News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Recipes

Started by Leyna, July 11, 2010, 01:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Existential1

Quote from: Released on October 02, 2012, 11:54:55 PM
Adobo is a type of Mexican/Spanish hot sauce. It's like a mix of hot chili peppers, garlic, and vinegar. It's often used to marinate meat or vegetables. I added it once to mashed sweet potatoes, but it didn't taste that great

That's a reference to the mexican-style of adobo.  That particular version is the garlic/vinegar but set with chipotle pepper(smoked jalape?o).   Adobo, which directly translates to dressing/marinade, has many different types depending on the country/culture you're in.  Adobo in Guatemala is different from the adobo in Mexico which is different from the adobo in Puerto Rico. 

Source? I'm fluent in Spanish, have traveled to the aforementioned places, and cook a lot of different Central American/Caribbean foods.

If you live in the US, there is a can of adobo sold in stores that is of the Mexican variety.  I'd suggest using it as a marinade for meat before you grill it.  But, as with all cooking, making it fresh yourself would be waaaaaay better if you can.  Also, if you don't like spicy, leave it alone.

عوني

I tried this Desi style Vegan pasta receipe a while ago and it was very good, I recommend it, Desi food is very awesome and very delicious 8): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUAwpHYEVFE

Tried another receipe a while back (wasn't able to find the video sadly so not sure about the amount) but it was basically making this raw healthy receipe which was raw chocolate balls and the taste was pretty good, the receipe ingrediens was if I remember it right:

Spirulina
Raw Maca Powder
Raw Cocoa Powder
Meedjol dates (I used regular ones instead)
Raw Almonds
Peanut butter
Water
Raw honey (I never added this though but the taste was a bit bitter due to adding a bit too much cocoa powder, adding some honey would make it sweeter)

عوني

عوني

If you like vanilla, I recommend this receipe  8) which is a vanilla milkshake although when I made it (which was years ago) I used milk and dairy ice cream but I recommend the dairy free products instead and no difference really in terms of taste only improvements of course, the receipe is (all of it into a mixer):

4-5 Ice Cubes
Vanilla bean, think it was a small piece I used but don't remember how much exactly I used, I do recall checking how much certain amount of vanilla extract that vanilla bean would equal :) (I actually wanted to use vanilla extract instead but it had percentage of alcohol and the "Halal"/Alcohol-free ones had some percentage of alcohol too sadly so I went with vanilla bean)
Soy Milk 1 1/2 cups
Vanilla sugar 1 tbsp
Vanilla Ice cream (Soy, or any other dairy free) 2-3 cups

And then when mixed and served in a glass you can add
Whip cream at top

عوني

If you live in the UK then Naturli is a good example of a good Vegan brand that I recommend and can be pretty useful for Vegan receipes :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oUmJIwf8ts
http://www.naturli-minced.com/

Sultan Brandon

- Chop 1 organic onion
- Chop 2 big tomatoes or 4 medium ones into fairly small pieces
- Turn oven on 425
- Lay a strip of parchment paper or tinfoil on a good large flat pan and fold the edges up an inch so the juices cant leak
- Put some grass fed ground beef on there and poke / mash it with your fingers until its about an inch or less.  Just not too thick anywhere with lots of surface area.
- put the tomatoes and onions mixed up on one side and fold up the other side so all the juices soak into the tomatoes and onions
- Bake for 20 minutes and casually take it out of the oven after it beeps.  Its fairly well done depending on your oven.
- Put the onions and tomatoes on top and you can somewhat strain the juices as you do so.
- Pinch off about 3 square inches of raw milk cheese and pinch little junks so the meat is covered with cheese
- sprinkle pink Himalayan salt and some organic cayanne pepper (careful at first the pepper is strong).
- Eat expecting to have leftover tomatoes / onions that you can use for next time cause it actually tastes better as leftovers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Freeze 3 organic bananas for at least a few hours, the longer the better (overnight is fine)
- Put in a good blender with water up to half of the bananas
- Blend them up then put it on low while you scoop about 3 square inches of organic peanut butter or more with no sugar or other crap in it, check the label.  Just don't put your hand in the blender obviously.  But you leave it going so it doesn't stick to the bottom cause peanut butter is hard to rinse out.  You want it to blend immediately
- Pour into a cup and eat as is.  Tastes like mild peanut butter ice cream.  Can add whatever you want though but the bananas are a great base and its a healthy alternative to actual ice cream.  Cacao powder can taste good too

Bashar

Peace and Salamun 'alaykoum,

let me share with you the recipe(s) for 2 quite healthy & easy-to-prepare drinks;

1. You mix a cup of warm (NOT hot) water with 1 tea spoon of vinegar (of apple) and the same amount of honey (1 tea spoon). This drink is called "Powercocktaill" by some fellow people, because if drunk at least 30 min. before Your breakfast, it cleans your intestines (especially Your liver) and  as a consequence your whole blood and nourishes you with (at least a bit of) Iron aswell. It is recommended to go on consuming this POWERDRÄ°NK for at least 2 or 3 weaks, and one can drink it half an hour before their dinner to get even better results, it has got NO BAD SIDE EFFECTS (except if You should suffer from severe Diabetes/ Cancer or the like, then you should better leave the honey out, just consult a doctor)!

2. This drink is even EASÄ°ER to prepare: You just need to squeeze a little lemon juice (of up to half e lemon) into a glass of water  and then drink it. It provides you with Vitamin C & satisfies Your hunger additionally.

Thanks 4 reading.