News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Universal Sufism, Omnism, Buddhist meditation, yoga and veganism?

Started by Ervin, December 25, 2016, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ervin

To be honest, I am finding it hard to tie my self down to one religion. A big part of me believes that all religions have some good stuff, and some stuff that might not be correct. Like I find Buddhist morality and ethics to be good, also, I find meditation to be good. But, I believe in God and Buddhists don't.

So,I have been looking into universal Sufism. Now they believue in God,( So do I) but they don't reject entirely any religion.
For instance, whatever that there is good in Buddhism they aeccept it, but, the part that stays silent on God they reject.

The other name for such belief is Omnism.

Anyway, I would like to start meditating Buddhist style and doing yoga, I also want to become vegan, since I see those practices good.

So, I am interested on your thoughts on things like IE, Omnism.

So what do you believe?
My real name is also Ervin

Man of Faith

Meditation is good due to the concentration on sealing off the worldly/bodily and therefore it works. Thence you can focus more on your spiritual side.

Be well
Amenuel
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Jafar

Yes you're correct, truth and falsehood are everywhere..

Accept anything you see is good, regardless of the source..
Reject anything you see is bad/evil, regardless of the source..

A little correction, it is not correct to say that Siddharta and/or Buddhist does not believe in God.

The fundamental differences between "West" (Middle east included) and "Eastern" religion lies on Belief vs Deed approach. The west focus on "Belief" and "Faith" and tends to be dogmatic regarding it (You don't believe in my holy book? Oh you will be burn in all eternity by my God etc..)... While the eastern religion doesn't even care about "belief" and focus solely on the deed. That's why they formed certain 'genre' which is now called as "Dharmic" religion.. (Dharma is sanskrit for "Deed"/"Action").

Siddharta (and so does many other eastern philosopher like Conficious) does not even discussed about God or Deity.
The correct terminology will be "Non Theist" instead of "Atheist"...

It's like your Math teacher never talk about God at all..
Just because your math teacher never talk about God doesn't really mean that he doesn't believe in God..
As long as you do well on the math test, then you're ok... whether you believe or do not believe in God (or Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy) doesn't really matter...

So if you're a Buddhist and you believe in God or even Gods and Goddesses then it's ok... and if you don't believe in God or Gods and Goddesses then it's also ok... You do Buddhist style of meditation, dietary practices, observe the good deeds (Dharma) while also believing that Jesus saves humankind by his sacrifice on the cross.. it's also ok...

Man of Faith

I think their "god" is pantheistic and therefore the title is irrelevant. Everything is the Foundation/Rabb/God.
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

Jafar

Quote from: Man of Faith on December 30, 2016, 04:39:38 PM
I think their "god" is pantheistic and therefore the title is irrelevant. Everything is the Foundation/Rabb/God.

Panentheistic to be exact.. and not pantheistic..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panentheism

But it's not "God" as pictured by 'westerners'..
The God who live in heaven, surrounded by host of angels, talk to prophets, wrote books and got pissed off when somebody wrote a bad review about his book and/or his commands are not being obeyed.

Yet it's ok if somebody believe in the existence of such God.... as truly it doesn't really matter..

Man of Faith

Quote from: Jafar on December 31, 2016, 12:52:11 AM
Panentheistic to be exact.. and not pantheistic..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panentheism

But it's not "God" as pictured by 'westerners'..
The God who live in heaven, surrounded by host of angels, talk to prophets, wrote books and got pissed off when somebody wrote a bad review about his book and/or his commands are not being obeyed.

Yet it's ok if somebody believe in the existence of such God.... as truly it doesn't really matter..

Okay. "My" "God" is pantheistic, not panentheistic. The dynamics of "God" is not that relevant though as it is just details, although it matters to those who use blasphemy laws. Both pantheism and panentheism is heresy according to the Abrahamic cults. I would not call not existing as an ego alone but in God absorbed in unity is particularly megalomaniac. My "voice" alone is not what steers the reality forward but the "hive's" consensus together. Personally I find the Abrahamic cults to be quite ego-centric on the individual and certain individuals seem to believe you can eradicate the pest who are less worth than them because they are not pure/holy. That does not rhyme together with the message of Jesus that you should help your neighbor as well as your enemy for the betterment of the system/kingdom of God (the existence the way we know it).

