blessed ramadhan to you too and to everyone else!

Annoyingly i got a flu/probably infected and cant fast right now... need to drink a lot. I didn't get sick for like 2 years and especially right now i have to become sick.... so annoying  :(

Jane

Quincy - dry fasting when you have an infection is actually the best way to beat it.

Nabster - I'm going with what is the most likely equivalent to Shahr Ramadan, from all the discussions it appears to be the 3-day full moon phase CLOSEST to the autumn equinox. It's only called the Harvest Moon in Europe obviously Muhammad's people didn't call it that...and no technological wizardry is needed, the earlier rising times after sunset as well as the increased brightness compared to other moons identify it.

I'm not following where you're getting the '7th full moon after the spring equinox' measurement from? Please explain...

Sardar - As I understand it to fast a day it has to be from first light to last light. Sunrise to Sunset is not good enough. I am taking it to be the beginning of civil dawn til the end of civil dusk. Today this is from 6:09am til 20:05pm where I live in Wales, UK.
PEACE

theNabster

It was a brother (noshirk) who suggested it in his analysis - I also found it more convenient as I just need to count the seventh full moon from spring equinox.

You might be probably right, it sounds more logical, but what is your rationale?

I will change my fasting period from next year, as for this year I will just fast 3 days to compensate the ones I missed...

Thanks for snapping me out from a blind spot, I just trusted the analysis from the brother who suggested it here:
https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9609543.0

& here

https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9604822.0

I will also need to update with your suggestion in my tweeter feeds...

Quote from: Jane on September 14, 2019, 02:50:21 PM
Quincy - dry fasting when you have an infection is actually the best way to beat it.

Nabster - I'm going with what is the most likely equivalent to Shahr Ramadan, from all the discussions it appears to be the 3-day full moon phase CLOSEST to the autumn equinox. It's only called the Harvest Moon in Europe obviously Muhammad's people didn't call it that...and no technological wizardry is needed, the earlier rising times after sunset as well as the increased brightness compared to other moons identify it.

I'm not following where you're getting the '7th full moon after the spring equinox' measurement from? Please explain...

Sardar - As I understand it to fast a day it has to be from first light to last light. Sunrise to Sunset is not good enough. I am taking it to be the beginning of civil dawn til the end of civil dusk. Today this is from 6:09am til 20:05pm where I live in Wales, UK.

theNabster

Luni-Solar Ramadan 2020 is from night of 1st October 2020 -

7th full moon after the Spring Equinox (Harvest Moon) -

not feeling great, but will fast three days 2nd, 3rd & 4th October unless God wills otherwise...
@meNabster

https://twitter.com/inabster/status/1311377369790382081