News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Project: Free Classical Arabic Dictionary/Lexicon (Lane)

Started by Wakas, August 01, 2005, 12:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asim Iqbal

Assalam-u-alaikum !

peace/safety be with you (all) !

Brother Wakas,

I sent you 2 e-mails on info @ studyQuran.co.uk a few days ago. Did you recieve them.

I am ready to donate atleast 7 hours per week on these projects for now and can increase the time in the future InshaALLAH . I also have ideas for a full time dedicated organization working on projects like these .
ALLAH is Absolutely Perfect. All kinds of Glory, Praises and Thanks are for ALLAH Almighty alone, The Lord, The Creator and The Cherisher of all the creation.

Wakas

peace be upon you Asim,

The room my PC is in was being re-decorated, but now that is fnished, I will have access to my studyquran account tonight.

QuoteI am ready to donate atleast 7 hours per week on these projects for now and can increase the time in the future InshaALLAH .

Excellent. This is indeed an exemplar.
If you have not done so already, please email me what resources you have, if none that is fine, but let me know.

Wakas
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Asim Iqbal

Tell me which e-mail address should I use from now for long term contact with you and communication. I can also start an instant messenger and we can directly discuss once a week via chatting on a predefined time.
For now I want 1 e-mail address which you would like me to send all the mails to you.

I also send rich text messages with pictures etc.. so your e-mail should be capable of reading rich text messages.
I also prefer confirmation e-mail for each and every e-mail to confirm that the message has reached the destination.
My special skill is consultancy but I can participate in a variety of tasks.
Which type of resources do you want, contact me at asim_iqbal_2nd  @  yahoo.com and I will send a confirmation e-mail. If for any e-mail sent by you, I don't send a confirmation e-mail within 2 days that means the mail has not reached me and you send that e-mail again.  We can also discuss the full time organization plan if you are interested (a long term goal).
Just e-mail me at asim_iqbal_2nd  @  yahoo.com with the subject "Projects" . I will use that e-mail to send all my future messages.
ALLAH is Absolutely Perfect. All kinds of Glory, Praises and Thanks are for ALLAH Almighty alone, The Lord, The Creator and The Cherisher of all the creation.

Asim Iqbal

Assalam-u-alaikum !
Peace/safety be with you !
Brother Wakas,

I would like you to comment on the 2 posts above the 7 hour/week dedication post. I posted 3 messages together . You have only replied to the last message only.

Wakas

peace Asim,

The following page has been set up:

http://www.studyquran.co.uk/Projects_page.htm

The quality/readability is the highest priority. Samples are available for all to see, see the above links.

The main advantage of the CD is its ease/speed of use. I can look up a root in less than 2 seconds instead of searching through pages of a physical book. Please see: http://www.fonsvitae.com/laneslexicon.html

Once the pages in Project Lane's Lexicon have been sorted, it should be easier/faster to use than the physical book, but not as fast as 2 seconds. However I am confident this could be done with programming by others. In fact, I will message brother Mohamed (of yaqb.org) to see what he can suggest.

The word search function works like a word search function in a Word document or a search engine, it just finds where that word occurs and shows you. Simple.

Proofreading has been offered for the entire thing by Project Gutenberg / Distributed proofreaders Europe. This could take several years though, but its not necessary for one to use Lane. The main advantage of proofreading and thus turning it into a full text format is that it can be printed in book form very cheap.

Lastly, please keep any future questions as concise as possible.

Wakas
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

Asim Iqbal

Assalam-u-alaikum !

Peace safety be with you (all) !

I liked these projects (PLL and PRL) so much that I have decided to donate  atleast 7 hours per week in these projects  , because these projects are very important and I would also recommend all of you reading this forum to donate as much time as possible to these projects and participate in these projects. I would also recommend each of you to tell as many people as possible about these projects by refering to the following link. Don't forget to read :

//www.studyquran.co.uk/Projects_page.htm

abu salem

Assalamu allykum all,
I have recently joined and want to express that this would be a grand project which can greatly encourage people all over the world to learn the Holy Quran and arabic.

Iam an expatriate from kenya and work here in the Middle east and have just joined an arabic institution to learn Arabic Grammar.My Arabic speaking is okay but really want to go on with this upto degree.

I would benefit a lot, if from now I can get a copy of Lanes cd without having to pay such a heavy amount of $150 dollars.
Anybody there who can copy it for me and I would willingly send the amount of postage and the cd.But the question would be if it the Original Cd. is rewritable.

Please if anybody can respond thanks wa shukran,
Abu salem.

zenje

Peace be with you Abu Salem,

Good to see another Kenyan on board.  :welcome

Please check this thread also for which might be of help - http://www.free-minds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4063
If they turn away, then Say: "God is enough for me, there is no god but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the great throne." [9:129]

abu salem

Zenje,Thanks for the Wellcome :D

Would it possible for me to send you and instant message?I would check if I can do that here;just starting with this forum.

I allready saw the link but it does not solve my problem.
Iam again asking anybody who has the c.d and can wewrite it for me.

Peace and wasalaam to all..

Abu salem.

Wakas

peace abu,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

If you are referring to the CD-Rom of Lane's Lexicon which is being sold for $150, it is uncopyable.

However, if you are referring to the one below, it is copyable:

Quote3) As part of the conversion process, I will receive all files on one CD (or perhaps DVD depending on the size). Thus I will be able to make as many copies as I want to distribute them worldwide to whoever wants one (if they dont wish to download the files for some reason) at cost-price, and you will also be able to make as many copies as you wish.

Wakas