News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The Arab Conspiracy?

Started by Al-Quraishi, September 09, 2006, 11:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al-Quraishi

QuoteWhen call my opinion garbage and then complain about the misuse of the freedom of speech, you are not helping your cause in the least bit. It is the understanding of the author that the verse is speaking about Arabs. I doubt he has an aim to denounce a race of his own accord.

You ever heard of something called self-loathing?

QuoteSome people may not agree with your understanding of those verses.

They might not, but those people either have little or no understanding of Arabic or they are purposefully misinterpreting those verses.

The actual grouping of the first two with the third together with the title says alot, and you will not explain yourselves out of this one this time.

I will continue to persist along these lines until the offensive material is taken down or until my Freedom of Speech is taken away by Free Minds like it was with Brother Beghat.

QuoteGarbage? Ok.

Yes, complete and utter garbage, and I will stand by that description because it is the stuff which the both of you are spouting.

QuoteI would advise you to not read sites that have articles you disagree with. In case you choose to persist in this course of action, please post a thread if said site has a forum or write an email to the site explaining why you think it's incorrect. With all that said and done, if there is a forum such as this connected to the main site, then people will have a thread which will give them an alternate understanding and/or rebuttal.

I take it you find me quite offensive? Perhaps it will make you understand how language, words and the way an argument is presented can be completely ad utterly offensive, suffice to say, my attempts are weak next to the power of this particular article.

QuoteThis, additionally, has nothing to do with disrespect. It's about making studies done by people available for a wider perspective and to have a more solid understanding. Sometimes criticism and reading an opposing point of view sharpens our own faculties and understanding.

No it is not. It seems to becoming more of a notice board of twisted interpretations, mistruths, irrationality and general nonsense.

Perhaps you're wondering why I bother sticking around then? Maybe the same question can be asked of others around here but for me, it is to highlight the many wrongs and doing exactly what you have mentioned, does it get heated? Yes at times, but only in retaliation to the injustices hurled at by many users of this forum, especially members of its administration.

For heavens sake take some criticism if you are so enlightened, stop being so hypocritical, and if you can't take offence then perhaps you should tackle it on a universal level instead of only chastising those who you wish.

Layth

Peace Quraishi,

Did you read the work `Arab Conspiracies`?

From your post I get the impression that you did not get past the first few pages?

Had you read the entire work, you would have found there were some treasures of information such as the issue of Hajj and the misunderstandings relating to the word `hurum`.

As for the obvious error of mistaking the word `Aaraab` with `Arabs\', that is an unfortunate error which has been pointed out to the author yet he has kept his work as is.

Finally, with regards to your comment on brother Ahmed and the `censorship`, I take it you would prefer an environment where people attack and swear and curse each other rather than one of harmony based on laws and rules?

Is that the way of Islam or is that the way of desires?

\"Have you not seen how God cites the example of a good word is like a good tree, whose root is firm and its branches in the sky. It bears its fruit every so often by its Lord?s leave. And God cites the examples for the people, perhaps they will remember. And the example of a bad word is like a tree which has been uprooted from the surface of the Earth, it has nowhere to settle. God makes firm those who believe with firm sayings in the worldly life, and in the Hereafter. And God misguides the wicked, and God does what He wishes.\" (14:24-27)
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

TheNabi

Peace

Quote from: Al-QuraishiYou ever heard of something called self-loathing?

Have you read the book in it's entirety?

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

savage_carrot

QuoteYes, complete and utter garbage, and I will stand by that description because it is the stuff which the both of you are spouting.

It would be helpful to rebut rather than call something garbage yes?

QuoteI take it you find me quite offensive? Perhaps it will make you understand how language, words and the way an argument is presented can be completely ad utterly offensive, suffice to say, my attempts are weak next to the power of this particular article.

How you got from my statement which this quote is in response to is quite arbitrary. My statement is quite clear and unambiguous.

QuoteNo it is not. It seems to becoming more of a notice board of twisted interpretations, mistruths, irrationality and general nonsense.

Perhaps you're wondering why I bother sticking around then? Maybe the same question can be asked of others around here but for me, it is to highlight the many wrongs and doing exactly what you have mentioned, does it get heated? Yes at times, but only in retaliation to the injustices hurled at by many users of this forum, especially members of its administration.

For heavens sake take some criticism if you are so enlightened, stop being so hypocritical, and if you can't take offence then perhaps you should tackle it on a universal level instead of only chastising those who you wish.

