News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

SAWM - The Great Tool of ALLAH

Started by herbman, June 30, 2016, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HP_TECH

YOU WAIT THIS ENTIRE TIME TO COME UP WITH THIS RESPONSE??!

:wow
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

herbman

Quote from: HP_TECH on June 23, 2017, 01:01:29 PM
Salam

Did you deliberately leave out 2:185 Herbman?

That's like the most important part regarding fasting in Ramadan.
It clearly shows that we should fast in Ramadan not as expiation but as a means to magnify Allah to what He has guided us to, meaning the Quran which as 2:185 explains was revealed in the month of Ramadan.

Sure fasting has other purposes in other situation or circumstances but it is undeniable that is a right which must be observed as indicated during Ramadan as a means of being grateful to your Lord for guiding you. It is a commemoration of the revelation of His Quran.

In that respect your contribution was severely lacking

That is my contribution to your contribution

Peace

Dear HP_Tech,

- Indeed The Quran has been revealed during "Shahru Ramadan" --but it is not the only event that occurred during  "Shahru Ramadan", other events in the past occurred during that special night!
- Indeed "Sawm" during "Shahru Ramadan" is a commemoration of the Quran -- but not only, again Syam has been prescribed for people before "us", before The Quran!.

Now the question I rise to myself is why "SYAM", I could partially found an answer see https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9607602.0

But again commemorating is not the only purpose, other purpose are described in 2:177, and I think they are the real purpose.

ps: Sorry for not replying before cause I was in a very busy period.

Peace

HP_TECH

Don't worry about not replying on time.
It is alright. There is no problem here.
The only problem I have is with your conclusion.
Are you implying that we should not fast in Ramadan?

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

herbman

Quote from: HP_TECH on February 01, 2018, 10:22:15 AM
Don't worry about not replying on time.
It is alright. There is no problem here.
The only problem I have is with your conclusion.
Are you implying that we should not fast in Ramadan?

Personally No I am nit fasting anymore.

I am just studying the Quran and what I found is

SYAM is to become righteous (and definition of righteous= mutaqin is in 2:177)

Righteous is:

2:177
Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in]
one who believes in Allah ,
the Last Day,
the angels,
the Book,
and the prophets
and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help],
and for freeing slaves;
[and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah;
[those who] fulfill their promise when they promise;
and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle.
Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

If fasting leads to become righteous then please explain?

Peace

Cerberus

Hello herbman,

I think ramadan is indeed a great tool of allah exercice to separate the spirit from the flesh.
However most people shall only get thirst and hunger from it, because they have missed the below point.

Cutting the supplies of food/water/sex is not the goal of fasting but it is only the mean in order to be able to see clearer into oneself and what is going on within. That is when you can purify yourself effectively.
It is a lot harder to do that when we have all the noise of life around us and we constantly respond to our instinctive desires as any animal would.

Abstention also sharpens our will, so that we can become more in control of ourselves, and not the other way around.

Ramadan is a cool month to try all that stuff out, but I think it is even cooler to try that at random days during the week.

"Many receive nothing from the fast except hunger and thirst." -Prophet Muhammad (Yes, I quoted a hadith)

herbman

Dear Cerberus
Thanks for your input.

Let me explain you my view  regarding fasting.
Actualy fasting from drink is dangereous for your kidneys.  Even more in warm countries like Arabia, risking dehydratation.
I have seen my self many misconduct regarding young and old people fasting even if dangereous for their health because of social pression.

Indeed fasting is a good think for health and meditation if you fast from food and keep drinking this is even a well know therapy that cures many diseas and is under used.

Peace

HP_TECH

herbman

Quote from: HP_TECH on February 01, 2018, 09:56:43 PM
I made a video for you

https://youtu.be/CueDDyV7NDs

Hi HP_tech,

thanks for your clear answer, let me answer you claims in the video.

First the title:
Salaamu Alaykum Quran Alone Imams Please Stop inventing your own religions

I am not an Imam inventing my own religion, I try to find answers based on the Quran only.
I do not have any religion.
Religions are man made.

Secondly:
You say I am making a deduction based only on the last sentence from 2:187 Thus does Allah make clear His ordinances to the people that they may become righteous.

Remember 2:187 is not just a sentence out of context cause it is right in the context of sawm, same for 2:177!

Third:

You say fast is "abstaining"  which I totally agree with.
But you claim it is abstaining from food, drink and sexual intercourse.

Please show me where in Quran it stated so?
Nowhere in the Quran it is written that sawm is abstaining from food and drink.
Instead It is clearly stated that sawm is abstaining from talking! see - 19:26

Four: Please read point 4 of my post Verses analisys and Context

Please explain how fasting from food and drink will help your victims from your fault?
If fasting from food and drink helps you find Peace for yourself so be it, but please explain how it would help the people you get faulty with!

- 4:92
*Shows if you kill someone, pay blood money, or free a captive, if you cannot you have to SAWM 2 consecutive "full moon"

- 5:87 to 5:89
*Shows again if you commit a fault you have either to feed 10 needy people, or free a slave or if you cannot make a SAWM during 3 days

- 58:3 to 58:4
*Show the same as above if you commit a fault you have to free a captive or do a SAWM of 2 consecutive full moon.

Five:

Please explain clearly why do you fast from food and drink?
Please avoid answer like because it is prescribed.  I want to know the reason, why?  It must have a clear reason behind.

Peace

HP_TECH

herbman

Dear HP_Tech,

if you want to keep debating please write your arguments here.
This would be easier to interact than a video.

Thanks