News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

How to help the lobsters who are about to be cooked ALİVE?

Started by Bashar, October 20, 2023, 11:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bashar

Salamun 'alaykoum (my) noble Siblings,

some of you maybe already know about this problem; In certain restaurants and even HOMES a lobster (or even more!) is (are) thrown into a pot of BOILING water alive supposedly in order for it's meat to not spoil so fast.

Now by the Will and permission of ALLAH, how do YOU think we can solve this (problem) & save those (and maybe other) poor animals (etc.)?

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Peace

I also hate and am disgusted by this evil practice. Perhaps giving and supporting animal charities and spreading awareness. I remember Gordan Ramsay doing this on a cooking show once. I can't stand the guy ever since I watched that.
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Ronin

99:7-8 So whoever does the weight of an atom of good will see it. And whoever does the weight of an atom of evil will see it.

5:50 Is it the law of the days of ignorance that they seek to uphold? Whose law is better than GOD's for those who have attained certainty?

Bashar

Marhaba/ Greetings and thank ALLAH, all the readers & especally You 2 for your contributions so far.

Sister Sarah made a really good point and brother Ronin reminded us of ALLAH'S Words 1ce more, providing us more "spiritual nutrition".

Besides, I know from a previous little research on the matter that the problem of the tortured lobsters has been mentioned in at least 3 books, one of which is titled
"Consider The Lobster"
and was written by W. F. Wallace, just so You know.

What'd you think now about elaborating a little MORE on how we can tackle the issue..?

By the Will of ALLAH I'm also thinking about presenting the above mentioned problem to the "direct" FM site, i.e. under the subcategory 'Projects'.

Bashar

May ALLAH reward You too well, Brother Jafar.

You know a Swiss Professor & his team actually NUMBED a lobster or more before putting it (them) into the hot water and tried to check whether or not it (they) felt any pain before dieing (also an electrode was put into the water).

Guess what? The pain receptors of one animal seemed to NOT send ANY signals after a certain point and in sha'ALLAH the experiment worked out (the numbing component was simple CO2-gas btw).

Salamun 'alaykoum