So basically this is a long standing issue with you and Aidid Safar's article was just another issue that could be used to rant about the admin et al. It seems you're the one who can't take criticism because if we really wanted to shut out voices and not hear criticism, you really wouldn't have a place to rant and call others to be spouting garbage and hypocrites, would you?
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

Al-Quraishi

Quote from: TheNabi on September 11, 2006, 10:02:44 AM
Peace

Joe

Pathetic, very pathetic...

zenje

Quote from: Al-Quraishi on September 11, 2006, 01:44:37 PM
Quote from: TheNabi on September 11, 2006, 10:02:44 AM
Peace

Joe

Pathetic, very pathetic...
:confused:
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

BOOST

Peace

Again, you all tout the ever-familiar "difference of opinion and freedom of speech" deal. In a scholarly or academic setting, there certainly are works that are considered trash and would never be placed on a bookshelf. You cannot simply brush over clear violations of the human right to dignity just because he does have a point about other issues. The correct form of action would be to deny his article airtime until he decides to re-evaluate his approach. This is the basics of academia. You don't get a bum off the street to spit out his garbage and keep it all just because he said one sentence that was "a treasure" (in who's eyes?).

Once again, a difference of opinion is a beautiful thing but defamation of character is very ugly, immature behavior, and unacceptable by every standard. You cannot possibly expect people to brush over half of the article just because there are a few sentences that sound good or "different". This is ludacris. The better approach, if you really love his tidbits of "good information" would be to verify his work, cite him and create an article free of insults and blatant racism.

You as moderators have a duty not only in front of us but especially in front of God. Do not abuse the power God bestowed onto you to create mischief and further anamosity between races. It is not acceptable if it were about Jews, it is not acceptable if it were about Blacks, it is not acceptable if it were about Pakistanis. Why should it be ok if it were about Arabs?

Be strong enough to see your mistakes and wise enough to learn from them, instead of continuing to fight a futile battle. Twisting the quran in order to insult a whole race is plain wrong no matter how hard you try to squint your eyes.

Wakas

why dont people prepare a rebuttal, im sure it can be referenced in the article, or a link to the thread if people feel so strongly about it.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Danish

Peace,

Although the Quran can be subjected to and contested towards derogation and mortification, whether implied or explicit, I personally believe and viably conclude that Aidid Safar's interpretation is THE BEST I've ever come across, with all due respect.

savage_carrot

Quote from: boostAgain, you all tout the ever-familiar "difference of opinion and freedom of speech" deal.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote from: boostIn a scholarly or academic setting, there certainly are works that are considered trash and would never be placed on a bookshelf. You cannot simply brush over clear violations of the human right to dignity just because he does have a point about other issues. The correct form of action would be to deny his article airtime until he decides to re-evaluate his approach. This is the basics of academia. You don't get a bum off the street to spit out his garbage and keep it all just because he said one sentence that was "a treasure" (in who's eyes?).

I'm sure there are many fine works of art that some might consider trash (in who's eyes i.e. in someone's opinion) and call the author a bum off the street who spat out his garbage. I have come across this scenario many times in many different forms of media. Normally when posting articles 'in a scholarly or acadamic (aren't these synonyms?) setting' we tend to respect the author and not cut and paste without his explicit consent. There is a reason why most authors do not agree and even if they do agree, this reason still stands. A study most of the times can taken out of context or might not be understood fully when just one part is read (i.e. for example the basic underlying motivations of an author or where he got his conclusions from that might be quite important when trying to study the work and understanding the points in their entirety). With that said, as has been mentioned in this thread, prepare a rebuttal and that can be linked.

Quote from: boostOnce again, a difference of opinion is a beautiful thing but defamation of character is very ugly, immature behavior, and unacceptable by every standard. You cannot possibly expect people to brush over half of the article just because there are a few sentences that sound good or "different". This is ludacris. The better approach, if you really love his tidbits of "good information" would be to verify his work, cite him and create an article free of insults and blatant racism.

There aren't just a 'few sentences that sound good' or 'different' or 'tidbits of good information'. This is an entire study we are talking about. One needs to read the study to get a handle on where he's coming from and where he's going with it. Prepare a rebuttal and that might get linked.

Quote from: boostYou as moderators have a duty not only in front of us but especially in front of God. Do not abuse the power God bestowed onto you to create mischief and further anamosity between races. It is not acceptable if it were about Jews, it is not acceptable if it were about Blacks, it is not acceptable if it were about Pakistanis. Why should it be ok if it were about Arabs?

Power God bestowed on moderator's? Alright.

Quote from: boostBe strong enough to see your mistakes and wise enough to learn from them, instead of continuing to fight a futile battle. Twisting the quran in order to insult a whole race is plain wrong no matter how hard you try to squint your eyes.

Alright.

May I take this opportunity to ask people when suggesting or complaining about something to keep it logical, rational and sensible with workable suggestions and to the point. Temper tantrums and posts chockful of emo ranting will only serve to cloud one's own points and show immaturity of thought. This is not targeted towards any particular posters.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.