Quotegot pissed off when somebody wrote a bad review about his book

"Pissed off" is an emotion and the trait of a typical man. To further make it precise it is of the instinct and not from a living person in the flesh who has "separated the spirit from the flesh" and is therefore in control over emotions, and such person would then be better than that god? What is the logical point in being "pissed off"? What does the deity gain? Does it feel good for the deity in letting the hormones rush? Does it have hormones to begin with?

Those who sponsor that image of a god surely made it very worldly.

Anger is triggered when a human feels frustration/stress due to some event, but can also be aggregated by "wishing to be angry", i.e. they can charge their anger level and therefore act outwards. It is an innate instinct for fighting and drains a lot of energy in the body because it prepares for combat, increases the blood flow to maximize muscle capacity and transportation of nutrition in the body and which is visible in the face which turns red. Anger can be hard to practice not to accumulate, but it helps not being upset about things and understanding reality including the lost souls that commit atrocities.

Best would be when you can control it so well that you never get angry and have no frustration build-up (which makes ventilation of anger necessary).

QuoteThe God who live in heaven

That god has a location and that is interesting. It indirectly makes the god physical in ways because it needs a fixed location.

Quotesurrounded by host of angels

And why does the god require to be surrounded by angels? Does it need to be defended? Or fed grapes into the mouth?

Quoteand/or his commands are not being obeyed.

Why be concerned about this? Those who do not wish to grow is their own problems.

QuoteYet it's ok if somebody believe in the existence of such God.... as truly it doesn't really matter..

It can still puzzle one how that god is believable to people.

Be well
Amenuel

Jafar

Quote from: Man of Faith on December 31, 2016, 08:34:24 AM
Personally I find the Abrahamic cults to be quite ego-centric on the individual and certain individuals seem to believe you can eradicate the pest who are less worth than them because they are not pure/holy. That does not rhyme together with the message of Jesus that you should help your neighbor as well as your enemy for the betterment of the system/kingdom of God (the existence the way we know it).

Correct, then move further on exploring "WHY" it happened as such...

I would say "Israelites Cult" rathern than "Abrahamic Cult", given Abraham didn't invented any cult...

As on why, it's because the inventor of such cults (well any cult actually) have a 'political' goal in mind.
It's clearly apparent whether it's Islam, Christianity or Judaism..
Obey! Obey!, Samina Wa Atona (We hear and we obey), don't make friends with certain group of people they're your enemy, 20% of the war booty shall go to God and his agent on earth etc...

"Pissed off" is an emotion and the trait of a typical man. To further make it precise it is of the instinct and not from a living person in the flesh who has "separated the spirit from the flesh" and is therefore in control over emotions, and such person would then be better than that god? What is the logical point in being "pissed off"? What does the deity gain? Does it feel good for the deity in letting the hormones rush? Does it have hormones to begin with?

Good question, "Pissing off God / Deity" is the justification for death / torture due to 'blasphemy'.
From Abraham, Jesus, Socrates to that Cartoon maker in Jordan...

Abraham, your act pissed off Marduk, herewith we sentenced you to death by fire...
If we didn't punished you then surely Marduk will be angry at us and punished us because we didn't obey his command of defending his honor.

Such was (and is) the thought process of the religious.... regardless of what name they call their deity or how many of them...

If "the true God" is really all powerful thus all of His will / plan become true, then He will never be "pissed off"... why? because everything happened in accordance to His will / plan.

It can still puzzle one how that god is believable to people.

It also puzzled me...

Man of Faith

You put it forth really well there, Jafar, explaining the similarity between a humanly king and the portrayed kingdom of God according to the religious minds. I find it fascinating, as Mr. Spock (Star Trek) would have said. It is clearly instinctive behavior.

And I am sorry if I brought disrespect to Abraham. You are right that we could say Jewish or Israeli cults. Islam is just (modern) Judaism 2.0 like you have written before yourself. My thinking is that a sect is a major deviation from an original doctrine so therefore I said Abrahamic sects/cults, but I realize it may be unfair to relate them to Abraham and Abraham himself would just have shaken his head if he saw the state of religion in the world today (and also for the 3000-4000 years passed since his life cycle).

Be well
Amenuel