News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Which Christianity sects believe that Jesus died for everyone's sins?

Started by diamantinehoneybunch, July 12, 2013, 02:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jafar

Quote from: alfarwq on July 28, 2013, 04:30:03 AM
There is NO Christian who does not believe that Jesus died for everyone's sin,excepting maybe a few extinct gnostic sects who believed that Jesus as incarnated God could not die on the cross.This has always been the center of the Christian dogma.The ''sin'' is not only every Christian's sin ,but also Adam's and Eve's ancestral sin.

I've challenged one of the evangelist that I met with:
Me: "In that case, since Jesus died for everyone's sins, which includes me, then I'll say Thanks Jesus!! Well.. is that all?"
Ev: "No you need to accept him in your life in order to receive your salvation and the only way you can do that is by joining our congregation... bla bla bla bla"

People can and shall change any ideas / dogmas to make it suitable to support their objective.

Salam / Peace

Man of Faith

There is NO Christian who does not believe that Jesus died for everyone's sin,excepting maybe a few extinct gnostic sects who believed that Jesus as incarnated God could not die on the cross.This has always been the center of the Christian dogma.The ''sin'' is not only every Christian's sin ,but also Adam's and Eve's ancestral sin.
I do agree with kgwithnob that Christianity should be called Paulism,but JESUS ON THE CROSS is the essence of Christianity no matter of time or sect.The most important Christian holiday is Easter ,not Christmas.If you don't believe that Jesus died for your sins you are NOT a Christian.It is not sufficient to see Jesus as ''son of God'' or ''God''
Most Muslims,Hindus,Chinese etc do not understand,because it's a completely different theology.

I used to call myself Christian before I stumbled across the Quran. Well, I surely was not Christian, but I did not know better at the time. I was a Unitarian (Monotheist) Christian who never believed in the trinity and I always thought Jesus was an ordinary man who was crucified because people, especially clergymen, could not stand him. He died for the sins of people though, but rather to expose them. That the Quran says that Jesus never died but was taken back to Heaven before his body was crucified has led Muslims to believe there is a second coming of him. This was obviously to save him from the pain and nothing to do with any return to Earth again.

Christmas and Easter is more about tradition than related to religion these days although some orthodox Christians still associate it with it. The long Friday is an element the same as when the Shia Muslims mourn for Imam Hussein. Well, the traditional Muslims are no better than Christians really the only difference is they refer to Jesus as a God while the Muslims listen slightly more to God's words but idolize Muhammad still comparatively.

There may be a revival of monotheism within Christianity too. Some JW do not believe in the trinity and so are others. They do simply not believe in the argument of Jesus as God, perhaps affected by the spread of islam in the world. Traditional Islam and its bad reputation is keeping many from the Quran, as it kept me for many years. People associate with what they hear and they think the Quran is fake, crap and a cheap copy of a book on the Abrahimic path of Faith because they think without reading that it support all the ideas which traditionalists propagate. All we can do is to uncover the Truth which has been hidden since the advent of Quran by deciphering the passages and proclaiming the true meaning of islam, and Christians and people from other faiths will learn to appreciate and islam will spread in a proper way. Most Christians believe in the trinity because they are misled by centuries of indoctrination without thinking rationally as no sensible man would believe in the trinity.

We can flame everyone (of them), Christians or Muslims, it does not matter, both are crap. The only thing we can do it to focus on total submission to God alone and distance ourselves from the sectarians. If it a new Book was released, (Muhammadan) Muslims would be targeted just like the 'people of the book' were slammed in Quran. You cannot flame someone who submits to God and serves Him alone.

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

alfarwq

Unfortunately Christians will NEVER be monotheistic.They split out of it 2k years ago and no matter how things will evolve Christianity won't turn back to Judaism and to the pure monotheism.It's written in the Holy Quran.They all will continue to warship Jesus.
That's why I abandoned it.I try to be monotheist= 'abdullahi wahaneef, no matter if I call Him God or Allah,although for me they are not the same.It is a compromise I make for Allah's sake ;I also use God or Dumnezeu and I think of Jesus= Aissa as a simple prophet.
If I wasn't Muslim then I'd probably become a Jew.I am sick of christianity though my pig eating ancestors were probably fighting Muslims.I need no other Saviour but Allah, laa hawla walaa quwwata illaa billah.
Ramazan mubaarak

rebeccarossa

Hi,

All denominations of Christianity believe that Jesus died for the sins of all. The difference between denominations is the emphasis on this tenet of faith that is put by the denomination. For example Roman Catholics believe that while Jesus died for everyone's sins, one still has to go to Confession to receive forgiveness. Other Protestant denominations focus on "the Blood of the Lamb" and believe once you are "born again" all your sins are forgiven and then it gets murky as to whether or not this includes future sins. If a person then begins sinning, especially sins they have sinned previously, they refer to it as BACKSLIDING.

Aaleyah

Quote from: alfarwq on July 28, 2013, 04:30:03 AM
I do agree with kgwithnob that Christianity should be called Paulism,but JESUS ON THE CROSS is the essence of Christianity no matter of time or sect.The most important Christian holiday is Easter ,not Christmas.If you don't believe that Jesus died for your sins you are NOT a Christian.It is not sufficient to see Jesus as ''son of God'' or ''God''
Most Muslims,Hindus,Chinese etc do not understand,because it's a completely different theology.

Salam!

Its one sect that belevieve Jesus not died for sins. Unitarian christian.

diamantinehoneybunch

Peace,

Oh how dumb I was. I used to believe that Unitarian Christianity and Unitarian Universalism are the same thing but NO!

This profile is dead. It was assasinated by its owner :D

I am no longer of an adherent or believer of any religion. So some of my views that have been expressed here may no longer represent or reflect my current views.

Lena

no matter if I call Him God or Allah,although for me they are not the same.It is a compromise I make for Allah's sake ;

Isn't God the English word and Allah the Arabic word for the one Creator, Almighty God? What do you mean when you say they are not the same? Do you mean not they are not the same entity?

Man of Faith

Salaam,

There is only one god and it does not matter by what name you address Him as long as it is not an unrighteous name you use.

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]